Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196791 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »
Lol good idea, Sophie. ;D

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
I've ultimately decided that sane people are boring and mean, and I'd much rather be a freak with freaky friends. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2011, 02:30:05 PM »
Same. Freaks rock. ;D

ChristineG

« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »
Guess it's pretty obvious :D 'G' is the first letter of my last name - kind of unique so keeping it to my self.

Normally I use another profile name when going online, but it was invented when I was like 13, so I guessed I could use a new one. And I was a bit surprised it wasn't taken, but on the other hand this page hasn't got like several million users (yet ;))

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
  • Someday, I'm going to pilot the monorail.
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »
Guess it's pretty obvious :D 'G' is the first letter of my last name - kind of unique so keeping it to my self.

Normally I use another profile name when going online, but it was invented when I was like 13, so I guessed I could use a new one. And I was a bit surprised it wasn't taken, but on the other hand this page hasn't got like several million users (yet ;))

I'm Christine too! I always get excited when I find other Christines because it seems like there aren't too many of us, at least not enough to have our name on customized mugs and things.

My profile name goes way back to high school. I played the flute (flootie) and we were the only all-female section in the band, which according to the guys in the other sections, made us beauties! Our section shirts had "Flootie Beauties" on the front and our names in the style of "Miss Christine" on the back, like we were beauty queens!  :D I probably should come up with another name since I haven't played the flute in over 2 years, but I'm awful at coming up with new screen names.

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2011, 04:00:04 AM »
Pretty obvious where my name comes from. I love peregrine falcons (and all birds) and usually use the nickname Peregrine or Peregrine Falcon wherever I am across the net. I've got a lot of bird art in my house, especially some beautiful etchings by North Carolina (where I live) artists.

Leto85

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
Pretty obvious where my name comes from. I love peregrine falcons (and all birds) and usually use the nickname Peregrine or Peregrine Falcon wherever I am across the net. I've got a lot of bird art in my house, especially some beautiful etchings by North Carolina (where I live) artists.

That is a wonderful picture you've got there as your avatar. Is that really one of your birds? It looks hard to tame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2011, 11:45:35 AM »
Not one of mine, but a peregrine falcon, yes. They are birds of prey, and are very fast - they can reach up to 200 miles per hour (325 kph) in a hunting dive on their prey.

Leto85

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »
Not one of mine, but a peregrine falcon, yes. They are birds of prey, and are very fast - they can reach up to 200 miles per hour (325 kph) in a hunting dive on their prey.

I've saw a movie about such a bird (I think) on television a few weeks ago. It was shot in extreme slowmotion. Although it was pitty for the prey, the movement of that bird was really incredible, especially in slowmotion.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
Back on topic!

I like to pretend I can stand watching a Sim die. I left the room when a Sim started to die for a few minutes while letting the game run by itself so I didn't have to witness it. I'm quite pathetic.

Deluded Genius

« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Peregrine falcons are some of my favorite birds as well. Them and the little kestrels. Birds of prey in general are so incredible. Unfortunately, they have a tendency to pick off my chickens.

Some people have delusions of grandeur. I have delusions of genius.

Sportsfan

« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
Guess how I got my username? Well my dad wouldn't let me use my real name as part of it, i tend to do that a lot, so I thought 'I'm a fan of sports' (except for hockey) and then it came to me, 'sportsfan'.

Offline Annenator

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2011, 10:09:43 PM »
My username is of the ordinary type as of now.  My username used to be always sapphirebluegem because my favourite gem and my birthstone is the sapphire (and also a beautiful name), and my favourite colour is blue, but I think it's time for a change.  I wish I could come up with a creative profile name that is uniquely me, but I can't come up with one.  So, I'll just stick to my name for now.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2011, 02:31:33 AM »
I'm like you Anne. I never really had an account on firms or message boards before, except for one I made on CBBC when I was about seven. The name was so embarrassing so I won't share it. But Sophie98 is a more sophisticated, if boring, name.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline misha

• Nooboo
  • catastrophe and the cure
« Reply #239 on: July 17, 2011, 05:18:39 AM »
The name just appealed to me so I used 'misha'. My usernames never really make much sense.  :D

anything