Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 76207 times)

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2018, 08:31:10 AM »
@callycat, don't start over, but do turn on your weather.

Oh that's great, thank you. I will do that now, I haven't played the file since I saw the mention of it just in case.
[they/them pronouns please]

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2018, 08:34:24 AM »
Two additions to the rules:

Blizzards and thunderstorms are player's choice, but you do need to turn on weather and have your Sims affected by it.

Regarding furniture, we can't specify which era every single piece belongs in. If you think something would work in a particular era, go ahead and use it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
@callycat:  I feel your pain!  P.U!  Those stinky Sims don't like to do anything when they are so smelly and so far I can't get their hygiene up to full even with rain and skinny dip.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
@callycat:  I feel your pain!  P.U!  Those stinky Sims don't like to do anything when they are so smelly and so far I can't get their hygiene up to full even with rain and skinny dip.

@Joria Yes, swimming in the pool helps fitness at least, but it takes much more attention and time to get them clean and ready to learn a skill. And no good for toddlers, of course. I had the stinkiest toddlers I've ever seen, and with the toilet bush the places must have been unbearable for the poor sims. Definitely makes you appreciate the minor luxuries when you get them back!

[they/them pronouns please]

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »
Once your Sims finish an aspiration, they're free to take a new aspiration.

Does this mean that once the first aspiration is complete that sims are able to change around remaining aspirations at will, or that sims always must complete one aspiration completely before changing to another at all?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
Hi, question for the No Tech Era: can we buy seed packs from the Build mode? I know we can't plant them but I was thinking that a potential strategy could involve buying the packets to make things like meals cost less and/or helping players get the gender baby they want.

Also, say a sim completes Cooking in the No Tech Era then is alive during the transition to Low Tech, could you count the completed Cooking skill now or does the skill have to be maxed during the specified Era to count? Thanks for the help.

Also, also, quick question about Singing in No Tech: how are we supposed to start training the skill? The guide says you need a shower or a karaoke machine.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 09:54:06 AM »
Good questions, all.

@GlazeyLady, you have to complete one aspiration before changing to another.

@dontmindme, who are you going to buy the seed packets from? You can harvest wild plants in your area. If you complete cooking in the No Tech era, it doesn't count. If you get cooking to 9 and complete it in the Low Tech era, it does. As for singing, if you click on your Sim, the option to practice singing should come up. You don't need a shower or a karaoke maching, but you do need the City Living expansion pack.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »
@MarianT I think we're able to purchase seed packets in Build/Buy, at least I've done it before, so that is why I was asking.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
@dontmindme, what I meant was that during the No Tech era, the outside world isn't organized enough to provide seed packets. Like I said, you can harvest wild plants or fish something up, but that's all.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
@MarianT Okay, so I'll add community planter seeds to the ignore list.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »
It has been a long time since I have played. However, this challenge is definitely going to get me playing again. If not for this community I would not play the Sims. I love the game but am a bigger fan of the challenges and dynasties in this site than even the game itself!!! I am sure I will be asking LOTS of questions. I am probably missing something, but how do I get my Sims in create a sim to only wear one outfit? Thank you for all of your help!!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »
Makenziegma:  Go into cas and choose the first daily outfit as the one.  Click on the tab for that outfit and add it five times.  All other outfits strip your sims down.  You still get "underwear" a couple of times but the five other outfits usually come up.

@MarianT:  My "cave" is two stories, one ground level, one basment level which is the actual live in cave.  When I click on a Sim to do something, or try to go into build mode, (constantly renovating), the game kicks one or more of my Sims upstairs, usually in the middle of the rocks where I can't see them, (did that with a toddler!).  I've repaired game and done the usual just wondering if enlarged rocks might be causing this or is it some sort of glitch?  Also, my starving Sims with a plate of food, untouched, opt to "roast" and I have to fight them to get them to eat.  Is this normal?  All I have to say about having twins is, don't!  If my own kids acted like this I'd have left home, or sent them to grandma for a day.  Only choice for me for gender adjustment was strawberries, (she'll eat those one at a time), so two girl hellions.  (Cute though).
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
how do I get my Sims in create a sim to only wear one outfit? Thank you for all of your help!!!
The way I do it is just make all of their outfits the same.   Everyday, formal, sleepwear, swim, party, cold weather, hot weather...make them all the same.  You might have to close some of the filters as you are choosing outfits.  For example, if your outfit is filtered out of "formal", just click the "x" on the formal tab along the top bar.  Or if your men need to wear skirts, just turn off the "feminine" filter at the top.  I hope that makes sense.  I don't have a picture of CAS to show you.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
Thank you!!! I didn't know the filters existed but it fixed the problem. One of the many reasons I love these challenges, always learn something new!!!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »
Makenziegma:  Go into cas and choose the first daily outfit as the one.  Click on the tab for that outfit and add it five times.  All other outfits strip your sims down.  You still get "underwear" a couple of times but the five other outfits usually come up.

@MarianT:  My "cave" is two stories, one ground level, one basment level which is the actual live in cave.  When I click on a Sim to do something, or try to go into build mode, (constantly renovating), the game kicks one or more of my Sims upstairs, usually in the middle of the rocks where I can't see them, (did that with a toddler!).  I've repaired game and done the usual just wondering if enlarged rocks might be causing this or is it some sort of glitch?  Also, my starving Sims with a plate of food, untouched, opt to "roast" and I have to fight them to get them to eat.  Is this normal?  All I have to say about having twins is, don't!  If my own kids acted like this I'd have left home, or sent them to grandma for a day.  Only choice for me for gender adjustment was strawberries, (she'll eat those one at a time), so two girl hellions.  (Cute though).

Thanks for answering the question about CAS. About the rocks, it could be that enlarging them causes glitches, or maybe using the MOO cheat. I don't know why your Sims wouldn't eat.