Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976380 times)

Offline Jamie

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9360 on: January 16, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
@Deklitch

Yes, the restriction applies to time portal too (treat it like the camera).  Either you sell it and adjust your funds with the cheat, or never sell it.  This is to prevent free money.

What about the University Welcome Kit? (Is that what it's called?) I think it arrives whenever a sim ages up to teen too.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9361 on: January 16, 2014, 02:43:51 PM »
What about the University Welcome Kit? (Is that what it's called?) I think it arrives whenever a sim ages up to teen too.

At the start of the dynasty, yes treat it like camera / portal.  In the middle of the dynasty when you receive it for sims aging up to teen, you can do whatever you want with it. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9362 on: January 16, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »
At the start of the dynasty, yes treat it like camera / portal.  In the middle of the dynasty when you receive it for sims aging up to teen, you can do whatever you want with it. 

I always figured that because it was only 20 simeloens, that selling it/keeping it wouldn't matter. I have always sold it from the get go, including in my current Oid Immortal Dynasty (started before this ruling).

Do I need to restart the Oids as Oids 3.0, or can I continue on?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9363 on: January 16, 2014, 05:51:14 PM »
@Deklitch

Continue.  The 20 simoleons is no big deal, I was just lumping it up together with camera/portal for rules completeness sake. 

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9364 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »
@ Nutella, thanks.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #9365 on: January 17, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
Hi gang, it's me again.  I'm still having the same problem in the game...may I try Twallen's debug enabler to see if that cleans up the problem with the saves?
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #9366 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
Hi gang, it's me again.  I'm still having the same problem in the game...may I try Twallen's debug enabler to see if that cleans up the problem with the saves?

Have you checked out these pages MsFlynn found? They couldn't save my game, but maybe yours?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9367 on: January 17, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »
*Sighs*

Well the most recent Oid 2.0 saved game won't open for me. The previous saved game of Oid 2.1 successfully opened. My I return to it and continue?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9368 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
@Deklitch

Yes.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9369 on: January 17, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »

Just as a heads-up, twallan's Mods don't look like they've been updated to work with 1.66 yet. (see edit below) Without twallan himself to code them, a bunch of coders are trying to work with his code and update them. crinrict is getting a bunch of bug reports though. :P

Edit: I stand corrected. I didn't check one page, almost all of them work (bar about four).

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #9370 on: January 17, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
Thanks, Seabody.  I'm going to check it out tonight and see if I can find something to help.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9371 on: January 18, 2014, 07:24:25 AM »
For the first time ever in game, I have had a male sim (Aiden Jones) who was kidnapped by aliens be impregnated by said aliens. I know I have to return the baby to its home planet, but I don't know how/when to do that, is it at the point of birth?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9372 on: January 18, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
Yes, it's at the point of birth. Also, if you have a full house, the game will send the alienboo back by default.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #9373 on: January 18, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
Hello again, Challenge Team!

After a week of trying to fix my save, I think I've managed it, but also think I've wrecked any chance for HOF.  Here's what I've done.

First, tried going back before the save error started.  No luck there, it just showed up again.
Then, tried removing the hair and eyes cc I had for Jareth, created a new factory reset, put last working save in there, and lo and behold, that didn't work either.
Then, I tried to evict and move them back into the house.  That made it worse.
So I took a copy of the last working save again, (I'm so tired of that file, you can't believe it), and ran it through Error Trap.  It cleared over 1000 errors, but the family and UI were still missing.  So when it was finished with that, I did the edit town trick again, which worked, and now had a clean working save.
Then I copied the save into yet another brand new factory reset file with no mods.  It seems to be working just fine.

I'm assuming that use of Error Trap has precluded entry into the HOF for this dynasty.  So I'm just going to keep on going with the story.

Thanks,
Tia

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9374 on: January 18, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
I have a question about lots that are allowed to have their designation changed. Ricalynn's post stops with Dragon Valley and Isla Paradiso. Was such ruling made for Midnight Hollow and Roaring Heights?

anything