Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288353 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Photographs
« Reply #495 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
I think Coralie should write six stories - one for each generation that has had or is close to ambrosia.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Photographs
« Reply #496 on: March 17, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »
Wow, simply wow.
That update was so heart-touching, I really don't know what to say more. Just wow!

Just the wow means a lot :)

You capture her emotions with almost painful clarity. I daresay I teared up when you were describing Allegra being torn between her requirements and being with her husband, and the part where they would be tearing down the wedding chapel.

Mata is growing up well loved. She has no lack of support from her mother and all of the grandmas before her...but will lose her father all too soon.

Bittersweet...and very beautiful. You are a fantastic writer.

Thank you!  I haven't had the heart to remove the chapel yet, but it will need to go eventually.  Sigh.

That was sad, and brung back memories from earlier, much earlier, on in the story. I loved it!

Looking around the museum is probably my favorite part of playing this challenge.  I love all the little momentos of the past.

I teared up too. What a beautiful, pensive chapter. It sounds to me like Granny needs to put her storytelling skills to use and tell her own family its history!

I love the idea of Eden going around spreading love. Not in a Freddie way, in an Eden way. Speaking of Freddie! That picture of him when he was young--oh it reminded me of when he was young and vibrant and handsome. If ever a Sim was made for the trait Irresistible, he was.

There's no way I can say all of the things you put on my heart, but I really loved this chapter.

I miss Freddie a lot, man.  I wish I had more pictures of him, but that's the only one aside from Eden's photo booth pictures in her museum room and in her bedroom.  Plus, Eunice's has the place of honor.  Granny probably should take the time to educate the younger Classics.

Wow, what a hauntingly beautiful walk down memory lane! These ladies have spent eons with each other, and yet so much remains unspoken: little hidden heart memories. I agree with Rosa, Coralie needs to get them all talking and sharing their family history!

I imagine the older immortals forget that the younger ones weren't around for things.  It seems easy to imagine we were all there when Eden found Lancelot, but Eureka, Allegra, and Mata have no clue that the bird ever even existed.  I agree that they need to hear the stories.  Side note: really sad that there's no way to bring back a small pet at the end of the story.  Poor Lancelot and Romeo will have to stay dearly departed.

I think Coralie should write six stories - one for each generation that has had or is close to ambrosia.

She actually did have a masterpiece novel for each immortal up to Eden.  I suppose I should have her keep going!  I just got bored with sending her to write after a while, you know?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Dance of the Hours
« Reply #497 on: March 17, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »
The final days of Mata Hari's toddlerhood were what you'd call bittersweet.

I mean, look at her!  Sweet Watcher, I have a cute kid! 

Though of course bitter because she won't be travel-sized anymore.  She'll probably start having friends other than us Classics, and what then?  Jealousy.  That's what.

I got my act together and threw a party for her child birthday.  Orlando spent the entire week leading up to the thing decorating the empty tower room upstairs to surprise her with.  He did an amazing job, if you ask me. 

Once the guests had gathered, I started to walk toward the nursery to go retrieve my nooboo, and I heard Granny mutter, "I never get to do it."

So, I swallowed my maternal entitlement and said, "Hey, Granny, I am pooped from last night's show.  Would you mind taking Mata to the cake?"

It might be one of the only birthdays she ever smiled during!

And let's be honest, it's just as fun from the sidelines!  I love how they go all cross eyed when they age up, don't you?  Forum?  I know you're there.  Isn't my kid cute?

Anyway, stay silent all you want.  We cheered loud enough to have a noise complaint.

She sparkled brilliantly.  Prettiest sparkles I've ever seen.

And giggling like the darling angel she is, she became a cross-eyed child.  Orlando sighed a little sadly, "Aw, no more braid." 

He did love braiding her hair.

She was thrilled to have aged up in her favorite color.  We were all lobbying for cake while Mata was running upstairs to see her new room when something ... something just terrible happened.

The very worst part of it is that I'd run out to catch my carpool to work mere minutes before it happened.  My precious girl had to go it without me.  My darling Orlando never got to say goodbye.

I'd hear later that she ran back down the stairs, her little feet slapping at the floorboards in panicked haste just in time for him to turn and say goodbye to her.

