Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326127 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »
I have no idea I sent my computer tech brother out shopping. He did tell me but I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Can't wait to get started but first I must formulate a plan of attack.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
1). Have 1 Unique Maxed Job. This can be a rabbit-hole career, a profession, or a self employment career.

Would having a Sim go on one branch of a career line still allow another to pursue the other branch? I.e. Special Agent and Forensic Analyst? Sorry if this was cleared anywhere!

I'm so just going straight in without a plan, the way I learn is by failing many, many times. :P It's a sad fact of my Dynasties..
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Regarding Townie families and the $4000 family funds -- the family I chose had only $700 in cash, but I was able to sell off some furniture to make $20,000. It seems to me that it would be more fair to have people sell everything except kitchen and bathroom stuff (which is what an "unfurnished" house contains) and then use the family fund cheat to set funds at $4000.

Also, what should we do about cameras and other stuff in townie inventories?

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 01:32:07 PM »
Would having a Sim go on one branch of a career line still allow another to pursue the other branch? I.e. Special Agent and Forensic Analyst? Sorry if this was cleared anywhere!

I'm so just going straight in without a plan, the way I learn is by failing many, many times. :P It's a sad fact of my Dynasties..

Thought of another question on top of the one above:

3). Attain 4 different rewards. These can be from a rabbit-hole career, a self-employment career, or a profession. Qualifying objects would be things like skill certificates directly tied to a career/profession, objects like the Police Cruiser, Director’s Chair, and Uber Fridge from the Culinary Career; and Service Rewards. These 4 career/profession rewards must be unique to the entire Dynasty.

By Unique does that mean nobody can ever get that reward? I was thinking in the sense that if my Founder got a job that earned a reward, but I didn't use that for the collection - could a later world use that same reward if they earned it? Also is it unique to Career, because some Professions give rewards of the same title but for different careers?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
I definitely have to plan every Dynasty within an inch of its life, and this one especially as it's 16 generations!

As far as I'm aware, the separate branches count as separate careers with the exception of Video Game Developer because those branches re-merge.

By Unique does that mean nobody can ever get that reward? I was thinking in the sense that if my Founder got a job that earned a reward, but I didn't use that for the collection - could a later world use that same reward if they earned it? Also is it unique to Career, because some Professions give rewards of the same title but for different careers?

Two separate questions here--

1) Unique is Unique, meaning that only one person can earn the given reward (spares and spouses don't count, only founders and heirs)
2) However the Epic Hero Medal you get for Private Investigator is different than the one you get for anything else. Just keep track of what's what.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
Regarding Townie families and the $4000 family funds -- the family I chose had only $700 in cash, but I was able to sell off some furniture to make $20,000. It seems to me that it would be more fair to have people sell everything except kitchen and bathroom stuff (which is what an "unfurnished" house contains) and then use the family fund cheat to set funds at $4000.

Also, what should we do about cameras and other stuff in townie inventories?

I did ask Metro a similar question, and he said he was ok with that if I want to start with townies set funds to 4k then sell furnitures for fast cash. 

The advantage in using 2 CAS sims starting at a unfurnished house is I get to choose all the traits and LTW I want.  With your townies, you going to have to get at least 20k for midlife crisis if you want to change traits and then another 10k for change LTW. 

As for the camera, I personally just put it away and not sell, but I don't think there is a rule against selling it.  I guess its up to you if you want to sell, since you can sell all the furnitures in your townie house anyways.   Ratchie / Metro correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
Can the try for a baby be ON day 4? My targeted spouse is always busy  >:(
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »
I think the deadline is Day 4, 11:59 pm.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 03:51:31 PM »
Looks like most questions since I was last online have been properly fielded by others — thanks guys. If anyone is still unclear then speak up.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 08:04:47 PM »
I'm nearing the end of my Immortal dynasty, with hindsight there are a couple of ep's I could have happily done without as they caused more aggro than help. Rather than have to uninstall and reinstall everything is a utility like Sims Game Selector which lets you choose which ep's to load with a game acceptable under this ruling?

