Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326867 times)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Just wondering, can we adopt for non-heir children or can we only add the heir's spouse to the family?

My founder has a wish to be Surrounded by Family, but if she can't adopt then I may just have to try the old-fashioned way!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
Yes you can adopt for non-heir children, but make sure your heir is born first before you adopt.  The heir must be your first born the old-fashioned way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »
Yes you can adopt for non-heir children, but make sure your heir is born first before you adopt.  The heir must be your first born the old-fashioned way.

Yeah, my founder is preggers right now, but it is easier for me to get the spares through adoption. lol Thanks!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Samoht04, I think you should be ok marrying the child of the helper, as long as he/she is in the correct lifestate and no trying for baby until heir requirements are done.  Anyone else thinks otherwise?
I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, the heir is the one who is supposed to invite the spouse in, per the rules. On the other hand, why the heck not? It'd be silly to invite helpers in, get them pregnant, then boot them out and have the heir hopefully invite their child in as a spouse.

I'm ok with marrying children of helpers.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, the heir is the one who is supposed to invite the spouse in, per the rules. On the other hand, why the heck not? It'd be silly to invite helpers in, get them pregnant, then boot them out and have the heir hopefully invite their child in as a spouse.

I'm ok with marrying children of helpers.

It seems like two conflicting rules to me: 1 - Helpers are free to come and go as you choose. 2 - Only the Heir can move their Spouse in. To me it seems that 1 invalidates 2 as a rule in a sense. Or maybe it just doesn't make sense to me to say there are no restrictions and then there is one. Especially with Shirin's example, it would take away a step in a long-winded process of having that child.

I was wondering what Metro's opinion on the Magic 8-Ball Wish roller would be? Where if you ask if you will be rich it can spawn some rather large wishes. I mean without Midas Touch you would actually have to work for those wishes which can be for large sums of LTHP.

Also anyone have any good money makers for founders that don't involve skill challenges or careers? :P And yes, I have already used Agnes. ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
So we're all in agreement that the heir has to be the one to invite a spouse into the house. In other words if a potential spouse is outside the house, then the heir hs to bring them in. That is clear. BUT — there is nothing in the rules that specifically states that is the ONLY way to get a spouse into the house. Hehe...kind of a loophole I guess.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
I could easily be wrong, but I thought the moving in thing was mostly to keep female heirs from having kids without having the father be part of the household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
So we're all in agreement that the heir has to be the one to invite a spouse into the house. In other words if a potential spouse is outside the house, then the heir hs to bring them in. That is clear. BUT — there is nothing in the rules that specifically states that is the ONLY way to get a spouse into the house. Hehe...kind of a loophole I guess.

Sure that makes sense, loopholes are good! :) - also we posted at the same time so didn't want you to miss the 8-Ball thing.  ;)

I could easily be wrong, but I thought the moving in thing was mostly to keep female heirs from having kids without having the father be part of the household.

Yes it is.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
I was wondering what Metro's opinion on the Magic 8-Ball Wish roller would be? Where if you ask if you will be rich it can spawn some rather large wishes. I mean without Midas Touch you would actually have to work for those wishes which can be for large sums of LTHP.

The orb of answers, the one that spawns the "Be Worth More Than $1,000,000" that gives 70,000 Lifetime Happiness points, right?
Without midas touch, you need to figure out a way to be worth that much.  I don't see you breaking any rule, magic 8 ball should be ok to use.
Maybe by the time you get your net worth to be that much, you already have 150k happiness points, won't need that wish  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
The orb of answers, the one that spawns the "Be Worth More Than $1,000,000" that gives 70,000 Lifetime Happiness points, right?
Without midas touch, you need to figure out a way to be worth that much.  I don't see you breaking any rule, magic 8 ball should be ok to use.
Maybe by the time you get your net worth to be that much, you already have 150k happiness points, won't need that wish  ;D

Well, you could potentially use it for one of the later generations in each quadruple, but I don't see any problem with using it either.

I didn't know about how the eightball can generate such a wish. Thanks for bringing it up!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »

Thanks for that.  I was about to boot someone out of the house so that she could become pregnant with a possible spouse for gen 1.  After losing a couple of promising kids from outside the active household in recent games, I'm glad to be able to cut out some juggling.  Her husband will be happy, too :).

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »
I'd like to warn that the Orb of Answers can give the household 50,000 in funds when it feels like it. It's apparently rare enough so that Rica gave it the clear for the immortal dynasty when I brought it up, but money-making is supposed to be a bigger challenge here. I'd almost say ban the Orb.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
I'd like to warn that the Orb of Answers can give the household 50,000 in funds when it feels like it. It's apparently rare enough so that Rica gave it the clear for the immortal dynasty when I brought it up, but money-making is supposed to be a bigger challenge here. I'd almost say ban the Orb.

Well, ban it for yourself if you want more of a challenge. :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2013, 12:04:35 AM »
Between the nice big wish to be worth $1M and the tiberium, and genie wishes, founders are a cake-walk. If I chose it to be. The wish my sim spun was worth 120,500 LTHP. What do the other questions do?

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »
Are spare children allowed to move out and(not going to do this, Agnes fans, but was wondering) whether you can divorce after the baby has been born?

Also, what is the "Orb of Answers"?

anything