Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291216 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Man on the Flying Trapeze
« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »

Oh yay! After I read about Mata Hari and thought it over last night, I was going to come here and guess Super Spy and Athletics. I'm also kinda hoping for maybe a heartbreaker LTW; I think that might be kinda fitting. Plus I've always thought that sounded kinda fun to see in a dynasty--and she is the "un-marriagable" generation who still needs a baby. Anyway, young Mata Classic certainly has my curiosity aroused. I can't wait to read about her story!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Flight of the Bumblebee
« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »
Mata Hari was born on Leisure Day a sunny little bundle of happiness who loves the color yellow.  It couldn't have been more perfect if we'd planned it that way.  Getting used to raising a baby, however, was a learning process.

Well, for me, anyway.  Orlando was a natural!

Honestly, if I hadn't already been in love with the guy, watching him gently cradle his infant daughter and fawn over her would've done it for me.  As it is, I've got about four weeks of Woohoo penciled in for when she's finally old enough to give us some peace.

Obviously, at the burrito stage, you can't tell which parent (if either, in this family) the nooboo will look like, but Orlando is absolutely insistent that she is going to be a clone of him.  Honestly, after the hotdog incident, I no longer take wagers against my husband.

You couldn't ask for a better father to a baby girl.  And while I know from our late night talks that Orlando is trying to maximize his time with Mata Hari before it's too late (he's already over 70), I can't imagine he'd have been any different if she were born while he was still a young adult.

As it is, it's very possible Mata never had time to log any other human into her grasp of reality during her infancy. 

And before you could blink, the infancy itself was over!

Orlando was right.  She has my eye color and Daddy's hair color, but other than that, this little girl is 100% Orlando Classic.

We dressed her in yellow, her favorite color, but we haven't designed a bedroom for her yet.  Though we can easily afford it, Orlando wants to keep her close while she's still little, so she sleeps in our room.

Honestly, I quite like having her close too.  Hearing her little baby girl snores lulls me to sleep like nothing else in this world.

That is, until she wakes up hungry.

She screams and carries on like that until both parents are awake, then she realizes she's made a ruckus and gives us the most repentant pout you've ever seen.  And how can you be annoyed after that?

I certainly can't.

Life is hectic right now.  There's so much going on.  Orlando has single handedly taken over Mata's skill learning while I continue to work on my Supermax (I'm very close, by the way!)

The other immortals continue on doing their thing, occasionally allowing themselves to excitedly chatter about what is possible after we're done ... after Mata's daughter becomes an elder.  Can you imagine that far into the future?  I can't.

I'd rather just stay here and now forever.  I mean look at her.  Wouldn't you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »
Awwww . . . she may not have the Classic features, but she sure is cute! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's older.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #483 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Mata's super-cute! I love how she still has Ophelia's eye color, and as for her unique features, nothing wrong with those either.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
Oh, what an adorable girl! It's so endearing to see Orlando taking care of his little girl like that. You capture the fleeting nature of the non-immortals' lives very well, I must say.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »

Awwwwww, hahaha! That pout after she wakes everyone up crying for food is just too darn cute! "I'm sorry, papa, but I'm just so hungry! I couldn't helps it!"

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
just spent the whole evening getting to know the Classics... love it cant wait til the next installment!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2013, 01:12:09 AM »
She really is cute! And if you ever find yourself despairing of her looks, remember this: Mata Hari herself was not Classically beautiful. She made herself alluring by her actions and confidence, not her face.

Side question: is that new University hair?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: March 17, 2013, 11:11:05 AM »
Awwww . . . she may not have the Classic features, but she sure is cute! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's older.

She is a pretty darn cute toddler.  I imagine those eyes will look stranger as she ages, but as of right now I'm pretty frequently in "awwwww!" mode.

Mata's super-cute! I love how she still has Ophelia's eye color, and as for her unique features, nothing wrong with those either.

I love that Ophelia's genes turned out to be so strong.  In her own way, she's immortal too :)

Oh, what an adorable girl! It's so endearing to see Orlando taking care of his little girl like that. You capture the fleeting nature of the non-immortals' lives very well, I must say.

He is SUCH an attentive parent.  He pops wishes about Mata so frequently that there's never room for anything else.

Awwwwww, hahaha! That pout after she wakes everyone up crying for food is just too darn cute! "I'm sorry, papa, but I'm just so hungry! I couldn't helps it!"

It is easily one of my favorite screenshots ever.  I'm a big fan of the fast-forward key and I'm really glad I wasn't using it when that happened, because that still just melts my little heart.

just spent the whole evening getting to know the Classics... love it cant wait til the next installment!!

I'm always thrilled to have another reader!

She really is cute! And if you ever find yourself despairing of her looks, remember this: Mata Hari herself was not Classically beautiful. She made herself alluring by her actions and confidence, not her face.

Side question: is that new University hair?

I love this comment.  You are absolutely right.  If nothing else, it enhances her character.  The hair is cc.  If you like it, I'm happy to PM you a link.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Photographs
« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
I've been spending a lot of time in the museum rooms since Humbug died.

