Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 133438 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2020, 12:34:12 PM »
With the release of Snowy Escapes this Friday, please allow us time to fully review and test the pack for any changes and updates to the challenge rules.

Thank you

The Challenge Team

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #481 on: June 12, 2021, 10:57:34 PM »
Hello,

I've decided to give this challenge a shot and I have read and reread the rules. There are 30-some-odd pages of Q&A and I've tried to go through them all but it's just so much so apologies in advance if this has been asked already.

When you're ready to marry your founder and it's time to move house - if the house being moved into has residents other than the spouse, do they have to stay or can you move them out while the founder is moving in? For instance, my founder wants to marry Ulrike Faust, so when he moves in with her, does Maarika Haas have to stay too or can I swap her into my founders suddenly available room.  I mean, I can only handle so many uncontrolled sims, lol!

Thanks!

Kerry

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #482 on: June 13, 2021, 07:12:38 AM »
Hello,

I've decided to give this challenge a shot and I have read and reread the rules. There are 30-some-odd pages of Q&A and I've tried to go through them all but it's just so much so apologies in advance if this has been asked already.

When you're ready to marry your founder and it's time to move house - if the house being moved into has residents other than the spouse, do they have to stay or can you move them out while the founder is moving in? For instance, my founder wants to marry Ulrike Faust, so when he moves in with her, does Maarika Haas have to stay too or can I swap her into my founders suddenly available room.  I mean, I can only handle so many uncontrolled sims, lol!

Thanks!

Kerry

Maaike should stay. You can't add rooms to the house, but you can build a basement if you need more room.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #483 on: June 13, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
Maaike should stay. You can't add rooms to the house, but you can build a basement if you need more room.

Thank you!

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #484 on: June 27, 2021, 06:49:26 PM »
Hello,

1. Do you initially move the Founder into his own house? If so,
2. Is he subject to to the 10-collection and the portrait/painting, as he will be alone in the house?

Thank you

Lynette

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #485 on: June 27, 2021, 07:09:03 PM »
1. They move in with their spouse unless you start with a childless couple like the Pancakes. I don't know if we visited this rule for unpartnered sims living together anyways like the members of Partihaus.

2. Your founder is subject to those requirements too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #486 on: July 20, 2021, 02:01:22 PM »
Updates, if needed will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #487 on: September 18, 2021, 02:00:01 AM »
Hello...trying this challenge again after. what. four years?

I was just wondering if the 'roomies not getting together (specifically them having children together)' rule counts for non Founder housemates as well. Let's just say Eva and Marcus spend a lot of time together...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #488 on: September 18, 2021, 08:00:56 AM »
As long as neither Marcus or Eva is your founder, you should be okay.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #489 on: September 18, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »
Update:

When starting your dynasty, if you are offered this by the game, you must decline the offer. If you have already accepted one, that is fine. If not, starting today and going forward, you must DECLINE that offer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #490 on: March 16, 2022, 06:02:12 PM »
Important

Yesterday (March 15, 2022), a patch was released that included a new Neighborhood Stories System.
Specific dynasty challenges may require fine tuning of the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings.
For the time being, please completely disable NSS by going to your Manage Household screen and clicking the green icon on the upper right corner.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2022, 10:10:58 PM »
Additional Rules related to the Neighborhood Stories System for The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
  • At the start of a new or existing dynasty, go into Manage Households to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings. The default is all NSS settings set to ON.
  • You will need to select NSS settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households." Your NSS settings for "My Households" will not affect your active household.
  • Similar to setting up your dynasty's world at the start of a save, selecting your NSS settings is a one-time process.  Subsequent changes to your NSS settings are not allowed nor is changing NSS settings for individual households.

A Suggestion, Not a Rule
You are only allowed a one-time pass at choosing your NSS settings.
We advise you to load a file other than your official dynasty file to play-test the NSS settings to check how they work before you actually commit to enabling or disabling global NSS settings for your dynasty's world.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #492 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:43 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #493 on: July 09, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »
Rule Edit (Setup)

Based on further experimentation with the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS), the rule regarding NSS settings has been changed as follows to player's choice:

The following options should be chosen: Autonomy -- Full; Aging -- Normal; Auto Age All Sims; Fill Empty Houses -- Checked. If you have Seasons, you may choose any length. You may opt out of Blizzards and Thunderstorms, but must have Rain and Snow. Sims must be affected by weather. You may opt out of fame. Any Sim that you want to become famous can choose to step into the spotlight, though. Neighborhood Stories System settings: Player's choice.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #494 on: April 19, 2023, 02:16:34 PM »
Hello, there.  I haven't posted on this forum in a gazillion years, although I lurk frequently.  I know this challenge is an older one, but as I have been searching for both a semi-ISBI long-term challenge AND one that involves pre-mades (whom I tend to never play with,) this one has really caught my eye.  I have read all 30+ pages of this thread, as well as some completed stories, and I think I have the lay of the land.  While most questions I had have been answered along the way, I do  have a few questions regarding recent additions to the game:

1. Will there be any changes to challenge rules or scoring concerning the addition of milestones (for any age) or the Infants lifestage? 

2. Shall I assume the "-10 points for controlled Sim that is a ___" also includes werewolves?  What about mermaids? (I assume all occults are subject to the point loss if they are a controlled sim.  I'm just planning ahead in case I need to seek a cure when a potential heir down the road.)

3. Are the collections in the old list the only ones allowed, or are items more recently added that can be found (such as messages in bottles from Tartosa or seashells from Sulani) or made (such as cross stitch items) allowed for museum inclusion?  (I might have missed a note about this somewhere in this long topic.)

Thank you!