Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196838 times)

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
I've been known as Branr for 12 years now; the name was a randomly generated name for my Dark Elf warrior in the old game Everquest, and I have used it in some form in every game since then.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »
I've had it for years.  Mostly it's cause I'm a unicornfan.  The 85 is the year I was born.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Captain

« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »
My name is Kirk.  So Captain is a nickname that everyone relates to simply by hearing my name.  I'm amazed that no one else on this board has taken it, I usually need to add a few numbers to the end.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
I hate my first name, partly because no one pronounces or spells it right and where my mom got it from, and it is similar to an aunt that I despise.  I have an identical twin sister and when we were born, mom didn't know what to name us so she used the names of her nurse's twins.  I love my mom, but she had no imagination!

So, I picked a name that I wish she had chosen, similar to my real name but, at least to me, sounds much nicer. 

Leto85

« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
I've had it for years.  Mostly it's cause I'm a unicornfan.  The 85 is the year I was born.

If so, than you really should have Pets. ;)

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #455 on: March 14, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
I used to play a lot of roleplaying games (the kind you use dice for - I'm old) and when I was first starting out I didn't really know what to do so I let my boyfriend make a character for me.  For some unfathomable reason, he named the character Tuesday Morning.  The character later married, and her married name has stuck with me over time and has been recycled in other games and communities for going on 20 years.

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #456 on: March 15, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
I've been using 'adorKablefae' since I started using the internet;  It's actually kind of annoying how overused 'adorkable' is these days, because when I came up with it I'm fairly sure I'd never seen it anywhere.  Not that I can claim with any certainty that it was my original thought because that's a really rare thing, but I was 12 and thought it was the most original thing ever and  10 years later it's super popular? 

Anyway, adorkable because adorable and dork are two things that describe me really well, and fae because, well, I'm a hippy faerie child xD

So yeah, adorKablefae.  I stopped capitalizing the K at some point in the last few years because I got lazy.  Haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

selena4324

« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:09 AM »
I always admired the name 'Selena' as it means 'the moon' in Greek, and I thought it was cool. Also, typing in '4324' is really easy on the number row above the letters on the keyboard, and on one website, I needed to add some numbers to my name-hence, Selena4324 was born! I usually use this for my favorite websites-well, the ones that need usernames, anyways (including this one :D).

Leto85

« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2012, 05:58:32 AM »
My name is Kirk.  So Captain is a nickname that everyone relates to simply by hearing my name.  I'm amazed that no one else on this board has taken it, I usually need to add a few numbers to the end.

One of your parents must be a Trecky. Not sure how you write that, but I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)
Pam will love your name! :D

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
One of your parents must be a Trecky. Not sure how you write that, but I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)
Pam will love your name! :D

I think it's 'Trekkie'. My dad is a massive one, and I'm a little bit of one :)

Xothin

« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
I've been known as Branr for 12 years now; the name was a randomly generated name for my Dark Elf warrior in the old game Everquest, and I have used it in some form in every game since then.

Funny you should mention that. That's exactly how I got mine, except it was an Iksar Shadowknight. :)

Claire.D.Cat

« Reply #461 on: March 26, 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
Mine was just a nickname for grade school. They called me scaredycat, and because Claire(my name) rhymes with scare, they called me clairedcat so yeah

Offline paws_bells

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #462 on: March 27, 2012, 06:40:47 AM »
Well, mine was thought up when I was ten (Wow, that's more than a decade ago!). I have always loved animals, so I simply combined the word 'paws' with the last syllable of my name, which happen to end with 'belle.' Hence, paws_bells. Yes, I know it's not very original, but on the plus side, I'm usually able to retain exclusive use of this nickname on whichever site I sign up to be a member of. =)

And yep, I most definitely have the Pets expansion pack as well. It's one of my favorites!  ;D
~ Sometimes, I like to dig a hole in my backyard, get inside it, and pretend I'm a carrot.

...Yeah, that's me.

Leto85

« Reply #463 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:59 AM »

You've stolen the last part of my username!
But at least I am still older. :P

User Name

« Reply #464 on: March 29, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »
I got my user name from the term user name. Haha, i think it's creative, yet uncreative.

anything