It's more an external utility than a mod but I wouldn't use it without permission, although I've tried it for fun games and it worked perfectly.

Wow, this is very interesting! Does this take into account percentages for skill challenges? Are there any disadvantages that you wouldn't have by uninstalling?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:19 AM »
As far as the game is concerned the ep doesn't exist, so I'm assuming the skill percentages also behave as if you didn't have it installed. I had a go with just base game to remind myself what it was like, the game itself wasn't bad but I missed all the newer clothes and hair so put some stuff packs back on and store sets. personally I found no disadvantages over uninstalling, only the advantage of not having to.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 03:32:10 AM »
1) Unique is Unique, meaning that only one person can earn the given reward (spares and spouses don't count, only founders and heirs)
2) However the Epic Hero Medal you get for Private Investigator is different than the one you get for anything else. Just keep track of what's what.

So the act of earning the same reward, from the same career but only counting one of the rewards in the entire Dynasty would not be allowed? But if it was the same Titled Reward from two different careers it's fine?

These career rewards are going to be the hardest thing for me to keep track of.  :P

Edit: Would a Logic Skill Certificate tied to Medical still allow another Heir to use Logic Certificate for Police Enforcement? Just need to check otherwise that throws a new twist in for maxing skills.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »
So the act of earning the same reward, from the same career but only counting one of the rewards in the entire Dynasty would not be allowed? But if it was the same Titled Reward from two different careers it's fine?

These career rewards are going to be the hardest thing for me to keep track of.  :P

Edit: Would a Logic Skill Certificate tied to Medical still allow another Heir to use Logic Certificate for Police Enforcement? Just need to check otherwise that throws a new twist in for maxing skills.

That is correct. But there would be little point in doing the same career twice anyway, as each heir needs to do a different career as part of the requirements. If you never have two heirs do the same career you won't have to worry about keeping track of the career rewards because you'll know they're all different.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure, since they usually like to keep the rules the same between dynasties as much as possible, that if an heir used a skill certificate that would mean no one else could master that skill, the same as in the Life States Dynasty. I am unsure on this one though so wait for confirmation.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 04:21:17 AM »
A Fireman's Hero Medal and a Fisherman's Hero Medal are two separate things, but a Logic Skill Certificate is a Logic Skill Certificate. In your example of doctor and cop, there are awards both or either of them could earn so you wouldn't have to use the skill certificate. Check the link posted in the rules. It's very helpful. I was confused about this as well. I didn't realize that the founders were included in this. It makes it trickier, but not impossible.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:08 AM »
Wow, this is very interesting! Does this take into account percentages for skill challenges? Are there any disadvantages that you wouldn't have by uninstalling?

Skill challenge percentages aren't all that reliable anyway.  My fishing test Sim managed to catch 103% and I finally caught all the fireflies with another tester yesterday but his skill journal showed 50%!  Shirin's list is much better.

Turoskel, thanks for that link.  The Game Selector is brilliant.

I asked Metro about careers some time ago (mainly because I'd like lots of chefs' fridges) and he said that founders were like spares and housemates, so can do anything they want.  However, that was before all the changes to the collection rules in the past week - and before the first spouses in town 2, 3 and 4 also counted as founders  Rereading the final version of the rules, I think that all founders now count the same as heirs, so only one of them can earn each reward.  (Which doesn't stop housemates and spares fom getting the useful goodies :).)

The rewards like key to the city or the medals don't have the same name in game, even though they do in buybedug.  Keep track of the full names (e.g. Photographer's Key to the City, Artist's Painted Ribbon) and you'll be OK.  They look different, too.  I hadn't noticed it until the Life States but even the keys are different colours.

Edit: KRae beat me to it.

Will a board be appearing for 4x4 stories?  I haven't got anything from the game itself yet (five false starts and counting...) but there is a back-story that's ready to go up.