Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651339 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1710 on: April 02, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »
I have been wondering about this for a while but would you be able to do a dynasty with Susan and Boyd as Blair is not in the house, or would that be against the rules?

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,5005.msg119491.html#msg119491
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1711 on: April 02, 2013, 09:01:26 AM »
Boyd and Susan made great parents! And they had a really cute son.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Anna33

« Reply #1712 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:55 AM »
Okay thanks.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1713 on: April 04, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »
I need some advice regarding what career to pick for my second decadynasty heir.
The planned supermax skill is Science, but I still need some help picking out what career to give her.
Any suggestions?

Free for all skills are Logic, athletic, and all instruments.
Planned future supermaxes are : charisma, gardening, martial arts, mixology, sculpting, writing, alchemy and either painting or street art.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #1714 on: April 04, 2013, 07:12:58 AM »
I need some advice regarding what career to pick for my second decadynasty heir.
The planned supermax skill is Science, but I still need some help picking out what career to give her.
Any suggestions?

Free for all skills are Logic, athletic, and all instruments.
Planned future supermaxes are : charisma, gardening, martial arts, mixology, sculpting, writing, alchemy and either painting or street art.
If logic is a free for all skill than I think maybe medical would be a good idea.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #1715 on: April 04, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
This is turning out to be a very interesting challenge to play.  Being at the mercy of the random number generator for Black Ops is pretty painful at times!  Got a couple more questions as I start thinking about town jumping.

For the items that can be left behind, do aftershool program rewards count (ballerina statue, golden saw, etc.)?  What about graduation ribbons (eg. most likely to take over the world)?

Also, what constitutes a unique business?  Is it the name or business type?  For example, would the Twinbrook Hospital and the Sunset Valley Hospital be considered two different businesses because they have different names, or would they be the same one since they're both hospitals?

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1716 on: April 04, 2013, 08:29:30 AM »
Medical career is one of the careers being considered but I've far from made up my mind yet.

For the items that can be left behind, do aftershool program rewards count (ballerina statue, golden saw, etc.)?  What about graduation ribbons (eg. most likely to take over the world)?

Also, what constitutes a unique business?  Is it the name or business type?  For example, would the Twinbrook Hospital and the Sunset Valley Hospital be considered two different businesses because they have different names, or would they be the same type since they're both hospitals?
Neither aftershool rewards nor graduation stuff is included in the list of items allowed so my instinct would that they aren't allowed but one of the dynasty crew might say differently.

Actually unlike for an Immortal dynasty the buildings and properties don't need to unique. You just have to purchase and upgrade one building and property per generation. You can even use the same building and property if you want to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #1717 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
You can even use the same building and property if you want to.
Really?!  That's pretty amazing if that's the case.  My heirs wouldn't have to stick fountains on roofs or fighter jet statues in parking lots anymore in a desperate bid for increased lot value!

Margerita, have you planned out the careers for your heirs yet?  One thing I'm trying to do is give all of the heirs base game career paths, since they're brimming with opportunities.  I think somewhere around the Pets expansion the amount of ops with new careers and skills were reduced, and I don't think self-employed careers produce any ops.

For your science heir, you might want to look at some of the original careers, as I don't know if the science skill itself even has any opportunities.  The police careers might be an option, with athletic and logic being free.  And don't forget about the original music careers in the theatre - with guitar and logic being free the composer track is another great option.

Ooh, that reminds me, I had one more question - do you know if the heir has to be employed in their maxed profession when they move, or can they quit their job or change jobs and still be eligible to move? 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1718 on: April 04, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »
Vinyl,

Once you've achieved level 10 in your career, you are free to take up another career or quit your job entirely.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #1719 on: April 04, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
MarianT, you have no idea how timely your response is!  Black Op number ten just came in - and it's an offer to change jobs (Going Pro)!  Thanks!  ;D

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #1720 on: April 05, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »
Sorry for double posting, but it's town jump time and I wanted to clarify some things.  My heir and his bride (zero days from elderly) will be moving into a pre-made house (that's what he's supposed to do, right?).  Once he's in there, is he now able to move in any woman from the neighbourhood to be the mother of the next heir?  I know heirs can't move into houses with kids in them, and founders can't have kids in the house.  But since the lady would be moving into his house where there aren't any kids, that means every woman is eligible (including the ones leaving kids behind), right?

Also, any ruling yet on afterschool rewards being counted as the ten items left behind (ballet trophies, golden saws, etc)? 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1721 on: April 05, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
You've always been able to move in someone if you wanted but the mother or father of the new heir cannot have children older than the heir.  An heir should be the first child for both of his/her parents.  Although you know you can age her down and use the bride right?

They count.  I just need to add to list now.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #1722 on: April 05, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »
Good to hear about the rewards.  About the first child for both rule, that only applies if the children the townie already had are still child-aged, correct?  I've seen the go ahead in this thread for people to start with the Wainwrights, who have an adult daughter. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1723 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »
Good to hear about the rewards.  About the first child for both rule, that only applies if the children the townie already had are still child-aged, correct?  I've seen the go ahead in this thread for people to start with the Wainwrights, who have an adult daughter.

Founders can't have children within the household.  After founders, the heir has to be the first born child of two people living in a house.   I'm getting a clarification with Metro on how he feels is in the spirit of the challenge. 

Since you brought it up and I talked to Metro about it thoroughly now - He feels that the rule about first born now needs to cover all parents of any heir including founders.  From this moment on, all heirs from the first to the tenth have to be the first born child of both parents.  There can be no other children prior to the heir in the family tree. Otherwise, what makes the heir special enough to be the heir?

Offline Vinyl

• Occult
« Reply #1724 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »
Is it okay if you marry a townie and then find out they once had children, but those children are grown and moved out or deceased (an easy thing to happen if the townie became a vampire through story progression)?  Is there a statute of limitations on the first born rule?  I'm being extra careful to not move into households where any kids are living, but without mods I can't see the future spouse's family tree.  All I can see is that a townie is living alone at the time of marriage, with no kids in sight.