Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978562 times)

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #585 on: September 10, 2010, 05:25:36 PM »
Woot!  Even though I know I could have stopped with 60 strangers for the Paparazzi skill challenge despite the fact that the game didn't award it to me (but I would have uploaded a screenshot proving I had photographed 60, as my stats listed), I finally just earned it after reaching a strangers photographed count of 83!

I have one more collection to complete to finish the Shutternut challenge (5 collections)-- though my game only shows 1 completed in the challenge's description despite the four collections listed as complete in the drop-down list.  I'm really hoping the game corrects itself when I finish the fifth collection-- not because I technically need the game to tell me I'm supermaxed (I could just screencap 5 completed collections for Metro), but because I'm obsessive and a perfectionist and it will drive me insane if I see one challenge not recognized as complete! 

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #586 on: September 10, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »
I have a question that comes from my inexperience in playing multi-generational families.  It's not a problem, just something that has been puzzling me.  Gen 3, Christie, has been a teenager for a week now, and spends a lot of her free time at the library getting her cooking skill up.  I've been having her introduce herself to any presentable young males that happen by.  Whenever she does this, her grandfather James, the founder, immediately gets a wish to introduce himself to that same male.  This happens even when he is on a different lot.  The girl's parents never get these kind of wishes.  Is this some sort of grandparent thing that's programmed into the game?  James always wanted to meet Wimsey's boyfriends and I assumed it was because he's her father.  I never expected him to want to mess in his granddaughter's friendships as well.  I'm wondering if he's going to keep this up through all 8 generations!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #587 on: September 10, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
I have a question that comes from my inexperience in playing multi-generational families.  It's not a problem, just something that has been puzzling me.  Gen 3, Christie, has been a teenager for a week now, and spends a lot of her free time at the library getting her cooking skill up.  I've been having her introduce herself to any presentable young males that happen by.  Whenever she does this, her grandfather James, the founder, immediately gets a wish to introduce himself to that same male.

And what are your Founder's traits again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I popped over to your story thread. That's obviously a Friendly trait thing going on.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »
Yes, it is the "Friendly introduction" that he wants to do.  But his daughter Wimsey, Christie's mother, also is Friendly, and she never has any interest in meeting Christie's boyfriends.  Are we talking about male protectiveness or something?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #589 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »
Ha ha. That could very well be.  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #590 on: September 10, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
I posted about this under my Dynasty in the share section.  My dynasty is gone.  Totally, gone.  I'm currently beating myself up over the careless mistakes I made and I'm really sad and ticked off at myself.  Don't worry, I'll get over it shortly when I restart but right now I sure could use a hug!

I didn't let my family members eat, sleep or pee for long so there was a faboo garden, founder maxed cooking and going along well on LTW, 3 LTR chosen, heir born and had already written 5 books, (wanted to be an Illustrious Author), wifey about to age to elder that day.  I forgot the founder could not travel, AT ALL, even as a birthday gift to the now teenage heir.  They went to China except they never arrived.  No one was there.  Not even the Chinese.  Mistake number one:  didn't save to library so they really ARE gone.  Hansom is there but he has to woo Agnes all over again.  (My plans for this future Lothario were quite nefarious.  Wife ages/dies.  Husband remarries, never has offspring because heir was already born.  Rinse and repeat. Of course the flaw was you can only have 8 people in a household.)  Mistake number two: didn't save before I hit travel.  DUH  Mistake number three:  I DID save once I was in China.  Slip of the finger and didn't really mean to but that put the kabosh on fixing it I think.

Well, Hansom IS handsome so I guess it's time to redo, rethink and replan.  See?  I'm already leaving the gloom behind and I KNOW you all sent me cyber hugs.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #591 on: September 10, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »
Not sure if anyone has noticed the family tree once the founder eats ambrosia, but basically, there is no family tree, his daughters register as friends when they chat and the youth is in the family tree all by herself.  Only person is coming up is Agnes as the twins mother.  I do know when a family brings back a family member by feeding them ambrosia, all family ties are gone, I wonder if this is what is happening in the dynasty.  Too bad.  Was really looking forward to keeping track via the family tree.  Also, three of my sims now have the runnaround bug, two immortals and the other twin that is not going to be immortal.   No matter how hard you try, someone is going to play tag.   :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #592 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:07 PM »
Also, three of my sims now have the runnaround bug, two immortals and the other twin that is not going to be immortal.   No matter how hard you try, someone is going to play tag.   :)

What triggers that bug? Or is it random? I have not been the victim of that one (yet).

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #593 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »
I'm so sorry, Joria. I know how much heart and soul you put into your sims.

*big hugs*

Edit: @Metro: when someone plays tag they get the bug, and they pass it to others by playing tag with them.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #594 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
What triggers that bug? Or is it random? I have not been the victim of that one (yet).

The bug happens if they play tag.  It happened to my founder when I was watching one of my other sims.  Now he runs everywhere.  Even if I tell him to walk.  I don't really mind it, at least when the elders run they look spry and fit, not all hunched over like they do other times.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #595 on: September 10, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »
@Joria:  Did you try to recover a previous save by using these instructions?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #596 on: September 10, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »
No one answered my question or acknowedged I even said anything about the family tree and I really would like to know if anyone else has any issues since they started the dynasty.  I am about to throw in the towel, because to me, the family tree is the backbone to a good generational game.  That stupid runaround bug is the least of my worries, that is workable.  I guess I am frustrated like everyone else, I really like my family tree, but it is so messed up right now. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #597 on: September 10, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
Sorry, Diane.  Carina, my founder, has eaten Ambrosia.  I just checked her family tree and it's fine.  You might be having that bug that's been causing trouble.  The only way I know to possibly fix it is to move your family to a new game/town.  I'm not even sure that would fix it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #598 on: September 10, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
I posted about this under my Dynasty in the share section.  My dynasty is gone.  Totally, gone.  I'm currently beating myself up over the careless mistakes I made and I'm really sad and ticked off at myself.  Don't worry, I'll get over it shortly when I restart but right now I sure could use a hug!

I didn't let my family members eat, sleep or pee for long so there was a faboo garden, founder maxed cooking and going along well on LTW, 3 LTR chosen, heir born and had already written 5 books, (wanted to be an Illustrious Author), wifey about to age to elder that day.  I forgot the founder could not travel, AT ALL, even as a birthday gift to the now teenage heir.  They went to China except they never arrived.  No one was there.  Not even the Chinese.  Mistake number one:  didn't save to library so they really ARE gone.  Hansom is there but he has to woo Agnes all over again.  (My plans for this future Lothario were quite nefarious.  Wife ages/dies.  Husband remarries, never has offspring because heir was already born.  Rinse and repeat. Of course the flaw was you can only have 8 people in a household.)  Mistake number two: didn't save before I hit travel.  DUH  Mistake number three:  I DID save once I was in China.  Slip of the finger and didn't really mean to but that put the kabosh on fixing it I think.

Well, Hansom IS handsome so I guess it's time to redo, rethink and replan.  See?  I'm already leaving the gloom behind and I KNOW you all sent me cyber hugs.

Shame, I feel so sad for you as well as LlamaMama said We put our heart and soul in our sims and to lose it all is so really, really sad.

*big hugs*  :'(

I forgot the founder could not travel, AT ALL, even as a birthday gift to the now teenage heir.

Please, help is this correct that the founder cannot travel at all, because the rules state that travelling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes a Young Adult, but no where is it stated that the founder may not travel at all. ???

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #599 on: September 10, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
Correct, travelling is banned until generation 2 is a Young Adult.  Once that happens, your founder is allowed to travel.

anything