Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971418 times)

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9210 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
I was wondering if tattoo removal effected aging like getting a tattoo does? Cause if not I have a former tattoo artist in my house I would like to send to get them removed.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9211 on: December 14, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »
If you give me a few minutes, I'll see for myself! I've never seen it brought up before.

Opening up the game for testing. ;)

EDIT: I was able to get only three sims' tattoos removed until the tattoo artist was off-duty. In all three cases, age was unaffected, and all three sims were quite a few days into their adult stage.

The reason it (likely) doesn't affect age is probably because you don't have to bring them into CAS (or the limited version of CAS you get when you tattoo your sims) to get their tats removed.

This isn't an official ruling either. Just me testing things out. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9212 on: December 14, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
I have a bit of a problem with my dynasty.
Two events have happened simultaneously at once: sending a Sim to the University and the death of the other Sim. Neither was avoidable or cancellable at this point. As the Dying one had turned ghostly transparent, but before the Grim Reaper had arrived, University sub-hood started to load. A week passed in the University. When my students were finally back, it turned out the Dying one was stuck in some sort of limbo. The sim is not transparent anymore (although on the save picture he is); he floats in the air as ghosts tend to do; and he's not going to continue the standard death routine (no Grim Reaper in sight, and all that). I've played with a copy of the save for several sim-days just to test that, and the Dying Sim was still in limbo with no further progress.
I tried resetsim. It did unstuck the Sim, but it also cancelled his death and brought him back to the beginning of his current age. And that, of course, is forbidden.
What should be the proper protocol of my actions in such a case?
I personally wouldn't mind to reset him and then kill him properly via mod/cheat; of course, I need a permission (or another advice) first.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9213 on: December 14, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
@Siergiej

Do you have a save before the events happen?  Before the death and before university?

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9214 on: December 14, 2013, 05:58:24 PM »
Nutella, yes, I do. Should I go back to that save?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9215 on: December 14, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
@Siergiej

Yes, you have permission to go back to that save.  Good luck this time.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9216 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Are you allowed to accept the 'Free Vacation' Oppurtunity before the second gen is a young adult? And does it count towards your BlackOps?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9217 on: December 15, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
Are you allowed to accept the 'Free Vacation' Oppurtunity before the second gen is a young adult?

You can accept the opp, but you can't travel till your second generation is YA. 

And does it count towards your BlackOps?

Yes.  You can only use the "free vacation" blackops for 2nd generation and later, due to the traveling restriction.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9218 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
Does it actually count? The Free Vacation op doesn't occupy an op slot, from what I can remember.

It's been a while since I've accepted it, though, so I might be wrong. It's also an incredibly buggy op, so be careful.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9219 on: December 15, 2013, 07:52:09 PM »
Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) .

Unless I misread the rule, the free vacation opp can count as blackops.  You just can't use it for earlier generation due to the can't travel restriction before 2nd gen is YA.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #9220 on: December 16, 2013, 03:18:34 AM »
Just in response to Nutella's post in the 4x4 thread, that Roaring Heights is now approved for dynasty challenges - Carl's guide mentions that the deathfish spawner is broken.

It's not a game breaker for any of the other dynasties , but for this one - either the world can't be used till a fix comes out, or much like the Book Corral for a couple of the towns, can the challenge team make an exception to place an extra fish spawner in?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9221 on: December 16, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
Just in response to Nutella's post in the 4x4 thread, that Roaring Heights is now approved for dynasty challenges - Carl's guide mentions that the deathfish spawner is broken.

It's not a game breaker for any of the other dynasties , but for this one - either the world can't be used till a fix comes out, or much like the Book Corral for a couple of the towns, can the challenge team make an exception to place an extra fish spawner in?

Yes, Carl brought this to my attention last night. Ugh. *rolls his eyes* I foresee the team allowing a temporary Edit Town fix in Roaring Heights until something permanent comes from EA. It's really the only solution at least in my opinion. So, give us a day or two and we'll have an answer.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9222 on: December 16, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
December 16th, 2013 - Rules Addition:

- Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners in the graveyard.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9223 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
I'm in a small pickle right now. :(

So last night, I was playing my file and it very suddenly got laggy and froze out of nowhere. I'm not expecting stellar performance on my non-gaming laptop, with a dynasty that is 24 weeks in, but this was far beyond normal, occasional freezing/lag. It was "I can't move the camera at all and it takes five minutes to bring the Options menu up" freezing/lag. So I opened up the cheats panel (another minute or so of waiting for that to come up), did a global resetsim to see if that would clear things up, noticed that that didn't do anything to help performance, so I eventually was able to save and exit as usual. I always clear caches, DCBackup, and Featured Items before I open up the game again, so I did that.

Tried opening my file again tonight. For one, the resetsim cheat didn't even fully work, because my active sim was still standing by the fishing hole where she was before, instead of being placed back home. It took a good few minutes for the camera to move if I directed it to, if it did at all. I couldn't even open the Options menu to save my game. Not that it mattered, since I couldn't even un-pause the game to do anything. Often, the cursor was stuck in place. And worst of all, the build/buy buttons were greyed out. It was bad, and so non-functional, that I had to force-quit through Task Manager and try again, only for the file to still be extremely laggy. Then I opened up my last good save to see if that was still playable. Which it is. Things run about as smoothly as they can on a laptop with integrated graphics and a humongous dynasty file to cope with.

For reference, I tried other things to make performance better. Lowered a few of my graphics settings, closed every other program (I have a nasty habit of leaving everything open), but that didn't help this lag in the slightest. Is there anything left to do? I'm too far along to give up.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9224 on: December 17, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »
I had a similar problem with my dynasty, what I did was a factory reset, if you see the post below there is kinda a shortcut way to do the factory reset.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7507.0

I still have problems after playing a while, but then I do another factory reset.  Hope this helps.