Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326621 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 04:53:32 AM »
What about the foundes maxing a career, or getting a skill challenge, is that invalidating it for an heir too?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 05:00:33 AM »
That is correct. But there would be little point in doing the same career twice anyway, as each heir needs to do a different career as part of the requirements. If you never have two heirs do the same career you won't have to worry about keeping track of the career rewards because you'll know they're all different.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure, since they usually like to keep the rules the same between dynasties as much as possible, that if an heir used a skill certificate that would mean no one else could master that skill, the same as in the Life States Dynasty. I am unsure on this one though so wait for confirmation.

I was thinking Founders really, I was trying to collate a list of all rewards and skill certificates (I know there is a list on the forum some where but I find making lists helps me memorize stuff easier) to use and Firefighter has a lot and it would be a shame to invalidate all of those, the early ones would be if you had two sims do it if no two Founder/Heir etc. can be awarded the rewards even if not counting one of them.

Yeah, these skill certificates could be a major challenge if we can only use them once. That could wipe out most of the base game careers really as most don't have any rewards at all. It would be harder for someone without Ambitions so far that I can tell, I mean most Career Rewards are from Ambitions.

A Fireman's Hero Medal and a Fisherman's Hero Medal are two separate things, but a Logic Skill Certificate is a Logic Skill Certificate. In your example of doctor and cop, there are awards both or either of them could earn so you wouldn't have to use the skill certificate. Check the link posted in the rules. It's very helpful. I was confused about this as well. I didn't realize that the founders were included in this. It makes it trickier, but not impossible.

Ah right, that makes sense but I still think the certificates are going to be a spanner somewhere along the line.

I asked Metro about careers some time ago (mainly because I'd like lots of chefs' fridges) and he said that founders were like spares and housemates, so can do anything they want.  However, that was before all the changes to the collection rules in the past week - and before the first spouses in town 2, 3 and 4 also counted as founders  Rereading the final version of the rules, I think that all founders now count the same as heirs, so only one of them can earn each reward.  (Which doesn't stop housemates and spares fom getting the useful goodies:).)

The rewards like key to the city or the medals don't have the same name in game, even though they do in buybedug.  Keep track of the full names (e.g. Photographer's Key to the City, Artist's Painted Ribbon) and you'll be OK.  They look different, too.  I hadn't noticed it until the Life States but even the keys are different colours.

Edit: KRae beat me to it.

I think Founders do count now, although I am not entirely sure. I hadn't noticed they were different colours before!  :)

Will a board be appearing for 4x4 stories?  I haven't got anything from the game itself yet (five false starts and counting...) but there is a back-story that's ready to go up.

Yeah, probably when Pam has a moment to set the board up, or maybe Metro can. :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 05:33:54 AM »
I was thinking Founders really, I was trying to collate a list of all rewards and skill certificates (I know there is a list on the forum some where but I find making lists helps me memorize stuff easier) to use and Firefighter has a lot and it would be a shame to invalidate all of those, the early ones would be if you had two sims do it if no two Founder/Heir etc. can be awarded the rewards even if not counting one of them.

The list's here.

Just noticed a possible problem with the rules:

2). Have 2 Unique Best Friends. Best Friend status (check the heir’s relationship panel) must be maintained in order to Try for Baby and the next heir. After an heir is born you are allowed to have a Best Friend relationship decay. These Best Friends must be totally unique to a given heir and cannot be Best Friends with anyone else in the household.

The moving heirs will lose all their friends when they move.  If the (intended) spouse was a unique best friend, they'd still be OK and so would an imaginary friend who hadn't been made real but anyone left behind in the old town wouldn't be in the heir's relationship panel any more.  Would it count if they had two unique best friends at moving time or would they have to make two more in their first few days in the new town?

Edit: In fact, what happens with imaginary friends?  I know you can't lose the doll from a Sim's inventory but if the friend was out of inventory at the time of the move, would they still go along to the next town or would it just be an inert doll?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 06:15:19 AM »
Only 4 career awards are required per town. Not everyone has to supply one. Some jobs offer multiple unique awards, and they can be combined with ones without any or whose associated skills have already been maxed elsewhere.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 06:16:56 AM »
Just noticed a possible problem with the rules:

The moving heirs will lose all their friends when they move.  If the (intended) spouse was a unique best friend, they'd still be OK and so would an imaginary friend who hadn't been made real but anyone left behind in the old town wouldn't be in the heir's relationship panel any more.  Would it count if they had two unique best friends at moving time or would they have to make two more in their first few days in the new town?

