Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131548 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
@Narinn2045, What you can do is have Candy make friends with a homeless Sim who's YA, adult or elder and ask that Sim to move in. She'll have to produce a portrait of that Sim, but Yuki will have a caretaker.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 10:17:29 PM »
@MarianT Ah, okay. Thanks.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »
Thanks for all your wonderful responses, team.

I do have one more question, regarding setting up the neighbourhood. A lot of the stuff you've said we're allowed to add to the town comes with packs I don't have yet.

Would players be allowed to edit unowned community lots to add stuff-pack content like water slides and puppet theatres if they get the packs that come with those items mid-game?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »
Thanks for all your wonderful responses, team.

I do have one more question, regarding setting up the neighbourhood. A lot of the stuff you've said we're allowed to add to the town comes with packs I don't have yet.

Would players be allowed to edit unowned community lots to add stuff-pack content like water slides and puppet theatres if they get the packs that come with those items mid-game?

Yes, whenever you get a pack that is new to you, you're allowed to add the venues and objects that come with it.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »
1 point for each level gained in a unique designated skill (cooking and handiness not allowed) by the controlled Sim. 20 points maximum. Your Sim must max this skill before gaining points from another skill, and no other controlled Sim may choose this as the skill to gain points from.

To clarify: Say the founder claims charisma as his designated skill and earns the full 10 points by maxing the skill. He then gains 5 points each in mischief and mixology. Does that mean that a future heir cannot get points from mischief or mixology, either as the designated unique skill or as secondary skills?

Also, do skills or careers that Sims have before we move in with them or move them in count? I'm thinking of gardeners, fishermen, and repairmen, who already have maxed skills. Also, sometimes the game assigns Sims it puts into houses high level careers. So, say we move in with a Sim at the top of a career. Do we get those points or does the Sim have to max the career while our heir lives with them?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 05:32:01 PM »
1 point for each level gained in a unique designated skill (cooking and handiness not allowed) by the controlled Sim. 20 points maximum. Your Sim must max this skill before gaining points from another skill, and no other controlled Sim may choose this as the skill to gain points from.

To clarify: Say the founder claims charisma as his designated skill and earns the full 10 points by maxing the skill. He then gains 5 points each in mischief and mixology. Does that mean that a future heir cannot get points from mischief or mixology, either as the designated unique skill or as secondary skills?

Also, do skills or careers that Sims have before we move in with them or move them in count? I'm thinking of gardeners, fishermen, and repairmen, who already have maxed skills. Also, sometimes the game assigns Sims it puts into houses high level careers. So, say we move in with a Sim at the top of a career. Do we get those points or does the Sim have to max the career while our heir lives with them?

Once a Sim has started to count points from a skill, no other Sim can count points from that same skill. Your founder would count points from charisma and then from either mischief or mixology (not both). However, a future heir could max mischief or even charisma and pick up the 2-point bonus for maxing a skill.

With regard to your 2nd question, Sims that already have maxed a skill or career don't get any points for that. You'll want a housemate at level 9 of a skill or career.

Skills and careers

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »
Sorry to be a pest, Marian, but what should we do about Sims that are already in clubs or who are club leaders?

If the founder or heir has 5 points in a skill before moving out and they go on to max that skill as their unique skill, they would get 5 points plus the 2 points for maxing it? In other words, the points would only accrue after they move out? So, to get the full 10 points, they would have to start a skill they have no points in. Is that right? However, for their aspirations, as long as they complete it after moving out, they get the points. I guess I'm trying to figure out what and how much of what is done before moving out counts for them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 09:29:10 PM »
Dear Team,

It would be great if the lot traits/club perks list could be copied over to this thread instead of only linked. I'd like to ask a question about the club perks in connection with your new challenge rather than the Immortal Dynasty Challenge.

My Question: When you refer to "benign" club perks, does that also include the mood-based vibes? Do you mean "every club perk except the listed adult skill boosts"?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 09:36:07 PM »
Sorry to be a pest, Marian, but what should we do about Sims that are already in clubs or who are club leaders?

If your Sim moves in with housemates that are in a club with him, he needs to leave the club. Housemates in clubs can only call meetings or go to meetings on their free days.

If the founder or heir has 5 points in a skill before moving out and they go on to max that skill as their unique skill, they would get 5 points plus the 2 points for maxing it?

Yes

In other words, the points would only accrue after they move out? So, to get the full 10 points, they would have to start a skill they have no points in. Is that right?

