Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195648 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #570 on: June 13, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »
@MarianT and Metropolis Man)

Thank you for letting me know so quickly! I haven't seen her yet but did get a pop up when I loaded the game earlier this morning.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #571 on: June 13, 2017, 10:18:07 PM »
From Metro:

IMPORTANT: Please avoid Jasmine Holiday for EA's week-long boost. This goes for Dynasties and Tournament challenges
Wow, good thing I was on the restaurant household this past week.  They were barely at home to see Jasmine anyway, so never got the boost.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2017, 10:07:40 PM »
@ilovethesims

Congratulations on completing your Rival Dynasties Challenge! *throws confetti
Hip-hip-hooray!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #573 on: June 24, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
I bought the Parenthood Game Pack yesterday and have been reading up on character values.

Because of the way I approach the teen-stage challenge requirements, I'm starting to worry that my teens will age up with negative traits.
For example:
*Responsibility: Quitting a part-time job is a negative (my teens always quit at Level 3 to focus on other move-out requirements)
*Empathy: Trolling teh forums (to level Mischief) and declaring an enemy are both negatives
*Conflict resolution: Getting into an argument, being despised, and declaring an enemy are all negatives
*Emotional control: No effect
*Manners: No effect (as long as a teen doesn't use a rude introduction on the way to making an enemy)

I'll be starting a different shorter narrative digression in my story thread to be able to experiment with the new game pack without fear of failing my challenge.
I guess it will be important to build positive Empathy/Responsibility/Conflict Resolution values at the toddler/child stages, so any negative impact as teenagers won't result in undesirable traits later.

Is anyone else playing a Rival Dynasties Challenge with the Parenthood Game Pack? I'll post again after I'm more familiar with Parenthood.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #574 on: June 24, 2017, 03:34:46 PM »
I'm playing with Parenthood in my Apocalyse challenge, and it seems really easy to increase Responsibility just by doing homework, extra credit and school projects. If you get lucky with a couple of teaching pop-ups or do some volunteering sessions, I think that the hit you would take from quiting the job could easily be made up.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #575 on: June 24, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »
I'm playing with Parenthood in my Apocalyse challenge, and it seems really easy to increase Responsibility just by doing homework, extra credit and school projects. If you get lucky with a couple of teaching pop-ups or do some volunteering sessions, I think that the hit you would take from quiting the job could easily be made up.

I agree that responsibility is easy to make up. I would actually say that it's the easiest to make up. Also, working on the school projects raises it rather quickly, so no problem at all to get it up again quickly.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #576 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:37 AM »
@HelenP and @saltpastillen

Thank you both for your reassuring responses.
Obviously, I'm not brave as both of you are! I'm too chicken-hearted to plunge into new content in the middle of a challenge.
First I whine, then I practice.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #577 on: August 15, 2017, 01:05:23 AM »
Dear Challenge Team,

My Gen4 Mansion Baron heir has almost a maxed Friendship bar with Daniela Dinero, who is the Mansion Baron line's founder.
However, their relationship is described as "Acquaintances," not "Good Friends."

For the purposes of this heir's move-out requirements, if Daniela's friendship bar remains as high when the heir is a teenager, may I consider the heir to be good friends with the founder?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #578 on: August 15, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »
Dear Challenge Team,

My Gen4 Mansion Baron heir has almost a maxed Friendship bar with Daniela Dinero, who is the Mansion Baron line's founder.
However, their relationship is described as "Acquaintances," not "Good Friends."

For the purposes of this heir's move-out requirements, if Daniela's friendship bar remains as high when the heir is a teenager, may I consider the heir to be good friends with the founder?

This might be a case of the friendship glitch. Next time you open your game, look to see what the relationship is. Lately, the game has sometimes been slow to register a friend or good friend.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #579 on: September 03, 2017, 01:22:36 AM »
My apologies for not reporting back on this issue.
I'd forgotten to check her relationship panel until her teen years when she started on her "Good Friends" requirement.
By that time, the founder was described as "Good Friends," so it seems to have been a case of "game slow to register friendship," just as you'd mentioned.

New question:
Is the "Toddler Playdate" eligible as one of the three gold-medal parties required by my Mansion Baron bloodline.
My vampires just earned a gold medal and it was quite fun, so I thought I would ask.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #580 on: September 03, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
My apologies for not reporting back on this issue.
I'd forgotten to check her relationship panel until her teen years when she started on her "Good Friends" requirement.
By that time, the founder was described as "Good Friends," so it seems to have been a case of "game slow to register friendship," just as you'd mentioned.

New question:
Is the "Toddler Playdate" eligible as one of the three gold-medal parties required by my Mansion Baron bloodline.
My vampires just earned a gold medal and it was quite fun, so I thought I would ask.
Yes -- any party with goals that you have to achieve is eligible.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #581 on: September 03, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »
Thank you for the quick response!
On second thought, I play the Mansion Baron household first every weekly rotation, so an heir could only host a toddler play date if the second and third households include a non-heir toddler.
If I were to reconsider the rotational sequence to prioritize toddler play dates, I would play the Mansion Baron household third for more toddlers to invite...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #582 on: September 04, 2017, 07:56:10 AM »
Thank you for the quick response!
On second thought, I play the Mansion Baron household first every weekly rotation, so an heir could only host a toddler play date if the second and third households include a non-heir toddler.
If I were to reconsider the rotational sequence to prioritize toddler play dates, I would play the Mansion Baron household third for more toddlers to invite...

I don't think you need a lot of toddlers to get a gold medal on the party. Some of the goals I got (4 Sims eat, 3 listen to music) were just like other party goals.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #583 on: September 26, 2017, 11:55:26 AM »
Sorry for my belated response about toddler play dates.
You are absolutely right: I've only needed one hosting toddler and one guest toddler to throw a toddler play date.
Only the Mansion Baron households have the party requirement, though, which is why I think that bloodline should not go first in a weekly rotation, just so they have the option of toddler play dates to meet their party requirements.

I also have two questions:

Q1: The Gen4 retail heir and I lost track of time fishing for his museum collection until 6 pm Saturday. It took "us" much longer than anticipated to place his museum items, make his 3rd friend, 2 enemies, age himself up, move spares out, then move the heir out and invite new household members to move in.
By the time "we" finished it all, it was 5 a.m. on Sunday of Week 8. 
My question is: Has my Retail bloodline failed the challenge?

Q2: I got all caught up in frantically trying to get the Retail heir moved out, even though he wouldn't have time to try for baby.
In this case, should I have just finished his requirements, aged him up, then left this Retail household until the following week? (I'm thinking, yes...)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #584 on: September 26, 2017, 12:09:34 PM »
Sorry for my belated response about toddler play dates.
You are absolutely right: I've only need one hosting toddler and one guest toddler to throw a toddler play date.
Only the Mansion Baron households have the party requirement, though, which is why I think that bloodline should not go first in a weekly rotation, just so they have the option of toddler play dates to meet their party requirements.

I also have two questions:

Q1: The Gen4 retail heir and I lost track of time fishing for his museum collection until 6 pm Saturday. It took "us" much longer than anticipated to place his museum items, make his 3rd friend, 2 enemies, age himself up, move spares out, then move the heir out and invite new household members to move in.
By the time "we" finished it all, it was 5 a.m. on Sunday of Week 8. 
My question is: Has my Retail bloodline failed the challenge?

Q2: I got all caught up in frantically trying to get the Retail heir moved out, even though he wouldn't have time to try for baby.
In this case, should I have just finished his requirements, aged him up, then left this Retail household until the following week? (I'm thinking, yes...)

According to the rules you have until 6am, so you're good.

anything