His last words were, "be good, Bumblebee."  And then my husband was gone.

No one called me, but I knew.  I just knew.  I couldn't work another minute.

Meanwhile my daughter was considering herself in her new vanity mirror, hating that she was anything but what her Daddy remembered her as for even an instant. 

That's why, in the end, she went back to the braid Orlando used to lovingly fashion in her hair every morning.

She dressed herself in sunny yellow, bright as the leisure day festival I'd attended with her father the day she was born.

She even picked out a yellow bathing suit, in the middle of fall, just in case.

She prepared herself for exercise, toward her desired supermax.

And made sure she was ready for the cold as well.

Unfortunately, I got home too late to speak with her about what had happened.  I sat on the corner of her bed for a time, watching her sleep.  We'd both need a lot of time before we started to feel better.

Unfortunately, my stress kept me up all night so that I was hard asleep when morning came.  My mother, though, was there to talk to Mata before her first day of school.  Unfortunately so was an unwashed party guest who, for whatever reason, was refusing to go home.

I don't know exactly what transpired between them, but I do trust my mom to give good advice.  After all, it seems like very recently that we lost Dad.  But I guess it can't be.  I wasn't even pregnant then and today my baby is starting school.

Perhaps I should be concerned that Mata almost missed her bus because she was so concerned with feeding our deathfish after her talk with Mom.  Probably not, she's just a kid, but it seems like a bad thing to be preoccupied with, you know?

Anyway, I woke up too late to wave her off.  She was already on the bus, barreling down the street away from her toddlerhood toward the adult she'll one day become.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Dance of the Hours
« Reply #498 on: March 17, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
No, Orlando! Such bad timing!

Mata is a very pretty young lady--I love how her everyday dress is the Imaginary Friend dress!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #499 on: March 17, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
Well, at least he got to see her grow up to child  :'( *sniff, sniff*

I do love Mata Hari's clothes though. And her braid is sweet in its motivation. I had forgotten that Allegra could see us! Hi, Allegra! I'm sorry you lost your husband :(
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »
Oh no! I will miss Orlando :'( Can you please PM me the link for Mata's braid? (I'm pretty sure its CC, right?) To bad Orlando didn't get to see Mata Hari for a long time when she was a child :(

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #501 on: March 18, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
No, Orlando! Such bad timing!

Mata is a very pretty young lady--I love how her everyday dress is the Imaginary Friend dress!

It seemed to suit her!  Plus, it's fall, so the little wool hoodie dress seems comfy.

Well, at least he got to see her grow up to child  :'( *sniff, sniff*

I do love Mata Hari's clothes though. And her braid is sweet in its motivation. I had forgotten that Allegra could see us! Hi, Allegra! I'm sorry you lost your husband :(

I loved that.  It was almost like he hung on just until she was older and then he let go.  Not to get all personal and stuff, but my Dad died of cancer after a long coma on my 16th birthday.  it sorta felt like he waited around to see me through it and then he went.  It did remind me of that.  So, yeah, sad, but also really sweet.

Oh no! I will miss Orlando :'( Can you please PM me the link for Mata's braid? (I'm pretty sure its CC, right?) To bad Orlando didn't get to see Mata Hari for a long time when she was a child :(

Sent!  I'm now considering letting her have it her whole life. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Push Ups
« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2013, 11:09:44 PM »
My name is Mata Hari Classic and I'm an homage.

School is pretty fun.  It took me a while to stop crying all the time about Dad, but the family helps some.  The day it really stopped hurting was Spooky Day.  We all went to the festival because I had off of school.  Of course, when the day started, we were all feeling pretty bad.

It might look like my Grandma Rosetta doesn't feel sad, but she deals in her own way.

I don't understand her yet, but I'm sure I will when I get bigger.

Right now, I do the watch-and-learn.  The grown ups don't even see me there, outside the window, listening to them talk about things that aren't even fun!  Who cares about the secret ingredient in a pie!  Is that even REALLY what they're talking about?  And how come those party guests still haven't left?  it's been three days!

(Watcher's Note: I cannot ask them to leave.  The interaction is not there.  They will not go away.  I'll have to reset them next time I'm in the game.)

Surely there's more interesting stuff to talk about.  Like how Grandma Mona Lisa defaced the bathroom right after Dad left us.

