Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323177 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:56 PM »
Thank you Shirin, Nutella and KRae.

Does anyone know about my other questions?

1. Can we delete empty lots at the start of the game?
2. Are EA store lots allowed?
3. If a founder/heir joins a career/profession, but does not max it, does it invalidate this career as a career requirement for other heirs?
4. Can we move/kick non-heirs out?

1. Yes, as long as they are truly empty.

2. Yep.

3. No it doesn't.

4. Yep.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »
Regarding nooboos, my understanding was that only the moving heirs had to wait. Not that it's a bad thing to wait given the limited time for everything else, I'm just curious.

I also want to clarify lifestates of spares and helpers - my reading was that they could be anything other than simbots since they're not contributing to the bloodline or other core requirements, at least in a direct way. If this is correct, it leads to the question of why simbots can't live there, considering the only age up/down restriction is with heirs...not trying to argue with the rules, I'm just curious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
All heirs have to wait to try for baby until their 4 individual requirements are met. The moving heirs also have to wait until the group (moving) requirements are met and have their baby in the new town.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
I also want to clarify lifestates of spares and helpers - my reading was that they could be anything other than simbots since they're not contributing to the bloodline or other core requirements, at least in a direct way. If this is correct, it leads to the question of why simbots can't live there, considering the only age up/down restriction is with heirs...not trying to argue with the rules, I'm just curious.

That is far from the truth. The specific life states allowed are human, ghost, witch, mermaid, imaginary friend, and alien. All of these share in common that they have the same life span. Fairies, genies, werewolves, vampires, Simbots, and mummies all have longer life spans so they are not allowed. It's not just about the bloodline.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2013, 12:02:57 AM »
Metro also posted -- Life state changing elixirs can be thrown at non-Founders/Heirs.  So only founder / heirs have restriction to life state.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:20 AM »
Metro did also state that Plantsims are allowed for spouses, post heir, and for spares.

That's actually a good question, KRae. Why not Simbots (or mummies, I guess)? Unless they fall under the same blanket restrictions as alienboos via kidnapping.

I will await Metro's response, but my personal vote (should it come to that) would be to allow them.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »
Simbots and mummies (which I had forgotten about) have shorter lifespans than everyone else. Shirin, interesting point about the alienboos - I don't have Seasons and have no plans to get it, so it didn't occur to me that would also be banned for spares and helpers as well.

The waiting to try for baby makes sense and I'll plan accordingly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2013, 01:10:30 AM »
Sorry, I meant to say different life spans.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2013, 04:06:28 AM »
I have an inventing tip for the insane, almost got my dynasty sim kicked out of China but was worth it for the sheer fun, did the same thing in Rica's challenge but at home.

Basically buy a lot of the cheap portable stereos, line them all up, I put them in rows of ten then detonate somewhere near the middle, don't do it too near anything you wish to keep as fires break out and keep your sims well clear, for Rica's challenge I lined up the full amount for diabolical detonator and I think it was just 38 that didn't go up first go, serious fire hazard but such fun watching them go off like dominoes  ;D

Had a job getting her to collect the scrap though as her motives bombed from the vile surroundings but if it's your home lot dragging them into inventory still counts them on the scrap collected total.

It does take a while to max as a career but for the two challenges, scrap collector and diabolical detonator, they can be got fairly fast this way, but it is a bit dangerous so best done well away from everything and everyone.

Ooh, that sounds fun!   ;D  I knew about the dishwasher chain but stereos would be cheaper.

Dragging into inventory counts as collecting scrap?  That's useful to know.  Harvesters are also useful for speeding things up.

Another inventing tip--blowing up the rocket at the the military base yields more than enough scrap in three easy-to-pick-up piles.

It doesn't always, at least recently.  In the Life States my Sim had to blow up the junkyard as well and then a few cars to get Scrap Collector.  It still makes it a quick challenge, though.

I think I'm going to have to try the inventing career. The only other careers I have left interfere with something else and I need to use those skill challenges. The only other career would be childcare. Hmm...that might work if spouses and spares did most the work with the kids while the heir invented.

