Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196834 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #705 on: September 09, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »
Some of these profile name stories are brilliant, had me laughing a few times.

My chosen name is kind of boring and unoriginal - Bavarian because I was born in Bavaria in Germany and spend a lot of time there and my partner chose the Beauty part because originally it was going to be BavarianBrat and he decided that Beauty was better.

That's so sweet that your partner thinks you're beautiful and not bratty.  Welcome to the Forum BavarianBeauty.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2016, 05:40:33 PM »
Candyd (or I could have written it CandyD too) is a mix of my dog's name and my cat's name. I found it cute that it almost makes the word "candid".

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #707 on: September 10, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »
Candyd (or I could have written it CandyD too) is a mix of my dog's name and my cat's name. I found it cute that it almost makes the word "candid".

Well that worked out well.  If I combined my dog's and cat's names, I'd get a name more suited to a nightclub.  No, I didn't name the dog.  ::)  Welcome to the forum Candyd.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Loconut

• Llama Wrangler
    • My DA
« Reply #708 on: December 01, 2016, 01:47:21 AM »
Is a crazy coconut. Nuff.

Also the name is pretty common so when it's not avaivable I mash in my usual online nickname Mari into it and it becomes Marinut

Old name used to be Fukairi ,which I never use now, back in my nippon days. Still hold onto it on my old deviantart though.
Blob.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #709 on: December 01, 2016, 02:35:24 AM »
Is a crazy coconut. Nuff.

Also the name is pretty common so when it's not avaivable I mash in my usual online nickname Mari into it and it becomes Marinut

Old name used to be Fukairi ,which I never use now, back in my nippon days. Still hold onto it on my old deviantart though.
Cool explanation of your screen name  :) --- coconuts are crazy?  Well, they're hard to get open, etc., that's for sure!

Offline EA_ItsInTheDLC

• Nooboo
« Reply #710 on: December 20, 2016, 07:12:52 AM »
Dank Memes

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #711 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
I was originally Kaiko Mikkusu (also spelt "Kyko Micsu", which is my usual Internet name as of 2016) Kaiko was a sort-of japanesization\corruption of my real name (Gaia) and Mikkusu\Micsu is a corruption of MIX which is a makebelieve name for an oddball group of magical girls led by myself. Then I thought about changing the first name because I use to be too obsessed\not lucid back in the days, first it was Nyssa after the Doctor Who character (I'm 1980's Doctor Who trash) then I thought that "Nimrod" also sounded good of a name. Apparently it was an ancient king talked about in the Bible, but I think it works as it's been used in a lot of place. And it's kind of an unisex name as it's not that common. It can also be shortened into Nimi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousey

• Nooboo
« Reply #712 on: January 16, 2017, 01:17:07 PM »
I like mice, rats, all types of rodents really...And I have naturally mousy brown hair...And I'm shy...So there it is :)

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #713 on: February 23, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
Nikkei - is a term for Japanese (diaspora - born in other countries).  I'm Japanese-Canadian
Simmer - You can take that one of two ways.  I'm a Sims player (they're called Simmers) or when I play too much Sims 3...with my sims set on high willpower...you can see my frustration level with them grow to a slow boil (simmer).  :P 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #714 on: February 23, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
Nikkei - is a term for Japanese (diaspora - born in other countries).  I'm Japanese-Canadian
Simmer - You can take that one of two ways.  I'm a Sims player (they're called Simmers) or when I play too much Sims 3...with my sims set on high willpower...you can see my frustration level with them grow to a slow boil (simmer).  :P 
Love your profile name @NikkeiSimmer   *high fives a fellow nikkei
Welcome to the forum!

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #715 on: February 23, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »
Hey... how are ya, eh?   :D  I'm still working out the ins and outs of this forum.  :D  But hopefully, I'll feel at home soon. 

Offline Vicar

• Nooboo
« Reply #716 on: February 26, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »
Truth be told, I stole mine. A good friend of mine used to use it for everything, including Garrys' Mod which we used to play religiously! When he sadly passed away I decided to use it from then on and it's kind of just stuck.

Offline Zoe_Alex123

• Nooboo
« Reply #717 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
Gee, where do I begin?
Ah yes, when I first discovered gaming.

I had to come up with a name for minecraft and at the time was doing a lot of daydreaming and my character in my made up world was a princess from another world and didn't know it. She called herself Alex but her real name was Zoe and minecraft recommended adding numbers to my name hence 123

Sort of embarrassing to explain now, but I've used it everywhere since, soo...
That's how I got my name  ;D

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #718 on: March 09, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
My favourite poem is The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. From the line it is most known for, "Quoth the raven; Nevermore." I also partially have Nevermore in an account username on another site, but that username is sort of too long to use here. Most people on that site call me Nevermore, anyway, so I thought it best to use that nickname here.

Offline Fenchiescobar

• Nooboo
« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2017, 12:18:46 AM »
He. I have been playing Sims since Sim City came out, from there I went to Sim 1, 2 and now 3. I am not done with 3 and can not afford to start with Sim 4. I am 70 years old. I taugh Spanih to High School and College students. My name comes from my sister's imaginary friend. Fenchie is also the name of her new dog.

anything