Or maybe she "faced" it.  Ha!  I like Mona Lisa.  She's fun.  It was her idea to go to the festival, and then she was the judge and made the grannies bob apples!

I was the cheerleader.  And also a robber!

Granny says I "do incognito" very well!  It was really fun.  I put on different personalities like costumes and tried to trick the people at the festival.

This guy believed I was from a new family, just moved into town, and poor!  He gave me a free ice cream!  But Grandma Eureka chided me later for being dishonest when we can well afford ice cream.

Mom didn't want to let me go into the Spooky house, but I TOLD her I'm brave!  I became brave when I got big.  So she said o-kay, but didn't come with me.

It was awesome.  The Monsters were all like, "Mata Haaaaariiii, we're following you hooooome."

Well, bring it.  I'm not scared of no monsters.

We took a picture before we went back.  I put it on my new desk.  I looove my room that Dad built.  It's like I live inside his warm hug.  Even though he's gone.

We rode the motive mobile home, so we all felt good and ready to do more stuff that night.  So, Grandma Eden (she's my fave) took out some pumpkins from her garden and we made jack-o-lanterns.

I made a big, scary one like the monsters in the spook house.

Grandma Eden tried to make a ghost, but hers just came out super goofy.  Then Grandma Eureka thought it was funny and made a goofy one too.

Afterward, Mom said I had to do my homework while she went to the gym to throw potions at people.  She said, "I'm sure Rosetta will be happy to help you out."

But I said, 'No thanks, Grandma Eden always does homework with me."

And she said, "...if you're sure."

But yeah, I'm sure!  Grandma Eden is the smartest grandma.  And she likes me lots.

"So, if Susan has oranges for sale at $5 each or $20 for 5, and Billy has them for sale at $50 for 20, who should you buy oranges from?"

Eden says, "whose Oranges are juicer?  This question makes no sense."

Mom asked Grandma Mona Lisa to do my sculpture as soon as homework was done.

Then she was off to do whatever it is that she does when she's not playing the guitar.

I think people are extra forgiving on Spooky Day, because everyone acts kinda weird.  Granny had to have a talking-to with Duchess because she was tryin' to eat the deathfish.  Which would make her sick.

I told Mona Lisa I'd check for Monsters to keep her safe before we started my sculpture.

I didn't tell her I actually saw one.  It's okay.  I'm sure I can reason with it later.  Everything is reasonable once you win it over, right?  And I'm the winningest of girls.

She probably wouldn't believe me anyway.  I asked if I could do my sculpture in my robber costume and she said okay.  I liked it.  I think I look pretty good in the cognito.

I asked Mona Lisa if I could stay to watch the sculpture.  I wasn't tired anymore because of the motive mobile, swear.  She said okay.  Really I just wanted to protect her from the Monster until I figure out how to reason with it. 

Unfortunately, I fell asleep anyway.  Being a Classic kid is hard work!

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Push Ups
« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:35 AM »
Good update! Mata Hari is shaping up to be a really fun character.

And if the oranges are exactly the same, aside from price, the answer is Billy.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »
I love the picture of your little burglar curled up on the bed. As for the oranges, sure, Billy has the better price, but what if you don't want that many?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
As for the oranges, sure, Billy has the better price, but what if you don't want that many?
I Dunno. Give them to my youngest brother who can go through them pretty quick? Heck, I don't even like oranges that much. (Now, if the question was, "If Gwendy went to the butcher's . . .") And if you're charging $5 for a single orange, it better be the biggest, best tasting orange the world has ever seen.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Revenge

• Nooboo
« Reply #506 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »
I found this yesterday and read pretty much all the time. You are an amazing writer. Your characters come alive. Mata Hari is adorable, as are all of your immortals.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
I wouldn't buy either anyway, I don't even like oranges  ::)

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2013, 04:18:41 PM »
I wouldn't buy either anyway, I don't even like oranges  ::)

Lol Me either Ella haha... I truly do enjoy reading about the Classics!!! such a great writer and the characters all have their own voice i love it  :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »
I love Mata Hari! She is already shaping up to follow her namesake pretty well. The little clues you drop, about her being "in cognito" etc are really fun.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04