Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 651091 times)

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1650 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:10 PM »
OK, Thank you so much Rica, just a couple last questions, do I have to immediately move towns after he moves, or can I run to the previous house and empty the chest first, this generation was an alchemist and I spent a ton of time searching out ingredients for potions, plus I have two unused lamps and a moodlet manager he didn't buy that I really don't want to lose... when he does move, can I wait at least a day to see if aging is fixed, amd if it isn't and I can't grab the stuff can I go one more generation keeping track of age then move towns?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1651 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:20 AM »
OK, Thank you so much Rica, just a couple last questions, do I have to immediately move towns after he moves, or can I run to the previous house and empty the chest first, this generation was an alchemist and I spent a ton of time searching out ingredients for potions, plus I have two unused lamps and a moodlet manager he didn't buy that I really don't want to lose... when he does move, can I wait at least a day to see if aging is fixed, amd if it isn't and I can't grab the stuff can I go one more generation keeping track of age then move towns?

Go ahead and wait a day or two to see if the aging is fixed if not - you have to move because every day you spend in the old town counts against your 10 days to bring in the new generation.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1652 on: March 08, 2013, 12:09:53 AM »
Ok wait a day or two, if it's not fixed move, can I grab from the chest during that time, wait items won't move with them will they. So I guess I'll move if its not fixed, Thanks for your help!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1653 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:21 PM »
We cannot have Vampire/Genie/Werewolf/Fairy as household member but we can extend their life through other means?  Says non-heir have no life-extending restrictions, so am I correct to assume I can extend any townies life?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1654 on: March 08, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
We cannot have Vampire/Genie/Werewolf/Fairy as household member but we can extend their life through other means?  Says non-heir have no life-extending restrictions, so am I correct to assume I can extend any townies life?

It's not banned then it's allowed.   Yes you can extend the life of townies.  You can extend the life of former heirs.  You can extend the life of spares.   You can extend the life of founders and spouses.  Just not an active heir.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1655 on: March 10, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
Use of a dresser is now allowed on days other than birthdays.   However(!), it is recommended that you check a Sim's age and write it down before sending them to make sure that you don't get the real bug instead of just the temporary one.  If you do get a real bug, you have to contact the team immediately - have it written down what the Sim's age was so we can help you figure out how to proceed.  Double check that it's the real thing by saving, exiting the game and then reloading it. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1656 on: March 12, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
University Life Content Update:

Can I go to University?
-- Yes.   As far as the challenge team is concerned, think of going to university in the same sphere as going on vacation.   They use the exact same rules.  For the Townie DecaDynasty, this means that the vacation time available to each generation can be used to go to China or it can be used to get a degree from University.   So 10 days per generation can be spent away from home.  Where you choose to use those 10 days is your strategy.

Can Social Group opportunities, Dares or Day Jobs be used for BlackOps?
-- Yes but they are under the same restrictions as Adventures from WA.   You are only allowed to use 3 per heir in any combination of adventure, social group, day job or dare.  So you could choose to use 1 dare, 1 day job and 1 adventure or 2 adventures and 1 social group opp. 

Can I use the skills that came with University Life as supermaxes?
-- Yes.  There are no restrictions regarding the three new skills that came with University Life.  Science, Street Art and Social Networking are all acceptable supermaxes.   Just remember that it is unknown at the time of this post how many opportunities are available for these specific skills. 

Do the new Barista Bartenders and Professors count for the NPC requirement?
-- Barista Bartenders do but Professors can live in town so they don't count.  As a bonus, university mascots are also an available NPC for the list.

Can any of the new items be used as collections?
-- Yes - two new collectibles are being added to the rules.   Street Art and Scientific Samples are being added to the list of possibilities that can be left behind in a house. 

Am I allowed to use one of the new Social Group careers as my unique career?
-- Yes.  All three of the new careers are available but be aware that even though the Game Developer has two branches for part of the way through it's progress but in the end it's the same career so it only counts as one career instead of two. 

Are PlantSims allowed? 
-- Yes with restrictions.  A spare or housemate can be a PlantSim at anytime.  An heir and their mate can only become a plantSim after the next generation has been born.  A PlantSim can never be harvested as an heir due to the break in the bloodline and lack of genetics involved in PlantSims.   An heir is not allowed to harvest a forbidden fruit prior to the birth of the next generation as this will make the PlantSim the first born and that goes against the rules.

Any other restrictions?
-- Not at this time.  Enjoy the new careers, herbs, smart phones and parties.  Should you learn anything that would be against the spirit of the challenge please make sure to tell us.

Edit Town Changes:
The following change/restriction is now in place for dynasties from the moment of this post moving forward. 

The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1657 on: March 12, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »
Forgot to mention -   Roommates are allowed but they take up a slot in the maximum amount of Sims allowed into a household which makes them a household member.  Therefore if you invite someone to be a roommate, they follow the same restrictions as all other previous household members. 

Dynasty players after today are allowed a one time chance to go into Edit Town and place the new lots that have been allowed.  If you have installed University Life and played your dynasty since that installation, you have forfeit your chance to place these lots.  If you placed them without permission, you have lost your HOF status.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1658 on: March 12, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »
Does spacerocks and gems count as one category (collecting) ?  Wondering if i could leave gems in one house, then leave spacerocks in another house for the 10 items requirements.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1659 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
Spacerocks and gems are separate collections.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1660 on: March 12, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »
Rica,

Many thanks to you, Metro and Rachel for figuring out the new rules involving University Life so quickly!

Regarding roommates -- when you say they must follow the same restrictions as other household members, does that mean they have to be moved out if they become vampires, etc? Or does it mean your decadynasty fails?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1661 on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
Rica,

Many thanks to you, Metro and Rachel for figuring out the new rules involving University Life so quickly!

Regarding roommates -- when you say they must follow the same restrictions as other household members, does that mean they have to be moved out if they become vampires, etc? Or does it mean your decadynasty fails?

While you have no control over them if they get hit by story progression, you can always throw a cure at them.   If they become a part of your household due to the other bugs, their supernatural state could cause you problems.   But the restrictions they are really held against is that roommate is the roommate of only one house.  A roommate can never be a part of another household for the remainder of the dynasty.

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1662 on: March 12, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »
Rica, when I moved towns I moved with a sim that was already pregnant, now she's been in labour for at least two days, she can't seem to have the child what do I do?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1663 on: March 12, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
Rica, when I moved towns I moved with a sim that was already pregnant, now she's been in labour for at least two days, she can't seem to have the child what do I do?

Have you reset her?  Had she done the flip before you moved ?

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1664 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
I tried the reset sim thing and it didn't work, and what's 'the flip'?

anything