Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288228 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Great Expectations
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2013, 09:15:02 PM »
Hello, again.  It's me, Coralie.  Oh, don't be so disappointed, I'm sure Rosetta will be back with lots to say very soon.  As of right now, she's distracted between her baby girl and her logic building.  She's doing very well indeed.

I thought perhaps I'd weigh in on how things are going, and what it's like to be immortal.  There was a night, not so long ago, when I was outside playing fetch with Sherlock and happened to glance in the nursery window.  There I saw my legacy, three daughters working together toward restoring Classical sensibilities to the world. 

Well, if I ever doubted the Watcher's reasons for bringing me back from the bin, that was the moment that all doubt fled.  We've had our share of heartache and loss, but when it comes down to it, what I saw through that window makes it all worth it, now, doesn't it? 

Rosetta is a nurturing sim, which will do well for her in the teaching career, but I admit I monopolize little Eden as often as I can.

She's a sweet baby, and never puts up much of a fuss at all, even when she's starving or bone tired.  Now that she can talk, we have much fun together.

Her real favorite, however, is easily her Daddy. 

If I'm honest, young Hiram and I have a bit of an unspoken war for Eden's affections.

But then, I'm old and lonely, and nothing will ever really live up to the bond you have with a parent.

I think it is a right as an old lady, much older than most, and as a great grandmother to moon over a nooboo when one is within grasp.  To watch her perfect eyelashes flutter to sleep and arrange her teddy bear just so, in case she wants to snuggle it in the night.

Some lessons are meant for the sturdier, more youthful among us.  Hiram is great with rough housing and walking lessons.

"C'mon, Bug!" he says.  "You can do it!"

At this point, it's nearly 6pm, so I'm doing what anyone my age would be doing.

"Daddy, I did it!"

"You did, Bug!  Look how high you fly when you walk to Daddy!"

"Yay!"

When I can't get to Eden, of course, I can always play with my other baby.  Hiram says Sherlock's behavior toward me is special and that he's likely marked me as his official owner.  Hiram said "BFF," but it doesn't sound natural coming from me.

I've considered cloning him when he becomes an elder.  Yes, I realize that sounds beyond insane, but it's hard to keep losing those you love.  My Mona Lisa, unfortunately, had to lose the love of her life before she'd even finished her immortal requirements and could spend real quality time with him.  Luckily, her true soulmate is still around for a while.

My daughters.  Sweet Ophelia, still too shy to call me Mother unless she forgets herself.  My heart will ache like it did when I lost Carlotta when she goes.  It is a comfort, you know, to see Carlotta's beautiful deep blue eyes staring back at me when I speak to my granddaughter.  It is a shame that Rosetta never knew our Carlotta.

Oh, but listen to me, prattling on!  I had a purpose here.  Firstly, I'll show you the first additions to Eden's museum room.  I love Mona Lisa's portrait.  I think it captures our Eden splendidly.

Now!  There was something I wanted to share.  I wanted to talk about the unsung hero of our plight so far.  This man:

Emmett has not been kindly used by the Classic family.  Jilted, brainwashed, forced to retire, and at least one false death, and yet he retains a sunny outlook and a sense of real affection toward all of us.  I'm sure you remember this happening several weeks ago:

Now, I'm old.  I've heard many rumors in my day, but the fact that our household was full and Emmett is an elder made me sure that he was safe in that shuttle.  That was until I saw him waddling past me several days later.

The poor man was oblivious.  He said something about needing to hit the treadmill.  He'd just built a dollhouse for Eden and seemed sure he was just adapting a pot belly in his old age.

He was wrong.

We never did get her name.  She vanished through a vortex in the floor almost the instant she was born.  Emmett put on a brave face, but I could tell the loss pained him.

It was barely two hours later that this happened.  Again.

Grim appeared in a puff of smoke, and for the first time in my many encounters with him, he sighed.  He was annoyed!

"Are we doing this again, Emmett Classic?" he bellowed, in his gravelly voice.  "I have actual reapings to get to.  Stop eating the jelly beans, you ridiculous man!"