Yes

However, for their aspirations, as long as they complete it after moving out, they get the points. I guess I'm trying to figure out what and how much of what is done before moving out counts for them.

Nothing that is done before moving in with the spouse counts for points. Before moving in, it's a good idea to write down:

level in the skill you'll use as a designated skill
career level
# of satisfaction points

And as soon as you move in, note household income.

Basically, there is not a big advantage to having your heir accomplish a lot before moving out; it might even be a disadvantage. Or you can have your Sim work on a skill that will be useful for the job, but have a designated skill be a musical instrument or something else that's fun.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
@oshizu, there is nothing in the rules for the Townie Dynasty against club perks. The only rule so far is that your controlled Sim is not allowed to be in a club with other household members. But if the team feels that there's too much of a possibility for exploits with clubs, we might have to institute something similar to the rule for the Immortal Dynasty.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 10:03:24 PM »
@oshizu, there is nothing in the rules for the Townie Dynasty against club perks. The only rule so far is that your controlled Sim is not allowed to be in a club with other household members. But if the team feels that there's too much of a possibility for exploits with clubs, we might have to institute something similar to the rule for the Immortal Dynasty.

@MarianT
So sorry for confusing the rules for the two challenges. I followed the "lot traits" link from this thread to the other thread then forgot what the original topic was. *feels ashamed

One more question: The rules state and Cooking and Handiness are banned. May I assume that means only Homestyle Cooking (not Gourmet)? (An obvious question but just to be safe...)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 10:06:56 PM »

@MarianT
So sorry for confusing the rules for the two challenges. I followed the "lot traits" link from this thread to the other thread then forgot what the original topic was. *feels ashamed

One more question: The rules state and Cooking and Handiness are banned. May I assume that means only Homestyle Cooking (not Gourmet)? (An obvious question but just to be safe...)

No need to apologize. You brought our attention to a potential exploit, which we're working on. And yes, only Homestyle Cooking is off limits as a designated skill. The reason it and Handiness won't count is that your controlled Sim will probably be gaining a lot of skill in those 2 areas.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 12:07:38 PM »
Added:

-2 points for every club perk.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 08:25:57 PM »
Questions, again.

Traits for children born into the household must be randomized, but you may choose their aspirations. Your heirs must choose unique aspirations, i.e. aspirations that have not been completed by a previous heir.

I take it from this rule that there are no shared aspirations. Once an aspiration is completed by the founder or an heir it cannot ever be completed by another?

Can uncontrolled Sims be designated as mixologist/caterer/host for a party if they are not controlled or can they only be given those assignments on free days?

Can the good friends live in the household?

The interior of a house may be changed but not the footprint, i.e., the shape of the house. You may add basements if you need more room. You may make changes to the landscaping and add a pool.

May any objects be placed outside as long as the structure is not altered? For example, if there is room for a telescope or a jungle gym, may we place those on the home lot?

You may bring household members with your Sim to a community lot, and you may have them do things together there.

Does this rule hold true for the home lot as well or only community lots?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 09:03:25 PM »
Traits for children born into the household must be randomized, but you may choose their aspirations. Your heirs must choose unique aspirations, i.e. aspirations that have not been completed by a previous heir.

I take it from this rule that there are no shared aspirations. Once an aspiration is completed by the founder or an heir it cannot ever be completed by another?

That's correct. The Successful Lineage aspiration is one that probably won't complete if you're looking for a safe aspiration for someone. And you may want to keep the Fabulously Wealthy and Soulmate aspirations free, i.e., not completed by anyone.

Can uncontrolled Sims be designated as mixologist/caterer/host for a party if they are not controlled or can they only be given those assignments on free days?

Only on free days.

Can the good friends live in the household?

Yes. Anyone who becomes a good friend during the point-counting time is eligible. That includes inanimate objects like the invention constructor.

The interior of a house may be changed but not the footprint, i.e., the shape of the house. You may add basements if you need more room. You may make changes to the landscaping and add a pool.

May any objects be placed outside as long as the structure is not altered? For example, if there is room for a telescope or a jungle gym, may we place those on the home lot?

Yes, that's fine.

You may bring household members with your Sim to a community lot, and you may have them do things together there.

Does this rule hold true for the home lot as well or only community lots?

I do need to clarify that -- community lot only.

I'm glad you're asking all these questions, @reggikko, as it makes me think that you're planning on doing this.

anything