Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195250 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #630 on: March 22, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
The spreadsheet for the Rival Dynasty has been updated with missing skills and aspirations from the Jungle Adventures pack.

If you are already far in your dynasty i would recommend to you to go to the BloodLineOptions sheet and copy over the data for "Aspirations", "Skills", "Careers" over to your own spreadsheet.
If you are not far i would recommend to just write all your data in a new sheet.

Spreadsheet can be found here

Thanks for updating, Lena!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #631 on: March 27, 2018, 07:18:58 PM »
hi again! i am now on the fourth attempt, but its going well! and my sims are v happy to have gender customisation available :D

however i am having an issue and would like permission to turn on testing cheats to debug reset object on my sim to fix the problem
basically the game is considering her at work even though she is on the lot
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
resetsim does nothing, and she cannot be told to leave work early, it shows no options when i click on her icon....
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #632 on: March 28, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
I've occasionally had this, and usually the problem goes away by itself. Try sending one of your other Sims to another lot and then send them home. Your Sim might even be fixed when you get back to your game.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #633 on: April 02, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »
it worked!! thank you MarianT!! :D
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »
For vamps being unable to buy satisfaction rewards, does this go for all vamps or just ones doing the vamp bloodline option? If the latter, does this mean played vamps that aren't founders or heirs CAN buy them?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »
@LazyKatie
I have an answer for your question, because I asked the same question a year ago:

Vampires may not try for baby until their spouse is also a vampire. Vampires may not turn heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampire hunters may not cure heirs or founders of other dynasties. Vampires may not purchase rewards with satisfaction points.

Does this ban on purchasing rewards with satisfaction points related exclusively to the founder and heirs of the Vampire lineage, or to any and all vampires living in an active household?
The ban is for all vampires. They already have quite a number of powers.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #636 on: April 20, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
I see. But what if a vampire is doing the mansion baron option, which requires buying certain rewards? Is an exception made, or do you just get the points to buy them without actually doing so, or what?

Either way its nice to know the answer. Looks like no satisfaction rewards are being bought in my game because all 3 bloodlines are vamps for me. I was playing with the assumption that no vamp can buy them already, to be safe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #637 on: April 20, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »
I see. But what if a vampire is doing the mansion baron option, which requires buying certain rewards? Is an exception made, or do you just get the points to buy them without actually doing so, or what?

Either way its nice to know the answer. Looks like no satisfaction rewards are being bought in my game because all 3 bloodlines are vamps for me. I was playing with the assumption that no vamp can buy them already, to be safe.

Actually it is okay to buy rewards that your vampire needs to complete a dynasty option. Vampire heirs doing the Mansion Baron option would need to buy the rewards necessary. But otherwise all rewards are banned.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »
I see. Makes sense to me. I'll keep that in mind should it ever become relevant in the future.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #639 on: June 26, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
hello again! just wondering, is it best to avoid playing my rdc file until the rules have been updated for seasons?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #640 on: June 26, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
hello again! just wondering, is it best to avoid playing my rdc file until the rules have been updated for seasons?

Probably. We're trying to figure out the rules for Seasons but haven't solidified them yet.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #641 on: June 26, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »
alright great, thank you for the reply!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #642 on: July 02, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »
New rules for Seasons:

Length of seasons is player's choice.
No more than 1 holiday per week, 8 scheduled holidays per year, pop-ups allowed.
Extreme weather is player's choice, but rain and snow must be allowed, and effects on Sims must be allowed.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #643 on: July 08, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
I've just started my own Rival Dynasties Challenge and I read the first post of instructions quite a few times. So, I'm pretty sure that I've been following the rules; however, I ran into a slight hiccup.

When my retail founder gave birth, she had twins (1 boy/1 girl). So, I've reread the first posts of instructions and unless I'm missing something, I only could find twins addressed in regards to rotational play. However, I'm still in the first week of playing w/o having switching households yet. Which twin is the heir?

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #644 on: July 08, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
I've just started my own Rival Dynasties Challenge and I read the first post of instructions quite a few times. So, I'm pretty sure that I've been following the rules; however, I ran into a slight hiccup.

When my retail founder gave birth, she had twins (1 boy/1 girl). So, I've reread the first posts of instructions and unless I'm missing something, I only could find twins addressed in regards to rotational play. However, I'm still in the first week of playing w/o having switching households yet. Which twin is the heir?

The heir is always the first-born. If the twins were born while you were playing a different household, then you assume the first born is the one who showed up in the bassinet that you placed in the house. If you didn't place a bassinet for your pregnant Sim, then you'll have to choose the heir yourself.