Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651310 times)

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1620 on: February 12, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »
Oh no.  The game still has to store all of your travelling data, all the data for every sim that ever lived, all the houses in the neighborhood, the data for who works where, the inventories of every Sim plust all the other things that are part of a Sim's life even the ones not in your house.   That all adds up and none of it disappears.  Plus if you have memories enabled the game saves every memory for every Sim in the neighborhood and beyond.

Ahhh, I see. And I wasn't thinking about the fact that this Dynasty is 2 1/2 gens longer than the others.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1621 on: February 13, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »
Oh, that's neat, I read a thread the other day where Metro said only your highest Dynasty score would be kept in the Hall of Fame, but it was from years ago. It must have been from before there were multiple types of dynasties or something like that. So glad that I was mistaken!

No, not even that. If you look, there are a couple of people who have completed two Immortal Dynasties, and both scores are recorded (Ratchie and Katluvr come to mind).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1622 on: February 13, 2013, 12:49:06 AM »
Ooh, okay, awesome. I double-checked what I'd been reading, and that post was from three years ago, before anyone was in the hall of fame.

Absolutely. To keep the Dynasty Hall of Fame nice and uncluttered I suppose when that time comes I'll replace a player's first effort with their next effort—assuming the museum score is higher, of course.

I'm glad that he opted for keeping all the scores, since so few people have completed the challenges as it is. :)

Maybe someday I'll finish one up, but I have a feeling it will be after I update my computer a bit. Oh, the sims. I love how Civ 5's bajillion city endgame doesn't even lag, but the Sims, after a few gens, completely murders it. I can't think of any other game I can't play on the highest settings, with Firefox running in the background, even. I mean, it makes perfect sense, it's just frustrating.

I'd really hoped DecaDynasty would be my answer to that. Oh well.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1623 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:14 AM »
obligatorysimpun, don't give up on the Decadynasty just yet. We are now allowed to move our family twice to a different town. That makes a huge difference to the size of your file. If your computer can handle 4 generations, then it should be able to handle a Decadynasty, especially if you disable the memories.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1624 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
OK, just to verify, I choose a single sim as my founder, and she wants to marry a man with a teen.  Initially (the last time I started this a long time ago) the ruling was no restrictions on who could move in with the founder's spouse. 

However, now I am reading that only the spouse can be move in with the founder but when the heirs move it can be into a house with other children?  Am I interpreting this correctly?

EDIT: The rules state that there are no limitations to moving sims in and out, however the comment that there can't be any stepchildren in the house is where my confusion comes. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1625 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
Do we have to keep the same last name going throughout all ten generations? For story purposes I'd like to change it for each heir.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1626 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
That's perfectly fine to do. In fact, it's a nice little twist in my opinion. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1627 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
OK, just to verify, I choose a single sim as my founder, and she wants to marry a man with a teen.  Initially (the last time I started this a long time ago) the ruling was no restrictions on who could move in with the founder's spouse. 

However, now I am reading that only the spouse can be move in with the founder but when the heirs move it can be into a house with other children?  Am I interpreting this correctly?

EDIT: The rules state that there are no limitations to moving sims in and out, however the comment that there can't be any stepchildren in the house is where my confusion comes.

Two founders:   No stepchildren are allowed to move in with the original two founders.   The reason for this is the heir needs to have significance.  If the heir isn't the oldest, what's the significance?

Each remaining generation - the heir and the heir's spouse are not allowed to have children prior to the new heir.   

Also the rules now state there can be no children in the house older than the heir.  Stepchildren would be older and therefore against the rules.

To help with confusion:

Metro stating this on Page 42

Reiteration by Ratchie on Page 52

Do we have to keep the same last name going throughout all ten generations? For story purposes I'd like to change it for each heir.
That's fine - just remember that because your heir is the one that will do the proposing.  The name will automatically remain the same and you'll need to change them at City Hall each time you move into the new home.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1628 on: February 23, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
Alright, I just need some clarification.

What is the rule about moving in non-related children or teens? It would be possible in Bridgeport if someone, say, started with a single man and married Cressida Wells, who could bring the non-related teen Elspeth Cook along for the ride.

That's probably banned, but are there any rules against moving in Elspeth for whatever reason once she grows up?

(Why yes, I'm starting my decadynasty in Bridgeport. I see it as a "I know the risks and I'm still doing it" sort of thing)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1629 on: February 23, 2013, 11:51:19 AM »
Alright, I just need some clarification.

What is the rule about moving in non-related children or teens? It would be possible in Bridgeport if someone, say, started with a single man and married Cressida Wells, who could bring the non-related teen Elspeth Cook along for the ride.

That's probably banned, but are there any rules against moving in Elspeth for whatever reason once she grows up?

(Why yes, I'm starting my decadynasty in Bridgeport. I see it as a "I know the risks and I'm still doing it" sort of thing)

Elspeth would be a child older than the heir if you moved her in as a teenager.   But if she's a young adult then she's not a child. 

As for using Bridgeport - now that we allow two town moves - hey why not.  When it gets bad, go visit Twinbrook or Riverview.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1630 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »
Aurora Skies Edit Town update:

With the addition of Aurora Skies to the town list, the Edit Town rules clarifications have been updated to show the new lots that are eligible for lot reassignment. 

• Aurora Skies
    • Fiskar Fishing Park
    • Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
    • Sustainable Community Garden
    • Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)
    • Placid Park
    • Björn Café

These are the lots that are allowed to be changed as per the previously clarified Edit Town rules.  (link)

If you have already started a dynasty, these options are not available to you.   Do not go back into Edit Town without permission just like before.    There are exceptions this time to the list because for some reason the town creators forgot to make the library a library and one of the pools was marked no visitors.  So they are free to get the designation their descriptions say they are. 

The new hot air balloon is a piece of premium content; it is not a rabbit hole therefore it is not acceptable to copy the lot with the umbrella to put into older saves.   You can purchase the balloon on any lot. 

As always if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  It's better to know than to wonder and find out you were wrong. 

Happy Simming!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1631 on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1632 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
I try reading or search through 66 pages of text, having a major headache now.   Hoping someone here can clear up before i start my attempt.

The 10 items --

Display table -- no
Convertion ritual -- no
Martial Arts break boards -- yes ?
Pets dig up -- yes ?
Miner dig up -- yes ?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1633 on: February 27, 2013, 09:29:18 PM »
Nutella, you're correct. You can also make them or find them, and others in the household besides the heir can contribute.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1634 on: February 27, 2013, 09:35:20 PM »
Marian-

Thank you, lifesaver!  Ya i had gems in my mind, thinking about the best way to get my hands on them without using display table or convertion ritual.