Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971442 times)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9390 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:28 AM »
If there are a some vehicle(motorboat) stuck on the sea in IP, am I allowed to use an overwatch mod to cleared up the stucked vehicle?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9391 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:34 AM »
Barring the stuck vehicles causing significant problems, probably not.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9392 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
I'm not sure it even does that Sherry, I've never noticed overwatch clearing up boats in my games, or even cars abandoned on the roads, I think it can only clean up cars left on an actual lot in a parking space, I could be wrong but it's how it works in my fun games when I use it. Testing cheats and shift click delete is the only way I know of to clean them up, and even then as Trip says I doubt it would be allowed unless it's causing routing errors.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9393 on: January 25, 2014, 02:29:53 AM »
I'm not sure it even does that Sherry, I've never noticed overwatch clearing up boats in my games, or even cars abandoned on the roads, I think it can only clean up cars left on an actual lot in a parking space, I could be wrong but it's how it works in my fun games when I use it. Testing cheats and shift click delete is the only way I know of to clean them up, and even then as Trip says I doubt it would be allowed unless it's causing routing errors.
Oh? you mean : Shift, click, object, delete it?
Okay. I just test it. It works. Cool.
Hey, thx for the info Turoskel.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9394 on: January 25, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
And you still need to ask for permission to use TestingCheats to delete cars in your dynasty file. Just making sure that it's clear to everyone.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9395 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:11 AM »
And you still need to ask for permission to use TestingCheats to delete cars in your dynasty file. Just making sure that it's clear to everyone.

Really? why? I thought it was just like reset a stuck sim.
And no it's not a car, it's a boat stuck in the middle of the sea...

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9396 on: January 26, 2014, 03:02:55 AM »
It's covered in the Tech Talk section of the rules.

You also do not need to ask for permission to open the cheats panel (Press Ctrl-Shift-C) and use a cheat for the following circumstances:
  • 1. Your Sim is stuck .
  • 2. Your Sim loses a trait or has an empty trait slot.  This cannot be done for Sims that were made by EA to have fewer traits.
  • 3. Your Sim has a stuck moodlet that will not go away — such as the Hunted moodlet when no vampires are in the area.
  • 4. Your Sim ages to an incorrect life stage.

Also, whenever a cheat, however harmless it may seem, could be involved, it's always best to ask the challenge team first. Just to make sure you're not breaking any rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9397 on: January 26, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »
Okay, I actually tried it (the cheat) on my riverview files and my immortal file is in IP.
So, for confirmation : Can I use the cheat to clear away the stuck boat in my dynasty file?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9398 on: January 26, 2014, 09:15:26 AM »
@Sherry

Yes go ahead.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9399 on: January 26, 2014, 06:48:45 PM »
I feel like someone asked this already, but are the interactive loading screens allowed?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9400 on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »
@Seabody

We banned interactive loading screens for tournament challenges, but not dynasties.  Should we?  Are they game breaking enough to be banned in dynasties?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9401 on: January 26, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »
I'm not sure if it's game breaking enough to warrant a ban, but it might be worth considering. I think everybody has them -- I might be mistaken, but I think they came in a patch as well as ITF, so everyone playing HoF Dynasties should have them due to the Patch Level restrictions. So it's not a case of one player having them and another not, if you know what I mean. It does seem like "free LTHP" though. I was going to start doing them but thought it might be banned, so held off.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #9402 on: January 26, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
I'm not sure if it's game breaking enough to warrant a ban, but it might be worth considering. I think everybody has them -- I might be mistaken, but I think they came in a patch as well as ITF, so everyone playing HoF Dynasties should have them due to the Patch Level restrictions. So it's not a case of one player having them and another not, if you know what I mean. It does seem like "free LTHP" though. I was going to start doing them but thought it might be banned, so held off.

Everyone definitely has them as long as they're patched up. They came with the ITF patch, not the game itself.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9403 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »
I stopped using the interactive loading screens because they seemed to cause my game not to load on the occasions when I had them underway, so for me they were game breaking in that way. However, my simming computer isn't exactly the latest and greatest hardware.

It doesn't bother me either way, however, I'll just continue not to use them. :)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #9404 on: January 27, 2014, 01:56:15 AM »
It's definitely a patch, not ITF.

I've used them, it gives me something to do while I wait and wait and wait for my game to load. My laptop can handle it for now, but I suspect it's causing the game to take more time to start. I also don't get very many points out of it, certainly not enough for an instant LTR of any size, even if I start with a single sim.

Anyway, it is technically free LTHP, but it's not anything close to a game breaker, at least in my game. I personally wouldn't be all that upset if it were banned just because I don't really get anything out of it, but at the same time I don't really see reason to ban the loading screens when so many other methods of obtaining points, wealth, etc. are allowed.

anything