I may be new to this whole immortality thing, but one thing is certain - we all go through the same stages of eternal old age.  My tenure, mercifully, will be shorter than those before me, but there's still a lot of insight to be had from reviewing what went before.  The stuff I wasn't around for.

Life goes on above stairs.  Little Mata Hari is a beacon of brilliance.  She actually taught herself to walk!  Can you imagine such a thing? 

I quite like that.  It goes against convention and almost sticks it to her parents, who wanted to teach her to walk the way they saw fit.  But not our Mata, she's going to teach herself.  She's a very independent little girl.  Often softly speaking to her teddy bear, Pinkerton, about secret things.

Of course, she's friendly when the family wants to spend time with her.  For some odd reason, the daycare has ceased to have business since she was born.  Granny is distraught and hovering between retiring or quitting and starting again to bring more toddlers in.  Either way, there are no lack of playmates for Mata Hari in her toddlerhood.

Immortality is a lonely thing.  You think of all those you've loved and lost and can't have back.  We all spend more time in silent, independent introspection than I was ever aware of in my mortal days.

And we find ways to entertain ourselves to make up for it.  Eden, for her part, has caused a romantic epidemic in Monte Vista with wayward love spells.

I wonder if anyone remembers her childhood.  I wonder what the house was like in those days.  I wonder if that little rainbow bird in the photo had a name.

I feel like that about everyone, really.  And one day, Allegra will too.  If she's able to supermax without being attacked every five minutes by lovesick spell victims.

My sweet daughter will experience loss ahead of the rest of us, and she knows it.  She recently had her adult birthday.  Being a little party animal, I'm surprised she let it sneak up on her, but the poor thing has a lot on her plate these days.

She knows her husband is at the end of his life, and it's hard to choose between her requirements and spending as much time with the man as possible.

No one is more aware of it than he is. 

And again, I think of loss.  My dad died when I was a teen.  Mata's might die before she's even a child.

We all wonder what her life will be like.  We know it's time to tear down the wedding chapel, but it's such a painful thing to do.  So final.  So bleak.

In a way, it's the same reason we keep such a record of other things that have gone from us.  Things many don't remember. 

I wonder who invented the photograph.  It's something I should know, isn't it?  I know who invented the montage, I know who invented the camera obscura, but actual carbon plate photographs?  That one I've never looked into.  Granny might know.

But, like I said, we're all waist-deep in our distractions from the overbearing stretch of forever.

I wonder if it's easiest for her or worst.  I wonder how well she even remembers her days of mortality.  Most of all, I wonder what she was like when she was young.  I can't even imagine her being anything but a Granny, blinked into existence with gray hair and infinite wisdom.

My actual grandmother, however, doesn't seem nearly as old to me.  Sure, she looks like a grandma, but she is always so entrenched in advancing herself, even at hundreds of years of age.

What must she have been like without a single maxed skill.  Just a helpless child playing chess with her grandpa.  A toddler begging for baths.  A teenager worried through the school day that someone left the stove on.

And before that?  Who even painted the portraits and sculpted the sculptures before Mona Lisa took over?  I realize I don't actually know.  I realized recently that I'd never even been in her room.  She was astoundingly beautiful, wasn't she?

We're meant to make pictures in our minds, right?  That must've been the fundamental concept behind the creation of a camera.  We look in mirrors and wish we could capture it, right?  Everyone is fascinated with their own reflection, even babies.

Even people who won't die are inclined by nature to leave a legacy.

And one day, when Mata asks the questions that we've all wondered, I want to be able to answer them.  I want Allegra to be able to answer them.  Her childhood is just a breath away, and she's already whispering thoughts and concerns in her sweet baby voice into her mother's ear. 

It's time to build her room.  It's time to record another life.  It's funny that all of this is only just hitting me now, after I should already be dead and gone, don't you think?

Offline maisie

• Occult
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Photographs
« Reply #490 on: March 17, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »
Wow, simply wow.
That update was so heart-touching, I really don't know what to say more. Just wow!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »
You capture her emotions with almost painful clarity. I daresay I teared up when you were describing Allegra being torn between her requirements and being with her husband, and the part where they would be tearing down the wedding chapel.

Mata is growing up well loved. She has no lack of support from her mother and all of the grandmas before her...but will lose her father all too soon.

Bittersweet...and very beautiful. You are a fantastic writer.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #492 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
That was sad, and brung back memories from earlier, much earlier, on in the story. I loved it!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #493 on: March 17, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »
I teared up too. What a beautiful, pensive chapter. It sounds to me like Granny needs to put her storytelling skills to use and tell her own family its history!

I love the idea of Eden going around spreading love. Not in a Freddie way, in an Eden way. Speaking of Freddie! That picture of him when he was young--oh it reminded me of when he was young and vibrant and handsome. If ever a Sim was made for the trait Irresistible, he was.

There's no way I can say all of the things you put on my heart, but I really loved this chapter.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #494 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »

Wow, what a hauntingly beautiful walk down memory lane! These ladies have spent eons with each other, and yet so much remains unspoken: little hidden heart memories. I agree with Rosa, Coralie needs to get them all talking and sharing their family history!