Then, Emmett was restored.  He shuffled sheepishly back into the house and fell asleep in a rocking chair.  Hiram, knowing how much his wife wanted to really meet Grim, officially, kept him around the only way he knew how.  (Watcher's Note: Hiram did this autonomously)

Let it never be said that my grandaughter's husband is afraid to flirt with anyone.  Anyone at all.  He did manage to confound Grim for long enough that Rosetta made it outside.

"Oh hello!"  She said.  "You were at my wedding.  I desperately wanted to meet you!  I made a snowman of you once!"

It's an unusual life we're leading, but every new daughter has made this family all the richer.  I cannot wait to see what Eden contributes to the world.  For now, I must go write a novel about the Grim Reaper and a man who kept dying.  I think Emmett will have a long elderhood, despite himself.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Great Expectations
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2013, 09:28:50 PM »
It's nice to read things from Coralie's eyes again. I love her sense of perspective.

Emmett is truly to be thanked. He single-handedly saved the dynasty after Goopy's untimely demise! But wow, stop eating those jelly beans!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
Oh, Emmett . . . stop making poor Grim work overtime! He's trying to take a nap between reaping souls and suddenly: Emmet of the Classic household ingested Jellybean. You won't be able to kill him, but you have to show up anyway! The nerve of some people . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
Emmett has sure led an interesting life with the Classic family... dead of the jellybeans twice, *and* an alien baby? Although what does it say about him that he kept eating the jellybeans after the first death?

Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

Poor Emmett, he's like a bug drawn to a light with those jelly beans!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:34 PM »
I tend to forget about everyone but Eden fairly often, and then when I check in on everyone, without fail Emmett is like glowing yellow with a bunch of weird moodlets, and halfway to eating another jelly bean.  He has a problem.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
It's nice to read things from Coralie's eyes again. I love her sense of perspective.

Emmett is truly to be thanked. He single-handedly saved the dynasty after Goopy's untimely demise! But wow, stop eating those jelly beans!

I'm really glad you liked hearing from Coralie again.  I wondered if bringing her back this late in the game was a good idea or not, but the chapter seemed to make the most sense from her perspective.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
Sorry I'm late. First of all, congratulations on your SECOND IMMORTAL!
You can store ambrosia in treasure chest. The meals remain perfect throughout. Cooking that many is great for a cooking supermax. Or, you can multiply the dish in a food replicator and shift the meals over to a chest. ;)
Eden is an absolute cutie and a very nice mix of her grandparent's genes.
Wow! Emmet is a hero! He also has been through a lot. Being 'unlucky' is actually being lucky in a funny way. At this rate, he'll be around for a long time (unless he opts for a change of traits).
Great updates, Tilia!  :D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Laws of Planetary Motion
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »
Does every mother wish she could freeze time?  To keep their daughters and sons as tiny as possible to cuddle and love on forever and ever?  Perhaps not.  This mother certainly does.

It's true that I was given time off of work after having Eden, but with two grandmothers, a doting father, and even an adoptive great aunt and uncle, all desperate to spend time with the little Bug, I feel like I've barely seen her at all.

I've been skilling in this time off of work.  Not because I'd rather skill than cuddle my baby, but because I must if she's ever to become immortal.  The most frustrating thing was managing to play a ranked chess match against Giovanna Costa, who works night and day at the consignment shop. 

The ultimate solution to this problem was to purchase the consignment shop as my property, upgrade it complete with a chess table, and play her there.

Perhaps it's selfish, but part of me wishes she never had to grow up.  Eden, I mean.  She could revel in the joys and infinite possibilities of childhood forever and ever.

No matter what, I always make sure I'm the first person she sees in the morning.  I give her a bath (baths are very important), a nice powder and change, and her bottle before I begin my day.

She is surprisingly self sufficient, and if she needs something, she just calls one of us on the monitor.

It's actually quite funny to watch Hiram and my grandmother race each other to the nursery.

