Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977533 times)

Offline MissMagicMoon

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9450 on: February 21, 2014, 03:24:37 AM »
It was odd, but it did get fixed.

When they married, it gave me the popups as if he had moved in. It said it added funds and that he was a part of the household, but didn't show up on my sims panel nor did he ever stay at the house. After a day or two (sim time) I asked him to be a roommate, hoping it might trick the game into moving him in. Then I disabled the roommate feature and tried talking to him again. FINALLY, after using only the friend interaction would it allow me to ask him to move in, like Ace said.

I'm so happy right now! I've got my Founder two friends away from eating ambrosia, gen two has been born and is a teen, just four days from becoming a YA. This is the farthest I've gotten on the challenge so far on attempt number three.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9451 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »
@MissMagicMoon
Glad your game got fixed, good luck.

@AceFace
Thanks for the info on the bug, now we know to "disable roommate feature" to solve this problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9452 on: February 24, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
I am starting a new dynasty attempt, since I lost my old games. I had to re-install on a new computer. I decided to try a different town this time, and I'm reading the edit town FAQ - I wanted to confirm where it says Anyone can add EA-created lots - can I add the lots I've purchased in the store such as the Prism jewelry studio and the greenhouse? And they would have to go on a residential lot I convert into a community lot, correct?

- Jessica

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9453 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »
can I add the lots I've purchased in the store such as the Prism jewelry studio and the greenhouse?

Yes.

And they would have to go on a residential lot I convert into a community lot, correct?

Yes.  Make sure the residential lot comes with the town and is empty.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9454 on: February 24, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
In regard to placing store bought lots:
Does it work the same as placing new expansion lots? I.e, if I buy the Prism Art Studio, I can place it either the next time I load up the game or never?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9455 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:59 PM »
That's exactly how it works. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline isilweth

• Nooboo
« Reply #9456 on: February 24, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »
My generation two heir and spouse are currently at University. I am now experiencing the graduation glitch where they do not get their diplomas/traits despite attending the ceremony. May I go back to a previous save from earlier in the same Sim day?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9457 on: February 24, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
@isilweth

Yes.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9458 on: February 25, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
I have a question regarding the Alchemy opp involving the Philosopher's Stone.  I've read other places that you need the Arboretum and the Vault of Antiquity in order for the opp to trigger (as well as the required skill level, of course).  Does that mean that for a Dynasty challenge, if I want to make sure I get that opp, do I have to place the Fae Rae Gardens as well as the Library of Lore and Vault of Antiquity, or can I eventually place the Vault and the Arboretum on other properties as I can buy things?  I was playing around with another file and notice that since they are special items,  I have to place them on certain lots.  Has anyone had any experience in this?  Mind you, this is in a town other than Moonlight Falls (Dragon Valley to exact) and I'm just curious what others have done and what the challenge team says about this.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9459 on: February 25, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
It works if you just place the Vault and Arboretum on a bought property. I was able to get that op through placing those buildings on a park in Starlight Shores, so it should work everywhere else.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9460 on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »
Ok, that's great.  Glad to hear that.  Thanks Trip ^^

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9461 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »
Yes.

Yes.  Make sure the residential lot comes with the town and is empty.

Thank you! I only edited existing empty residential lots, and I was able to add most of the lots I wanted to use. The rest I'll have to do without :)

I chose Aurora Skies, which I love, but it does not have a lot of great usable lots for this part of the challenge, lots of tiny lots or huge lots. I needed medium. *shrug*
- Jessica

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9462 on: February 26, 2014, 03:21:19 PM »
Hi! I decided to start again an Immortal Dynasty, but couldn't make it pass my founder's YA, because her husband couldn't do her portrait as a YA. I gave her the artistic trait so eventually she'll be the one making the portraits, but now I need someone to make hers. I'm doing it in Dragon Valley, and loving it by the way, but there aren't any male residents in Dragon Valley with the artistic trait, so the husband she found, because he gave her the "attractive company" moodlet and all, was Daric Ordhen, the one that looks like a garden gnome (hehe) and I thought he would be great because he has advanced fishing and gardening. In Dragon Valley the townies that are artistic are Nessie Lochlan and Siobahn Murphy, both with 3 points of the painting skill, but their other traits are not so great, not so bad.

So what do you guys think I should do? I have to start over anyways, so, should I use the same Sim and hurry her marrying Daric for him to have time to do her portrait, or do a male Sim and marry him with Nessie or Siobahn? Any of these girls are better looking than Daric, thinking about future generations... but Daric is not so bad looking, looks older but he's adult.

ĄPura vida!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9463 on: February 26, 2014, 03:32:56 PM »
Hi! I decided to start again an Immortal Dynasty, but couldn't make it pass my founder's YA, because her husband couldn't do her portrait as a YA. I gave her the artistic trait so eventually she'll be the one making the portraits, but now I need someone to make hers. I'm doing it in Dragon Valley, and loving it by the way, but there aren't any male residents in Dragon Valley with the artistic trait, so the husband she found, because he gave her the "attractive company" moodlet and all, was Daric Ordhen, the one that looks like a garden gnome (hehe) and I thought he would be great because he has advanced fishing and gardening. In Dragon Valley the townies that are artistic are Nessie Lochlan and Siobahn Murphy, both with 3 points of the painting skill, but their other traits are not so great, not so bad.

So what do you guys think I should do? I have to start over anyways, so, should I use the same Sim and hurry her marrying Daric for him to have time to do her portrait, or do a male Sim and marry him with Nessie or Siobahn? Any of these girls are better looking than Daric, thinking about future generations... but Daric is not so bad looking, looks older but he's adult.

Keep in mind you don't have to get married right away in order to take control over the Sim. When I restarted mine, the very first thing I did was go chat up the person I wanted to move in, and just did friendly interactions until Invite to Move In showed up. I can now worry about getting my Founder married once I have other goals met. You can have the male moved in by around 3pm, and then start him doing nothing but painting ;)
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9464 on: February 26, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
I've been able to move in a housemate by 12PM on the first day. My tip? Form a group with them. Do a couple of nice socials. Disband the group. At least in my experience, the sim will often think that they had a fantastic time with you, and you get a sweet relationship boost. But yeah, you don't need to marry who you bring in.

anything