Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 292483 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Push Ups
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2013, 06:23:40 PM »

"In the cognito!" Haha, I love it! I love her! She's adorable and spunky and, yes, the winningest of all girls! I'm looking forward to little Mata all grown up.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
The word "sprightly" comes to mind when analyzing Mata Hari's writing style.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
Good update! Mata Hari is shaping up to be a really fun character.

And if the oranges are exactly the same, aside from price, the answer is Billy.

I love the picture of your little burglar curled up on the bed. As for the oranges, sure, Billy has the better price, but what if you don't want that many?

I Dunno. Give them to my youngest brother who can go through them pretty quick? Heck, I don't even like oranges that much. (Now, if the question was, "If Gwendy went to the butcher's . . .") And if you're charging $5 for a single orange, it better be the biggest, best tasting orange the world has ever seen.

Man, you guys really applied yourselves to Mata's homework.  Now I wish I'd created a more challenging problem :p

I found this yesterday and read pretty much all the time. You are an amazing writer. Your characters come alive. Mata Hari is adorable, as are all of your immortals.

Thank you so much!  I love knowing I have another reader :)  You got through it really fast!

I wouldn't buy either anyway, I don't even like oranges  ::)

Eden would likely accept this answer.

Lol Me either Ella haha... I truly do enjoy reading about the Classics!!! such a great writer and the characters all have their own voice i love it  :)

Aw, thank you so much!  Each of the ladies is definitely an individual person in my mind.

I love Mata Hari! She is already shaping up to follow her namesake pretty well. The little clues you drop, about her being "in cognito" etc are really fun.

Thanks!  She keeps rolling wishes to be an acrobat.  If I had more performing venues set up in Monte Vista, I'd consider it, but alas.

"In the cognito!" Haha, I love it! I love her! She's adorable and spunky and, yes, the winningest of all girls! I'm looking forward to little Mata all grown up.

I'm having fun with her.  I'm hoping I can get her to super spy while she's still youngish so I can enjoy all her pre-work costume changes.

The word "sprightly" comes to mind when analyzing Mata Hari's writing style.

That's a great word for her!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
If you take a screenshot of Mata working on her teen homework with Eden, you can come up with a more challenging problem.  ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Water Lilies
« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
I hear a lot that goes on in the house when I'm engaged in my work.  I always have one ear dedicated to the voices and goings on in the house while I'm at the canvas or the sculpting station.  I don't want to miss any of it.

"Bobby and Susan are throwing a bonfire party for seventeen people.  They have eighteen pieces of kindling and twenty pieces of charcoal.  Using the figures on page 23, who should they call first if ..." Mata Hari trailed off, flipping back to check her reference.

"The police," Eden said, firmly.  "Why are these children playing with fire?  Where are their parents?"

These little tidbits always pay off hilariously later.

"Seriously, should we call someone?"

"No, Ma, calm down."

This will culminate later in ways I'd never seen coming.

"So, I told Eden to contact the school board about a fire safety course, and now we're paying for a full accident avoidance program.  I've no idea what got into her..."

The best part is that I know Mata made that question up.  I checked her homework later.

She can be a bit of a troublemaker at times, but never in any real, harmful way.  Rosetta caught her trying to whoopie cushion the desk chair in Eureka's room recently.  Though Mata was able to beg herself out of any punishment.

Rosetta says to me sometimes that she thinks it's dangerous to have that much charisma in such a little package.

She does manage to talk her way into information a child has no business knowing.  Somehow when she asks, it seems harmless.

Then suddenly you realize you've just read her a book about a man who died four times and had two alien babies, AND let her know she's his direct descendant.

Unlike her mother, Mata Hari is perfectly content on her own.  She loves working out until she's fatigued within an inch of her life.

I am just charmed by this kid.  She tolerates us grannies pretty well. 

"You're so cute," I said recently.  "Don't prank Eureka, though.  She will dye your hair pink before you even know what hit you, you adorable little deviant."

I think the pink hair bit freaked her out a little, so she did chores on her own for a few days as not to obtain Eureka's wrath.

She also started working out in her room so we'd stop cooing over how adorable she is.

Honestly, she and her mother are quite a lot alike, though Mata will likely never be the beauty Allegra is.  She more than has the charm to make up for it.  It makes me miss when my Rosetta was just a kid with big, round glasses.

When I took the paintings down to the museum to place them for Allegra and Mata, I had the shock of my life.  Sometime between her toddler years and now.  All of my work.  My lifetimes of work.  It all appears to be gone.

I panicked.  Eden contacted the Watcher who contacted whoever she answers to, and because the frames and sculpture stumps have retained their names and worth, we haven't failed, but I can't really express the amount of heartache I've experienced at the loss of those memories.

Allegra says not to worry.  Her art disappears into air and her supermax is all about consumption and throwing potions.