I was disappointed to learn that my first day at work would fall on Eden's birthday.  I made everyone swear to wait for me before she blew out her candles.  The night prior, I was searching for a birthday star to name after my little girl, and instead spotted a meteorite, plummeting to earth.  I immediately jumped in the car and raced to where I'd seen it land.

Meanwhile, Emmett had cashed in some lifetime rewards and gotten his hands on a genie lamp!  She's ... not how I pictured a genie at all.

Emmett reportedly shook her hand and asked her if he could wish away the alien abductions.

"I've never done that one," she admitted, in a weird, squeaky little girl voice.  "Either way, it's too late to stop the one tonight."

"What do you mean the one to--"

Poor Emmett.  Maybe he got to meet his daughter this time.  She doesn't show up in his family tree, unfortunately.

The next day, I was so rushed and worried on my way to work, that I didn't even manage to braid my hair.  Strange, it looks much longer and more lustrous against my work clothes than it does when I"m in bed.  I made sure to set it to a braid at the mirror the next day.

Meanwhile, it was a special day for Ophelia.  She'd reached Level 10 of her career, gotten us a swanky new fridge, and was ready to retire.  To celebrate, the old folks and Eden headed out to Mom's property - Venice Park.  Gran suited up Eden in adorable warm clothes and walked her out after everyone had already left. 

Small victories over Hiram, I suppose.

Anyway, giant congratulations to Ophelia Classic, for being a world famous chef, an essential cog in an immortal dynasty, and an all around great lady.

Emmett took this opportunity to try and join the polar bear club.  (He failed.  Just got a chattery teeth moodlet.)

It is seriously a wonder he didn't freeze to death and have to inconvenience Grim again.  Gran played with Eden all afternoon.

They got home around dusk.  I had agreed to chaperone a dance, so Gran put Eden in her crib for a nap before cake time.  She said it broke her heart a little to know it was the last time.

Once she was up, Hiram and Emmett set up the new bed and desk for her.

She seemed nervous about the cake itself.  "Fire, Mommy?"

"Oh, it's okay Bug, you're going to put the fire out with your breath."  And we practiced on my finger a few times until she was ready.

The sparkles coming for my little girl were bittersweet.

She aged up in awful clothes and a big hat.  She hid her face behind the hat until she was allowed to go to the mirror.

She aged up an animal lover, which fits.  She's obsessed with Snow White.  Well, all the fairy tales really, but Snow White's birds and fawns and general animal posse is something she admires. 

Her clothes fit her fairy tale love as well, so I'm meant to show you several of them.  She insists.  Firstly, though, I want to show you how lovely she is with her hair brushed into that awesome cloth headband, made from Gran's old hair flower.

Her everyday clothes are indeed fit for a princess.

As is her formal wear.

I forgot to get a photo of her nightgown (I know, bad mother), but it's very fanciful and fairy-esque.  As I myself had a deep love of the fae at her age, I can appreciate that. 

Her outerwear was a bit of a struggle, as she's not allowed to wear a skirt in it.  We settled on this very flowery jacket

I must sign off now, though there's much more to say about Eden.  I'm tucking her in before her very first day of elementary school (she insists we not ride together.  I don't see why not). 

Then, I simply must go talk to Emmett.  He seems to be putting on a little weight.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Laws of Planetary Motion
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Love that headband on her!

Oh poor, Emmet! He's got it done to him again. The genie idea was a total bust I see.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »
Ah poor Emmett. I've never seen a Sim exemplify the Unlucky trait quite like he does.

Eden is lovely! I like her fairy tale feel. I appreciate how they all have different personalities, and they feel very real to life.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2013, 05:43:57 PM »
Poor Emmett, not again! He truly is unlucky. :/ Eden aged up into a lovely child!

It's nice how you pay homage to the dynasty helpers. You humanize them, make them more than just cogs in a wheel. I like that a lot.

Louise56

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2013, 05:02:10 AM »
Eden is lovely, I love all her clothes. Poor Emmett lol.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2013, 10:39:11 PM »
Love that headband in her!

