Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195706 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
Wait.. this wasn't an heir.  This was a helper.  So that means that bloodline is over?  And I can't bring them back. Even if I can't give him ambrosia.  Can I have him move back in as a ghost? Just wondering it doesn't say in the rules I can't and it does use the move-in interaction. 

Wishing well is okay for anyone but the founder and heirs -- although you take a risk when you use it. I don't think Book of Life affects the sim's age. You can either resurrect someone with it or use it to fill a sim's needs. And there's no rule against ambrosia for spares.

Actually, unless you move in an elder, your spares are probably going to be fine. Once you move the heir out, the rest of the household won't get any older.

The only age-lengthening item you're allowed to use for the founder and heirs is 1 Potion of Youth.

Found this a while ago and I just found it.  I just wanted to make sure it was okay to bring him back into the household as a ghost since I couldn't find anything on adding ghosts. 

Sorry, I thought it was one of your heirs or founders who died. Sure, go ahead and resurrect him.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #511 on: March 07, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
There seems to be a bug that will not allow one of my heirs to age up on the cake. I am requiring my heirs to max all aspirations as a child which mine has done. It doesn't seem fair to that line to not age up when another line already has. Is there a cheat that I am allowed to use as the cake will not work? I have tried moving the cake multiple times. I have also tried having the cake at 3 different lots. Thank you for any advice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2017, 08:01:44 AM »
There seems to be a bug that will not allow one of my heirs to age up on the cake. I am requiring my heirs to max all aspirations as a child which mine has done. It doesn't seem fair to that line to not age up when another line already has. Is there a cheat that I am allowed to use as the cake will not work? I have tried moving the cake multiple times. I have also tried having the cake at 3 different lots. Thank you for any advice.

Yes, you can use the cheat. When I did that with a toddler, though, I found that the toddler did not have the Top-Notch Toddler trait, which he had earned by maxing the 5 skills. It's possible if you do that with a child that you won't get the Creatively Gifted, etc. traits. Have you tried making a different cake? Sometimes that works for me if I can't use a cake that I used before.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »
@Makenziegma Do you have Dine Out - did you try at a restaurant?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #514 on: March 09, 2017, 10:39:08 PM »
Thank you for the quick response Marian. Ricalynn I will try that. I have the dining out pack but have never really played much with it. Thank you though for the tip and the permission. I was frustrated so took a break from the game for a few days Before starting again I did repair game. When I started the game again it ended up letting me have his birthday using the cake that had already been cooked. So happily he got to have his birthday and I am make to my dynasty.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »
Around page 89 of the Immortal Dynasties Challenge thread, three members of the Challenge team posted that they see "no problem with having a butler."

With two empty slots in each of my rival houses, I am wondering if butlers would also be permitted for the Rival Dynasties Challenge.

P.S. @Makenziegma   
Great news that repairing your game allowed you to use a birthday cake for your heir!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
Since the team was okay with it on the IDC and there doesn't seem to be an advantage to having one in the RDC,  I reckon it's probably fine to go ahead and hire one.

@ratchie What do you think?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2017, 07:07:01 PM »
I don't see any problem with having a butler.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »
Thank you both for responding. :-)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
So, I've encountered an issue which is apparently a bug with the Vampires expansion.  My vampire bloodline founder is doing the public enemy aspiration.  However, his fights aren't registering.  He's already completed his 5 fights (8 fights, actually, since hitting that milestone).  In researching it (and Oshizu helped out by researching it as well), it's a known bug that accompanied the expansion.  Therefore, would it be acceptable to use the cheat to autocomplete this stage of the aspiration as long as he's finished the other two parts of it as well?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
Yes go ahead and use cheats.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »
Yes go ahead and use cheats.

Rachel
Thanks, Rachel!  I appreciate the help and the quick response  :=)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
My heir is attempting to complete the doctor career. She has twice had deliver baby show up on her job tasks but the person never shows up for her to be able to deliver the baby. Any ideas or suggestions. I do not want that glitch to make this line fail. Any help is always appreciated.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »
Try having someone in a different household get pregnant and scheduled to deliver on a day when your Sim will be working. If that doesn't work out, then you can use the cheat if all your Sim's other requirements for a promotion are completed.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #524 on: March 14, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
Marian ty for the idea I will definitely have sims in my other two families get pregnant. However, wondering due to the rotation if it is only the family that is before the family with the Dr. that would need to get pregnant.

I am a little  concerned though since it showed up in the panel for the doctor but never actually showed up at the hospital. However, would rather not use the cheat.

Thank you for your fast response as always!!!