Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195067 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #525 on: March 16, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
My questions are specific to the retail/restaurant bloodline:

1.  Am I correct in understanding that the bloodline can choose either restaurant or retail store throughout the bloodline, or does it have to be just restaurant or just retail store for every generation (i.e--is it okay for founder to do a restaurant, heirs 2 and 3 to do retail stores, then heir 4 do a restaurant again)?

2.  When the heir is ready to start their retail store/restaurant, can he/she simply purchase the restaurant/retail store their family had used in the previous generation, or does it have to be a new one each time (and/or can the stores already existing as part of the game world be purchased for this purpose)?

EDIT:  Forgot I had another question.  Am I correct in reading that the founder needs to finish only the bloodline and career requirements not the two unique skills nor aspiration that heirs have?  As I'm reading it, it seems exactly that way, in which case I've totally mismanaged every plan I've used in trying to approach this challenge as I was trying to have them complete a skill and aspiration  :=/

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #526 on: March 16, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
@PeregrineTook

oshizu asked your first question and she was told that yes you could switch back and forth as you want.   [Link to Post where that's mentioned]

As for your other question - I could have sworn I saw where you could repurchase it as the next heir but I can't seem to find it. but I wanted you to have the first answer while I knew it off the top of my head.

Answer to Edit:  You are correct.  A founder doesn't need unique skills or a unique aspiration completed.  Just the bloodline requirements, portrait, and a max career plus to build the museum the others will use.  Once you leave that lot you won't be able to edit it so it needs to be finished before Gen 1 moves out.   Lena's spreadsheet helps me so much with this in keeping it all straight. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #527 on: March 16, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
@PeregrineTook

oshizu asked your first question and she was told that yes you could switch back and forth as you want. 

As for your other question - I could have sworn I saw where you could repurchase it as the next heir but I can't seem to find it. but I wanted you to have the first answer while I knew it off the top of my head.

Answer to Edit:  You are correct.  A founder doesn't need unique skills or a unique aspiration completed.  Just the bloodline requirements, portrait, and a max career plus to build the museum the others will use.  Once you leave that lot you won't be able to edit it so it needs to be finished before Gen 1 moves out.   Lena's spreadsheet helps me so much with this in keeping it all straight. 
Thanks!  I thought I had the retail/restaurant and founder stuff right (finally as I totally misread it in first approaching this), but I'd rather go ahead and ask than have a disqualification based on assuming I've got it right.  Can't believe I've been cheating myself out of skills and aspirations in each of my previous attempts!

I had actually read through all 21 pages of this thread before asking about buying the restaurant/retail store, but didn't find anything specific on it (which might simply mean I missed it).

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #528 on: March 16, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »
@PeregrineTook Just remember that any aspiration or skill that your founder does max/complete becomes disqualified as something that can be unique for an heir later.  Even though they don't need them.  They still count against all those that follow.

So Example: If Sam Pyre had maxed logic and Violin.. none of the other Pyres could have logic/violin as their unique skills!   If Sam finished Curator.. no one else in the entire Dynasty would be able to use Curator for a unique.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #529 on: March 16, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »

1.  Am I correct in understanding that the bloodline can choose either restaurant or retail store throughout the bloodline, or does it have to be just restaurant or just retail store for every generation (i.e--is it okay for founder to do a restaurant, heirs 2 and 3 to do retail stores, then heir 4 do a restaurant again)?

2.  When the heir is ready to start their retail store/restaurant, can he/she simply purchase the restaurant/retail store their family had used in the previous generation, or does it have to be a new one each time (and/or can the stores already existing as part of the game world be purchased for this purpose)?

EDIT:  Forgot I had another question.  Am I correct in reading that the founder needs to finish only the bloodline and career requirements not the two unique skills nor aspiration that heirs have?  As I'm reading it, it seems exactly that way, in which case I've totally mismanaged every plan I've used in trying to approach this challenge as I was trying to have them complete a skill and aspiration  :=/

Ricalynn and oshizu seem to have taken care of questions 1 and 3. As for 2 -- since we don't say you can't buy an already established retail store or restaurant, that means you can. Keep in mind that when we write rules, we usually say what you can't do and what you have to do. If we listed everything you could do, the rules would be 40 or 50 pages long. You might think you're getting a free pass by buying a previously-owned retail store, but getting the required perks is the part that's difficult.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2017, 03:47:41 PM »

Ricalynn and oshizu seem to have taken care of questions 1 and 3. As for 2 -- since we don't say you can't buy an already established retail store or restaurant, that means you can. Keep in mind that when we write rules, we usually say what you can't do and what you have to do. If we listed everything you could do, the rules would be 40 or 50 pages long. You might think you're getting a free pass by buying a previously-owned retail store, but getting the required perks is the part that's difficult.
I was actually thinking in terms of the number of empty lots needed if each generation required a new restaurant/store.  I figured not seeing that I couldn't hinted that I could, but of course, I worried that it might have been in here and I missed it or it was the intended goal to create new each time, so I thought I should make sure.

Thanks for the quick feedback  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #531 on: March 16, 2017, 04:25:02 PM »
@PeregrineTook

From the first page (which you've already read but I quote it here anyway):
If you are playing the Retail option, you may bulldoze as many of the retail lots in Magnolia Promenade as you need. You may also bulldoze the retail lots in Magnolia Promenade if you need space for any Maxis-created venues that come with game packs.

