Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192836 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
I would like to ask whether an addition could be made to the possible collections for the Alien Bloodline: Space Prints?

No. If your alien family needs an additional collection, the heir can repeat the geodes, space rocks, aliens, or plants (but only if those 4 are already represented).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »
I am nearing the launching of the third-generation heirs but am still unclear about the Mansion Baron aspiration.

Mansion Baron can't be the unique aspiration for anyone, but yes, after a heir in some other option has achieved a unique aspiration, he or she can also work on Mansion Baron.

We don't say that children can't switch aspirations, so yes, they can.

When I requested a clarification, I was informed that the response below from @dontmindme was correct.
I can answer some of your questions, @oshizu

2) I am pretty sure if you have a Mansion Baron Bloodline, then no, no one outside the line can complete Mansion Baron. I assume the same would be true of the Hunter line.

Before I disqualify myself by allowing my Retail/Vampire founders and heirs to complete Mansion Baron, I would like to confirm:

Question #1:
Is the Mansion Baron aspiration restricted to the Mansion Baron bloodline or is it a free/shared aspiration across all bloodlines, assuming the sim concerned has completed their unique aspiration?
For vampires, I'm not thinking of satisfaction points but the Build Mode discount.

Question #2:
May a pre-teen child living in the vampire household buy traits, if they're not born vampires?

Thank you for reading.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Yes, the Mansion Baron aspiration should be kept for the bloodlines following that option. Your Sims can work on it for points, but should stop short of completing it.

No, vampire children should not buy reward traits that will still be effective when they're adults.

Congrats on getting to the 3rd generation!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2017, 02:00:34 PM »
Wait, now I am confused. If we do not have a Mansion Baron Bloodline, we cannot use it as a unique aspiration? My three lines are Alien, Vampire, and Hunter. You're saying that no one can use Mansion Baron as a unique aspiration?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
Wait, now I am confused. If we do not have a Mansion Baron Bloodline, we cannot use it as a unique aspiration? My three lines are Alien, Vampire, and Hunter. You're saying that no one can use Mansion Baron as a unique aspiration?

As long as you don't have a Mansion Baron bloodline, I'd say it's okay to use it for a unique aspiration or to make it a free aspiration. But I think oshizu was asking about other bloodlines in rivalry with a Mansion Baron family.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #500 on: February 20, 2017, 02:51:56 PM »
The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge

Managing Households and Editing Lots

You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots except for the ones permitted above. Maxis-created venues may be added to community lots. You may alter menus only in restaurants that you own.

General Rules and Restrictions

Editing any lot other than your lots (home + retail) is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.

I reread all 20 pages of this thread and saw how on December 2015 that it was added that we could add or rearrange objects on community lots.  (With the release of Get Together I think)  But under restrictions it still says that it's banned and I think that was when the dynasty came out that it was in there perhaps?  So my question is - can we or can't we?

Also if we can edit lots that naturally let us (meaning ones we can just hit the build/buy mode like the park), are we allowed to add lot traits?  Like bracing breezes to the Willow Creek gym or party place to one of the bars. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #501 on: February 20, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »
Marian,

This challenge is absolutely brilliant!!! Just have to say this is my favorite challenge ever!!! I am playing vampires which I would never have played if not for this challenge. By the time I get bored with one type of play it is time to move to the next. This causes me to miss my next family and style of play before I can return to them. Thank you so much for creating this!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #502 on: February 24, 2017, 03:35:42 PM »
Surprisingly, I have another question...

Q1: I'd like to re-ask Ricalynn's question about lot traits on community venues. I am dying to set up a "Science Centre" of sorts but not at any of my home lots or retail venues.

Q2: I'm unclear what the following sentence means:
You may also add on club hangouts.
Besides the pre-set club hangouts, does this refer only to existing rooms? Like converting that room with the bar in Desert Bloom Park into a club hangout?
Or would it also permit, instead, the construction of an underground club hangout.
I don't see the same "no structural changes" ruling in the Rival Dynasties rules so I'd like to be clear about what's permitted and what's not.

I'm fine if the Team's answer to both question is negative. I'm just exploring the possibilities...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
@Ricalynn, @oshizu, Yes you can add lot traits and edit community lots. The rule against doing that wasn't erased when Get Together came out. As for club hangouts, you can add them in the basement or convert a room -- up to you, really.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
@MarianT
Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #505 on: February 27, 2017, 03:11:12 AM »
For Alien Plants following the Alien Bloodline -  Would Spliced plants work or do they need to be pure?  And the plants have to come from produce that was picked up/bought by the heir.. right?  Can't just harvest from Auntie's garden and then plant.. correct?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: February 27, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »
For Alien Plants following the Alien Bloodline -  Would Spliced plants work or do they need to be pure?  And the plants have to come from produce that was picked up/bought by the heir.. right?  Can't just harvest from Auntie's garden and then plant.. correct?

Pure, and yes, the heir has to pick, buy, or produce them from graft. I think the 1st heir has to be the one to do plants; I don't think later ones can plant at the museum, although they can use fruits later.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »
I had a Sim get stuck in an action where my game wouldn't tell me what it was he was doing or why he was stuck there just standing in the middle of the kitchen for almost 2 sim hours.  I couldn't mouse over the action but it was his picture.   So I did a resetSim figuring the game was just locking up and he turned into an urn.   

Did I DQ myself from HoF?  Is it okay if I don't go back to an earlier save?  If he comes around as a ghost can I invite him in and use ambrosia on him?  There's nothing in the rules against pleading with the reaper (which I didn't get the chance because of resetSim/game lock) but I wanted to double check that I hadn't flubbed up in some way.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
No, you're not disqualified, as long as you don't bring him back to life. You can continue with two bloodlines instead of just one if you want. That's what I did when one of my aliens died of embarrassment.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2017, 02:58:33 PM »
Wait.. this wasn't an heir.  This was a helper.  So that means that bloodline is over?  And I can't bring them back. Even if I can't give him ambrosia.  Can I have him move back in as a ghost? Just wondering it doesn't say in the rules I can't and it does use the move-in interaction. 

Wishing well is okay for anyone but the founder and heirs -- although you take a risk when you use it. I don't think Book of Life affects the sim's age. You can either resurrect someone with it or use it to fill a sim's needs. And there's no rule against ambrosia for spares.

Actually, unless you move in an elder, your spares are probably going to be fine. Once you move the heir out, the rest of the household won't get any older.

The only age-lengthening item you're allowed to use for the founder and heirs is 1 Potion of Youth.

Found this a while ago and I just found it.  I just wanted to make sure it was okay to bring him back into the household as a ghost since I couldn't find anything on adding ghosts. 

anything