Yeah, it would count if they had 2 unique BF at moving time and then lost them after moving. There's nothing anyone can do about that game mechanic.

Edit: In fact, what happens with imaginary friends?  I know you can't lose the doll from a Sim's inventory but if the friend was out of inventory at the time of the move, would they still go along to the next town or would it just be an inert doll?

I really do not know for sure. I'd like to keep it heirs/spouses only for the move, so IF should not be taken.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 06:21:26 AM »
I really do not know for sure. I'd like to keep it heirs/spouses only for the move, so IF should not be taken.
Which probably means that moving heirs can't have IFs.  I'll dig out an old game and see what happens with an IF when moving towns.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 06:43:13 AM »
Regarding the IF, the doll stays in inventory unless it's been changed unto a person. So heirs 4, 8, and 12 have to transform their dolls if they get the notification that it wants to come out and look around. However, with only 4 days as a toddler, that's less likely to happen.

Regarding career rewards, my understanding is that you could count the logic skill certificate only once, but that other heirs could max logic and sell the certificate.

Anyway, I'd say that Ambitions is necessary for this dynasty, especially if you have Seasons. I'm not sure a female heir can max a rabbit hole career before becoming an elder unless you have the workaholic trait.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 06:57:52 AM »
Regarding career rewards, my understanding is that you could count the logic skill certificate only once, but that other heirs could max logic and sell the certificate.

I spoke to Metro and if you count the Certificate as a Reward for the Requirements then that makes that entire skill Unique and unable to be maxed by any other heirs or Founders. You can still have free-for-all skills though. :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »
OK, test done.  I learnt some stuff about the new way of moving that may be common knowledge but was new to me:

• Only a complete household can move to a new town.  This means that everyone apart from the heir (+/- spouse) will have to move out of the house before a town move.
  • You can't move towns if anyone in the household is pregnant (unlikely to be relevant here).
  • On arriving in a new town, there is the option to pick either a house or an empty lot but only the houses show up, at least in my game.  It's effectively gone back into tutorial mode.

I sent the test Sim to bed, so that his IF went into doll form, and put her into someone else's inventory before everyone else moved out.  The test Sim moved with just his motive mobile.  When he arrived at the new town, the doll had reappeared in his inventory.  I put it on the ground and his IF appeared, just as before and with their relationship unchanged.

Regarding the IF, the doll stays in inventory unless it's been changed unto a person. So heirs 4, 8, and 12 have to transform their dolls if they get the notification that it wants to come out and look around. However, with only 4 days as a toddler, that's less likely to happen.

I agree.  So maybe dolls that have never been anything other than dolls have to be allowed as items to be taken to a new town.  You could ensure they don't form a relationship by putting the doll into someone else's inventory as soon as the post arrives.  (Or don't collect the post, which causes a whole load of other problems ;).)

Anyway, I'd say that Ambitions is necessary for this dynasty, especially if you have Seasons. I'm not sure a female heir can max a rabbit hole career before becoming an elder unless you have the workaholic trait.

Of course, a female heir could finish their requirements as an elder and then take Young Again potion (unless I've misunderstood the rules).

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 07:20:51 AM »
I'm interpreting the life-extension after requirements as the same as it is in the life states dynasty, when life extension has to come after requirements, but it can come before nooboo-making. So a female finishing her requirements as an elder wouldn't be a game-ender.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:10 AM »
What about the foundes maxing a career, or getting a skill challenge, is that invalidating it for an heir too?

Treat founders like heirs.  If a founder maxed the medical career, then medical career is off limits for other heirs.  If a founder getting a logic skill challenge, then that particular logic skill challenge is off limits for other heirs.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
What if one heir got 3 rewards (e.g. culinary career), does that mean that there must be only one reward by another heir to complete the rewards for this world? Or does every single heir has to contribute one reward by his/her own??

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »
What if one heir got 3 rewards (e.g. culinary career), does that mean that there must be only one reward by another heir to complete the rewards for this world? Or does every single heir has to contribute one reward by his/her own??

IF one heir got 3 rewards, then that means you only need one reward by another heir / founder to complete the moving "rewards" requirement. 
No, not every single heir has to contribute.  Its founders + heirs that has to contribute 4 rewards for the moving requirement.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »
Well, thats great!  ;D
Thank you, Nutella.