Besides the four Magnolia Promenade lots, there are:
Three empty lots in Willow Creek (all 30x20);
Three empty lots in Oasis Springs (one is 40x30 and the other two are 30x20);
Two empty lots in Windenberg (one is 40x30 and the other is 20x20); and
One empty lot in Forgotten Hollow (30x30).

When including Magnolia Promenade, I'm finding enough space for to build my 5 restaurants/stores and also place a number of premade community venues made by Maxis or MaxisCreator_01.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #532 on: March 17, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Another question as I'm probably overdoing preplanning my next attempt at this dynasty:
In the mansion baron bloodline write-up, it says,
"1. Complete the Mansion Baron aspiration. Heirs must wait until they've moved to a new lot before they begin to work on this aspiration."
Does this also apply if I'm not doing the mansion baron bloodline, but instead, simply use it as a unique aspiration?  Effectively, does it become something I can complete before moving out?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #533 on: March 17, 2017, 11:49:36 AM »
Another question as I'm probably overdoing preplanning my next attempt at this dynasty:
"1. Complete the Mansion Baron aspiration. Heirs must wait until they've moved to a new lot before they begin to work on this aspiration."
Does this also apply if I'm not doing the mansion baron bloodline, but instead, simply use it as a unique aspiration?  Effectively, does it become something I can complete before moving out?

If one of your other bloodlines is doing the Mansion Baron option, then none of the heirs in other bloodlines can use it as a unique aspiration. But if your 3 bloodlines are working on other options, then one of your heirs can use it as a unique aspiration.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: March 17, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »

If one of your other bloodlines is doing the Mansion Baron option, then none of the heirs in other bloodlines can use it as a unique aspiration. But if your 3 bloodlines are working on other options, then one of your heirs can use it as a unique aspiration.
Sorry, I apparently wasn't clear.  I intended to ask if it can be accomplished before the heir moves out.  For example, heir 1 has a big, awesome, expensive house, heir 2 chooses mansion baron which is completed while still living with heir 1.  Since the "must be completed after moving out" idea was presented within the text for mansion baron, I wasn't sure if that moving out requirement was exclusive to mansion baron or was a specific rule for that aspiration overall.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #535 on: March 17, 2017, 01:55:01 PM »

Sorry, I apparently wasn't clear.  I intended to ask if it can be accomplished before the heir moves out.  For example, heir 1 has a big, awesome, expensive house, heir 2 chooses mansion baron which is completed while still living with heir 1.  Since the "must be completed after moving out" idea was presented within the text for mansion baron, I wasn't sure if that moving out requirement was exclusive to mansion baron or was a specific rule for that aspiration overall.

The "unique aspiration" for each heir has to be completed before the heir moves out. So yes, if you're using the Mansion Baron aspiration as the unique aspiration for a heir, it not only can be completed before moving out, it has to be.

The reason that a heir in the Mansion Baron option can't choose the Mansion Baron aspiration before moving out is that he or she could complete it very easily with the previous heir's house.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #536 on: March 17, 2017, 02:05:18 PM »

The "unique aspiration" for each heir has to be completed before the heir moves out. So yes, if you're using the Mansion Baron aspiration as the unique aspiration for a heir, it not only can be completed before moving out, it has to be.

The reason that a heir in the Mansion Baron option can't choose the Mansion Baron aspiration before moving out is that he or she could complete it very easily with the previous heir's house.
Excellent!  That means my plan matches up with when I plan to have the wealthy helpers move in  :=)
I appreciate the quick feedback.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2017, 06:06:59 PM »
Two questions today...

My Gen2 heir in the Mansion Baron bloodline will be moving out of the founder's house sim-today. I have a question about his birthday party.

Question #1: If my Gen2 heir throws a gold-medal birthday party for himself at the founder's house, will it count toward his 3 gold-medal parties?
               Or does each Mansion Baron heir have to throw their requirement-eligible parties at their own houses after moving out?

Question #2: One of my helpers maxed the Scientist career then realized he can't make serums at home (the Chemistry Lab is part of the Level Scientist promotion package).
                    What are my options? (a) Make the serums at the Lab, (b) place another sim in the Scientist career from Level 1, or (c) am I missing another option?

Thanks for reading!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: April 03, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
Two questions today...

My Gen2 heir in the Mansion Baron bloodline will be moving out of the founder's house sim-today. I have a question about his birthday party.

Question #1: If my Gen2 heir throws a gold-medal birthday party for himself at the founder's house, will it count toward his 3 gold-medal parties?
               Or does each Mansion Baron heir have to throw their requirement-eligible parties at their own houses after moving out?

Question #2: One of my helpers maxed the Scientist career then realized he can't make serums at home (the Chemistry Lab is part of the Level Scientist promotion package).
                    What are my options? (a) Make the serums at the Lab, (b) place another sim in the Scientist career from Level 1, or (c) am I missing another option?

Thanks for reading!

Question 1. The 3 gold medal parties have to be held at the heir's house. If you need another gold medal party for Gen 1, then it counts, but otherwise not.

Question 2. This is more of a gameplay question than a rules question. If your helper missed getting the chemistry lab, then you're stuck with a or b as far as I know. Or you could have the helper make a cloning maching, make your serums at the lab and then bring them home and clone them.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #539 on: April 03, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »
@MarianT

Thank you for your responses to both questions.

(1) That's clear and reasonable: the gold-medal parties, like the Mansion Baron aspiration, need to be fulfilled after moving out.
(2) Sorry about presenting the Chemisty Lab question as if it were a rules question, when it was not.
     It was meant for general discussion and I'll make sure to clarify that distinction in the future.

Again, thank you!