Childcare's certainly easier with lots of people doing the actual work but it's still quite a slow career, despite only having 5 levels.  On the other hand, you do get all those presents from parents as you get near the top,  Would they count as a collection, I wonder?  (Or even as career rewards?)

Secondly, what is the exploit for the inventor career? Is it the one like in scultping where you place an item on the ground, then sell it in buy mode, then undo, and then resell?

Yes, that's the one I meant.  I've not used it because (a) I only found out about it fairly recently and (b) it feels like cheating.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2013, 06:04:34 AM »
Hm not sure, the wordings make me think we bring in spouse after requirement finish, will have to bother Metro to clarify this  :o

I am okay with spouses being brought in early and so long as they are invited by an heir. The key is that there is no Try For Baby early.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2013, 06:47:10 AM »
I am okay with spouses being brought in early and so long as they are invited by an heir. The key is that there is no Try For Baby early.

Hm, so we are only allowed to add Spouses to the Household? Would it be possible to clarify that in the rules that no "helpers" can be added to the household, I was under the impression you could have helpers but I guess I just missed that line, although it doesn't really say anywhere clearly that only spouses can be brought in - that I can see anyway.

Oh and Life State changing Elixirs:

Life state changing elixirs can be thrown at non-Founders/Heirs.

I take that to mean we can't use them on Founders and Heirs? Even the Witch Elixir and Potent Cure? I'm thinking of having a Dynasty of Witches but if one heir doesn't turn out to be a Witch or something, they have to stay as a witch?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2013, 06:52:11 AM »
Hm, so we are only allowed to add Spouses to the Household? Would it be possible to clarify that in the rules that no "helpers" can be added to the household, I was under the impression you could have helpers but I guess I just missed that line, although it doesn't really say anywhere clearly that only spouses can be brought in - that I can see anyway.

Wait, we aren't allowed to bring in other persons than spouses?? I thought we could bring in every sim we want as soon as s/he has an allowed lifestate? I wanted to invite some university friends into my home world.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2013, 06:52:49 AM »

We can move in / out anyone to the household, not just spouses.  Yes, you can have helpers.

Oh and Life State changing Elixirs:

I take that to mean we can't use them on Founders and Heirs? Even the Witch Elixir and Potent Cure? I'm thinking of having a Dynasty of Witches but if one heir doesn't turn out to be a Witch or something, they have to stay as a witch?

Yes you can use the witch elixirs / potent cure on heirs. 
No fairy / werewolf / vampire elixirs can be used on heirs as this will lengthen their lifespan and it will be against the rule.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »
Wait, we aren't allowed to bring in other persons than spouses?? I thought we could bring in every sim we want as soon as s/he has an allowed lifestate? I wanted to invite some university friends into my home world.

That was also my first impression.

We can move in / out anyone to the household, not just spouses.  Yes, you can have helpers.

Yes you can use the witch elixirs / potent cure on heirs. 
No fairy / werewolf / vampire elixirs can be used on heirs as this will lengthen their lifespan and it will be against the rule.

Oh right, I must have been confused from the discussion on the previous page or something about the whole cloning issue and just thought the whole spouse thing was applicable to helpers.  ???

Thanks, yeah I know the fairy etc. ones are banned but I just needed to make sure - a witch dynasty without witches just defeats the purpose! ;)

Edit:

So I've thought of another thing, mainly because Agnes has to be in my Dynasty in one form or the other, Lol.

The rules give the impression that the Spouse must be moved in. If that is correct then the Heir could not marry the child of a helper born into the house, as the spouse wouldn't have to be moved in? Just wondering if anyone else reaches that same conclusion or if I'm wrong in that assumption. I think it would be nice to be able to do that but rules are rules.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2013, 09:21:30 AM »
Samoht04, I think you should be ok marrying the child of the helper, as long as he/she is in the correct lifestate and no trying for baby until heir requirements are done.  Anyone else thinks otherwise?

anything