Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977331 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9195 on: December 10, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »

I'm in a little bit of a pickle. When my graphics card gets an update--which it does every couple of months or so--it resets my game settings, including the Sims 3 story progression population options. I just got an update, but can't remember all my settings. I know I disabled fairies and pets, but can't remember whether I left horses on/off. It's vaguely important, as my next generation was going to supermax riding, although by no means a necessity seeing as how their are still plenty of supermax options available. I honestly can't remember whether horse progression was on or off at the start of the dynasty. I've planned all along to use riding as a supermax and put the equestrian center in the game at the start, which makes me think I probably had it on, but now I can't remember seeing any horses roaming around town. Any thoughts?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9196 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:20 PM »
Just as a note, wild horses, which are usually the ones you see roaming around town, spawn independently of whether you enabled horses or not. I don't know if they spawn in Bridgeport, though, which might be a problem for a riding supermax no matter what, considering that one of the challenges is to adopt wild horses.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #9197 on: December 10, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

I figured that was controlled by the horse option in the population section. Good to know its not! I don't think I've seen them in Bridgeport, though. I think I'll just go with a different supermax option then, and leave horses on because I think that was the original setting.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9198 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
Bridgeport's special classification as a city means that wild horses definitely won't spawn there, according to SimGuruGraham. Sorry that you have to change plans, and have an unused equestrian center too!

Anyone attempting a dynasty in Bridgeport and wondering what supermaxes to choose should avoid Riding, in that case, since it renders one of the challenges impossible.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9199 on: December 11, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure Unicorns do spawn there, however. So, if unicorns count for the challenge, it might be hypothetically possible to complete it. If you're a glutton for punishment and looking for bragging rights, I mean.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9200 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
Hey guys, I have Roaring Heights now and three possible candidates for dynasty lots:

25 Beach Drive (60x60)
20 Paradise Drive (64x64)
36 Riverside Terrace (64x64)

With pictures!

25 Beach Drive circled in read, 20 Paradise Drive circled in yellow...

...And 36 Riverside Terrace in blue.

Thoughts on which one(s) should be the dynasty lot(s)?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9201 on: December 12, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »
All 3 lots looks good, thanks a lot Trip.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9202 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
You're welcome!

I haven't played with the new content yet (Finals Week officially started today; what bad timing), but I can't particularly see how fixable cars and roller coasters could mess with aging or provide a huge advantage beyond what most premium content does. But then again, I probably thought the same things about mudbaths and soy milk too. ::)

Speaking of which, I don't see a formal ban on soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set. While I don't have the set, Rosa has had it add days to her sims' lives:

Soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk Set should be banned for non-Immortals. I just had it add five days to my Sim's life by drinking it.

Not to mention that SimsVIP's article on the set mentioned the revitalizing properties of soy milk:

Are you a bit lactose intolerant? Then feed your cow some vegetables so she’ll give your Sim the option of Soy Milk for a few hours. Soy Milk has all of the benefits of milk, plus it’ll help keep your Sim young and revitalized!

Which I think is evidence enough to give soy milk the ban for mortals and pre-ambrosia immortals.

Also, on a different note, Lasnien had a very good question about Into the Future and traveling to the future that I didn't see properly addressed:

I have a question about travel to the future. From what I've seen in-game, time passes normally for any sims you've sent to the future, while sims still at home are paused (as in any other form of travel). This seems like it could cause some issues, like sending an unwanted spare into the future so that they're much closer to death than they ought to be. It could also be used to save a game from an unexpected gen 7 twin, I suppose.

I guess my question is: Should we always send the whole household into the future to avoid aging discrepancies? Or is it alright to use future travel to sort of "fast age" a spare that's no longer needed out of the household?

Has there been a decision made regarding this?

EDIT: On yet another note, found the official Roaring Heights festival lot, made by SimGuruBrett. Right here. Since the other festival lots for post-Seasons towns have been allowed to be placed, I'm assuming this one is fine too, right? I haven't downloaded it yet, but does anyone know if it's designated as a true festival lot?

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #9203 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
You're welcome!

I haven't played with the new content yet (Finals Week officially started today; what bad timing),

I'm so sorry. Good luck (I finished my only final today, woo).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9204 on: December 12, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
12/12/2013  Rules Addition:  The following items are banned across the board for non-immortals and pets and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals:
                                                   7. Drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9205 on: December 12, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
Good luck on your finals Trip.  Thanks for the heads up on soy milk, I don't buy any custom content or store content, hence in the dark about items like these.   

Into the Future traveling - this one the team needs to discuss about it, I'll make sure we come to a decision this week and post the result.

Yes, if its an official true festive lot, then you can add it to Roaring Heights.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9206 on: December 13, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »
For jesirose or people who curious about having Ghost as family member in Dynasty.

I just open my game again and found Erik was died at age 93. I was sent him to eat his pumpkin pie but there's a notification appears and this is what happens.

So, if you still hesitate about having ghost in your dynasty, I think that's totally alright because they actually age like human Sims do.

Too bad even I thought that I believe that I collected so many Lifetime Happiness Point for him, his urn is not changed at all.

*sigh*next in line would be Holly who Grimmy would reap.

Just want to drop by and giving this information. R.I.P Erik :'(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9207 on: December 13, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »
With playable ghosts, their urns won't change because they're static objects in their inventory. So not only does Erik keep his medium-sized tombstone, but Axl will have an ugly, small tombstone no matter what you do (all ghosts born in-game have the small tombstone).

By the way, RIP Erik. :(

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9208 on: December 13, 2013, 12:56:27 AM »
With playable ghosts, their urns won't change because they're static objects in their inventory. So not only does Erik keep his medium-sized tombstone, but Axl will have an ugly, small tombstone no matter what you do (all ghosts born in-game have the small tombstone).

By the way, RIP Erik. :(

Thank you Trip, well it's fun playing Dynasty because I never play something that I never thought before. I never considered playing a Ghost because Ghost is scary! And I don't have any idea for making my founder as a Witch as first time playing this file, I only have Philosopher Stone on my mind But, it turned out to be amazing because so many stories that I could create from his supernatural state!

He had good life and has reunited with his true love and having children even he didn’t have his chance to meet Harry as a toddler (just one day!) so I think that's alright. He had his peace although that I disappointed there's no Grimmy after playing around with Lolita in another game anyway :(

Yeah, Axl urn would be ugly… but I will come up with something different later. Not focusing into his tombstone/urn :D

By the way good luck on your finals, Trip! Wish the best for you!  Do your best and God will do the rest :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9209 on: December 13, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
@Trip — just wanted to tip my hat to you for getting the Dynasty lot info. :)

anything