She doesn't really understand my attachment, I think.  But, she is on track, and has accomplished her supermax and her LTW of being super popular, so she's doing her part while I do mine.  As a band manager, she has great access to the theater now and gave Mata Hari a grand tour.

Mata enjoyed it so much that Allegra is considering taking her entire class on the tour once Mata starts high school.

They're loving playing in the snow together.  All the snow angels dotting the lawn remind me of when Eden was little.

And the snowmen remind me of Rosetta's childhood.

The igloos, however, are new.  I love watching the light bounce off of the inside while Mata Hari plays pretend within.

On the morning of her birthday, we gathered in the kitchen and I felt keenly aware that we were losing one of the last children the house would ever see.  I'd miss her so small and rambunctious.  I just hoped she dealt with teendom better than Eureka or I had.

"I wish ... hmmm," she said.  "I wish to be irresistible!"

Now, if you ask me, that was a wasted wish.  The child already is.  But you can't help but cheer for her.

"You're going to have The Hair!" I shouted, which got laughs from the others.

She didn't though.  She had the style Eden had worn as a teen.  There she was, tall and grown up.  One step closer to adulthood.

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Water Lilies
« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2013, 09:06:36 PM »
Oh no!  I hope your paintings and sculptures turn out okay!

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »
I wanna see her after her makeover :( Loved the update! You should give a new homework question every update, LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
Oh no -- all your beautiful paintings! I'm glad you can still get credit, but you put so much work into them.

I like the way Mata looks. She reminds me of Cheyenne Fox from Appaloosa Plains.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »
No, the paintings! At least that didn't make you fail!

Mata looks like she is going to be very pretty, and congratulations to Allegra on supermaxing alchemy!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »
Oh, I hope the paintings and sculptures come back! Mine have vanished a few times but they've come back.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Revenge

• Nooboo
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear about your paintings.  :'( Mata makes a beautiful teen, though!  ;D

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:05 AM »
Nothing new to say about the paintings or sculptures, but I do want to say that Mata can never be ugly. It contradicts everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, to have an unattractive Classic. When my favorite Sim ever was a child, I thought she was disfigured. Attachment will always override sensory information... Even if it shouldn't. Besides, it's what's on the inside, right?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2013, 02:04:16 AM »
Nice to hear from Mona Lisa! When I saw Water Lilies I though Eden, but then that makes sense. I'm so sad to see the paintings and photos are gone. That happens to me when I save and place a house. Hopefully with restarting and deleting caches they'll come back. From what little we've seen, Mata Hari looks good! I too look forward to seeing her makeover. I like the character she's developing. Every Classic immortal is so different from the others, while yet retaining a sense of cohesion as a unit. I can't remember if I've already said this, but they also definitely seem to be getting more modern as they go along. That only makes sense, since time is progressing.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »
I love it when Eden tries to help with homework. The whole thing with the hypothetical fire was absolutely brilliant!  ;D

And Mata Hari is absolutely adorable in every way. I really don't think we have anything to worry about.  ;)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #524 on: March 21, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
Oh no!  I hope your paintings and sculptures turn out okay!

Oh no -- all your beautiful paintings! I'm glad you can still get credit, but you put so much work into them.

I like the way Mata looks. She reminds me of Cheyenne Fox from Appaloosa Plains.

I know :(  I'm pretty broken up about it (though relieved I don't have to quit or go back to my earlier save - which is Allegra's wedding day).  I looked up Cheyenne and they could definitely be related!

I wanna see her after her makeover :( Loved the update! You should give a new homework question every update, LOL

Coming right up.  Haha, I'm not sure I could come up with a lateral thinking response on Eden's part often enough to include it every update!  I love the idea of someone preferring Eden's outlook to the intellectual one, though.

No, the paintings! At least that didn't make you fail!

Mata looks like she is going to be very pretty, and congratulations to Allegra on supermaxing alchemy!

Wow, sorry to hear about your paintings.  :'( Mata makes a beautiful teen, though!  ;D

Oh, I hope the paintings and sculptures come back! Mine have vanished a few times but they've come back.

Thanks guys.  I'm hoping mine will just reappear, magically.  If nothing else, at least I have a lot of screenshots of the museum.  And I guess my "clip show" post with Eureka reflecting on the old photos and stuff was well timed.

Nothing new to say about the paintings or sculptures, but I do want to say that Mata can never be ugly. It contradicts everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, to have an unattractive Classic. When my favorite Sim ever was a child, I thought she was disfigured. Attachment will always override sensory information... Even if it shouldn't. Besides, it's what's on the inside, right?

Aw, I'd never call her ugly (even if she was!).  I have come around to how she looks, though.  Nothing a bit of winged eyeliner can't remedy.

I love it when Eden tries to help with homework. The whole thing with the hypothetical fire was absolutely brilliant!  ;D

And Mata Hari is absolutely adorable in every way. I really don't think we have anything to worry about.  ;)

Thanks!  I loved how well those screenshots worked together.