Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 133435 times)

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #435 on: January 31, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »
Wonderful, thankyou!  :D
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2019, 06:03:49 AM »
May I just check something. We cannot count cooking or handiness for designated skills but can we still get points for maxing them? I've suddenly had a panic and I really want to finish this one successfully after so many tries.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2019, 06:29:09 AM »
May I just check something. We cannot count cooking or handiness for designated skills but can we still get points for maxing them? I've suddenly had a panic and I really want to finish this one successfully after so many tries.

Yes, you can still get the 2 points for maxing cooking and handiness.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2019, 07:37:36 AM »
phew, thanks Marian.

I'm on attempt eight I think and am doing pretty well so worried about accidentally breaking the rules (even though I should be confident in knowing them after all this time).

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
about carrying over points.

We can carry over those from something that earns more than one point e.g. someone maxes a skill when at 9 points to take it to 11.
Also it was mentioned that they're carried over when one gain also means another e.g. you gain two points for maxing a skill which also completes an aspiration

What about when two point gaining things happen at the same time for different people? E.g two people returning from work/ school with promotions at the same time when at 9 points. Do we just count the first and lose the second? Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I may have missed it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2019, 04:40:50 PM »
about carrying over points.

We can carry over those from something that earns more than one point e.g. someone maxes a skill when at 9 points to take it to 11.
Also it was mentioned that they're carried over when one gain also means another e.g. you gain two points for maxing a skill which also completes an aspiration

What about when two point gaining things happen at the same time for different people? E.g two people returning from work/ school with promotions at the same time when at 9 points. Do we just count the first and lose the second? Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I may have missed it.

No, you can count both of them.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #441 on: May 03, 2019, 04:48:28 PM »
thanks Marian

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2019, 02:33:45 PM »
I did it!!! I've completed a dynasty at last  :D

I've updated my avatar which was a favourite character from a Sims 3 Dynasty (Darla the vampire from a failed lifestates dynasty) to my favourite from this one; Valie, a criminal rocket builder from gen four.

Now I just need to remember where and how to upload the photo of gen 10 as proof as I can't find my account info to whatever platform I used in the past.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »
I did it!!! I've completed a dynasty at last  :D

Now I just need to remember where and how to upload the photo as proof as I can't find my account info to whatever platform I used in the past.

Congratulations!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
Great job, Vesper!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
Congratulations, @Vesper!

Offline Ronnie8437

• Nooboo
« Reply #446 on: May 25, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »
I'm sorry to bother you. I've started this challenge yesterday, I'm playing with Candy Behr as my founder. I had her and her sister Yuki move in with Joaquin Le Chien (Candy's spouse) and Sergio Romeo. I still need 1 point for my first free day (if none of my uncontrollable roommates makes me lose some other points). Since my game crashed, I thought I could start filling my spreadsheet, but when I enter the "household funds at move in" - which, by the way, is 91748 simoleons - I get -6 points in the "household funds increased by 30.000" section. I know I had read something similar somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore. What should I do?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: May 26, 2019, 08:51:02 AM »
I'm sorry to bother you. I've started this challenge yesterday, I'm playing with Candy Behr as my founder. I had her and her sister Yuki move in with Joaquin Le Chien (Candy's spouse) and Sergio Romeo. I still need 1 point for my first free day (if none of my uncontrollable roommates makes me lose some other points). Since my game crashed, I thought I could start filling my spreadsheet, but when I enter the "household funds at move in" - which, by the way, is 91748 simoleons - I get -6 points in the "household funds increased by 30.000" section. I know I had read something similar somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore. What should I do?

I don't use spreadsheets myself, so can't tell you how to fix that. Can you just change the -6 to 0?

Offline Ronnie8437

• Nooboo
« Reply #448 on: May 26, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »

I don't use spreadsheets myself, so can't tell you how to fix that. Can you just change the -6 to 0?
I tried, but if I change it to 0 the formula for that section gets canceled. I use to write everything down on paper, so I don't really care about it but I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix it and use it correctly.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2019, 04:20:58 AM »
You've probably found the answer already Ronnie but the way to avoid minus points in the spreadsheet is to add the current funds as the same as the starting funds - you shouldn't have zero here as the objective is to improve on the number you started with. The same principle goes for starting and running total of satisfaction points. You can't lose points so even if you spend everything don't reduce it below the starting number.

One thing you should be aware of though is that the formula for the household funds points can give you a point when you're halfway when you should only get two points every 30k. You just have to remember to ignore odd numbers in the box.