Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195755 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #600 on: February 08, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
The spreadsheet for the Rival Dynasty has been updated with missing skills, aspirations etc.

If you are already far in your dynasty i would recommend to you to go to the BloodLineOptions sheet and copy over the data for "Aspirations", "Skills", "Careers" over to your own spreadsheet.
If you are not far i would recommend to just write all your data in a new sheet.

Spreadsheet can be found here

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
Hi folks! With today's patch, the names and point values of a lot of the reward traits required for the alien bloodline option have changed pretty drastically. Obviously, the change is very new and the challenge team will need time to discuss what, if anything, needs to change in the ruleset.

I just wanted to wave my hand and say my aliens and I are looking forward to finding out what you all decide, and I'll politely sit on my hands and not play my challenge file until a decision is made. Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2018, 07:52:26 PM »
2. Have obtained the Never Weary, Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry, and Antiseptic rewards.

@FrancescaFiori
I just checked the new reward traits in-game and if it's any comfort:
*The former Never Weary has only been renamed Seldom Weary (4,000 p), while the new Never Weary costs 10,000 points.
*Steel Bladder (2000 p), Antiseptic (3000), and Hardly Hungry (4000) remain the same, but are joined by Forever Fresh (8000 p) and Forever Full (10000).

So the original four reward traits are still there except that Seldom Weary is now appropriately renamed.
Isn't that the only actual change?  Just trying to offer some temporary consolation until the Team weighs in. :D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
Oh, gosh! That is a relief. I had the impression they’d replaced the reward traits with vastly more expensive versions and I was in a panic. Now my hand-sitting will be much less tense. Perhaps there’s hope for the Moneypennys after all!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #604 on: February 23, 2018, 09:51:26 AM »
I just changed "Never Weary" to "Seldom Weary."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2018, 11:34:25 AM »
i started this challenge and halfway through founder three's first week founder two died! D':

i loved her so much..... if i quit this and started the challenge again with one or two of the same sims would that count as going back to an earlier save to avoid something bad or would it be okay since its starting all over again?
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #607 on: March 04, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
i started this challenge and halfway through founder three's first week founder two died! D':

i loved her so much..... if i quit this and started the challenge again with one or two of the same sims would that count as going back to an earlier save to avoid something bad or would it be okay since its starting all over again?

Starting over is fine. Sorry your Sim died!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #608 on: March 04, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »

Starting over is fine. Sorry your Sim died!

thank you for the swift reply!! im so glad its allowed, i was really going to miss her!

this time i will be more organized! and like, not leave vampires unattended during the day.....
(ಠ_ლ)
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:25 AM »
Hi, I have a question! My heir's 'unique aspiration' is Master Mixologist--he'll have to get to level 6, I believe, in the Culinary field as a young adult before he's allowed to move out, right? Or is that allowed at all--are they not allowed to age up to young adult if they haven't completed the aspiration?

My thinking was:
- have him complete everything else on the required move out list, then age up to young adult, then proceed to the culinary career without moving out, and keeping an eye on friendship/enemy meters to make sure they maintain status in preparation for actual move out.

Or would I have to wait through his whole teen phase for a natural age up before he can complete his unique aspiration?

Or should I just put a 'ban' on my game for aspirations that require being an adult?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #610 on: March 05, 2018, 03:01:17 AM »
Hi, I have a question! My heir's 'unique aspiration' is Master Mixologist--he'll have to get to level 6, I believe, in the Culinary field as a young adult before he's allowed to move out, right? Or is that allowed at all--are they not allowed to age up to young adult if they haven't completed the aspiration?

My thinking was:
- have him complete everything else on the required move out list, then age up to young adult, then proceed to the culinary career without moving out, and keeping an eye on friendship/enemy meters to make sure they maintain status in preparation for actual move out.

Or would I have to wait through his whole teen phase for a natural age up before he can complete his unique aspiration?

Or should I just put a 'ban' on my game for aspirations that require being an adult?

The rules about aging up says the following:
Babies may not be aged up early. Toddlers, children, and teens may be aged up as soon as they've completed their requirements. In the teen's case, this consists of all the requirements for moving out.

So the teen would have to complete the aspiration to age up early, which in your case is not possible with your chosen aspiration, and you would have to wait untill they have their birthday.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #611 on: March 05, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »

The rules about aging up says the following:
Babies may not be aged up early. Toddlers, children, and teens may be aged up as soon as they've completed their requirements. In the teen's case, this consists of all the requirements for moving out.

So the teen would have to complete the aspiration to age up early, which in your case is not possible with your chosen aspiration, and you would have to wait untill they have their birthday.

Ouch, okay. Are we allowed to choose the unique aspirations or do we have to roll them? Just wondering if I can avoid 'become an adult' aspirations in the future.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #612 on: March 05, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
@rika1431
I'm not a member of the Challenges Team but I can give you an answer.

Each founder/heir must complete an aspiration that is unique across all bloodlines (except Mansion Baron and Animal Lover if one of your bloodlines is doing the corresponding Mansion Baron or Pet Lover option).
This would be impossible to achieve by randomizing aspirations. So, yes, you can choose your own aspirations.

Are you using LenaLJ's fabulous spreadsheet? It's a good idea to add an extra page to help you plan aspirations and careers across all three bloodlines to ensure you don't have any overlap.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #613 on: March 05, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
@rika1431

This thread has some tips and tricks for planning a Rival Dynasty, which includes lists of good aspirations and careers. It is a bit old but still valid.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25222.0.html

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #614 on: March 05, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
@oshizu Ah, thank you! I feel like such a fool for not realizing that. Combine that with starting my restaurant late because I didn't realize how star ratings work, and I'm really glad I'm just playing this to 'learn' it for a later story, and to take up time while I get caught up on my legacy posts. It's certainly been a learning experience!

@dontmindme Thanks for that, I'll definitely check it out!

anything