Oh poor, Emmet! He's got it done to him again. The genie idea was a total bust I see.

Oh yeah, worst Genie ever.  She has the slob and inappropriate traits.  She's awful if I don't remember to put her back in the lamp.

Ah poor Emmett. I've never seen a Sim exemplify the Unlucky trait quite like he does.

Eden is lovely! I like her fairy tale feel. I appreciate how they all have different personalities, and they feel very real to life.

Emmett is the most exceptionally unlucky Sim I've ever encountered.  I am tempted to give him hobbies, but I feel like they'll all (not) kill him.

Poor Emmett, not again! He truly is unlucky. :/ Eden aged up into a lovely child!

It's nice how you pay homage to the dynasty helpers. You humanize them, make them more than just cogs in a wheel. I like that a lot.

Thanks!  I want to make sure everyone in the household is happy, even if they are tied to a sculpting table or the stove.  Otherwise I get god-guilt.

Eden is lovely, I love all her clothes. Poor Emmett lol.

Thanks!  I tried a bunch of different combinations on her every day dress.  If I could recolor that red flower, it'd look really different, but i'm super happy with how it turned out.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Enchanted Maiden
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2013, 11:06:06 PM »
Once Upon a Time, a missing princess was lost in a blizzard.  Even when she laid her head down to rest, she made the imprint of an angel, and passersby strange and normal would wonder if she was all right.

But the princess was okay!  She couldn't freeze.  The world protected princesses like her.  Still, she would dream of her warm, soft bed at home.

She was a pretty princess and the people all loved her.

She would use her royal magic to protect everyone in the kingdom forever and ever.

And at night, she would dream and dream of her future as queen.  Sometimes she would dream about the future of the kingdom.  The castles she'd build and the families she'd raise to fortune and fame.

Other times, she'd dream of one day being saved by her white prince.  A tall, handsome prince in gleaming white armor and gold shoulder tassels, sweeping in to become her one true love.

In the privacy of her castle, she would practice her speeches to the people.

Even without the crowds before her, she could feel their cheering love.  She was the best princess they'd ever had.

She hardly had time to be a little girl, because she was so busy taking care of her people.  Some days she had to pose for royal sculptures and portraits.

Even when she played, she pictured them and how she could make life good for them.

Her mother, the queen, spent much time with the little princess, making her smart and capable.

She had to learn at home, in the walls of the palace, because the city was covered in snow.

The Princess had a beloved uncle, a Duke, who was under the wrath of an evil green witch.  She would come and steal him away against his will on dark nights, while the princess slept.

Then one day, this green witch took the princess by mistake, and that is how she ended up so lost.  She suspected the witchy woman was trying to get revenge on her father, the king.

Everyone was worried about the beloved princess.  The Duchess called her son, far away, fighting for the crown, to ask if he knew anything about the missing princess, but alas, he did not.

The Old Queen, the one before the last, used royal magic to stop the snow, so it would be easier to search for the lost girl.

And the Duke, who felt responsible, called upon his own magical contacts to help locate her.

He explained to the Genie that he might know why the Princess had been taken.

Days ago, after his last abduction, the young princess had been taking a moment to practice her manners with the royal teddy bear, Laurel.

She practiced courtesy and entertainment over a tea party with the pretty fairy bear.

The Duke, who happened to walk by as it was happening, suddenly felt a very strange sensation overtake him.

His deep secret was out, and the young princess saw it all!

Soon, the baby boy vanished through the alien vortex in the floor, back to his mother, the witchy woman!  The Duke guessed he could find her, and ask where the princess had gone.

The Witchy Woman was horrified to realize she'd stolen the darling little girl.  She asked to see the Princess's throne room, so she could picture the royal girl clearly in her magical mind.

In a flash, the Princess, warm and safe, was returned to her loving family and adoring people!  And the Queen was so impressed with the Princess's creativity on her homeschooling assignment, that she finally agreed to build her a room in the highest tower of the castle, complete with ivy and paintings, and royal furniture. 

The Princess was overjoyed.

anything