Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972400 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9435 on: February 18, 2014, 07:28:47 AM »
I'm having trouble again with trees in my dynasty. They spend more time dormant than growing meaning it's hard to make money. I've come up with a cheat free solution but I'm wondering whether it would be allowed. Basically, you move the said trees into an open space on the lot. You build them as close together or far apart as space allows. Then you build walls around the trees. The building needs to be two stories high for this to work. Would I be allowed to do this so I can make money out of money trees?

You're simply relocating them to another place on your own lot and building walls around them? Unless I am missing something you're not cheating to begin with and do not need the team's permission.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9436 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:34 AM »
You're simply relocating them to another place on your own lot and building walls around them? Unless I am missing something you're not cheating to begin with and do not need the team's permission.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. I just wanted to check, but thanks anyway!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissMagicMoon

• Nooboo
« Reply #9437 on: February 18, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked, but after going through about half the forum, I couldn't find anything relatively close.

I'm considering having my Gen 2 sim being self-employed in Painting. Are there any requirements for having a sim self-employed?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9438 on: February 18, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
Same as a rabbithole. You must reach level 10, and you must supermax a unique skill (I assume that, in this case, you're going with painting.)

Otherwise, not that I recall, and I had quite a few self-employed sims.

Offline MissMagicMoon

• Nooboo
« Reply #9439 on: February 18, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
I had a complete brain fart. I forgot about the added self employment that comes with the Generations Expansion pack. I uninstalled it when I was having disk reading errors and am just now getting around to installing all the expansions. Thank you for the quick response!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9440 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
Self employment actually came with Ambitions, not Generations. Generations did add the Daycare career, though, and I believe that one caps at level 5.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #9441 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Self employment actually came with Ambitions, not Generations. Generations did add the Daycare career, though, and I believe that one caps at level 5.

Does that mean we can't use daycare as a unique career for our immortals then?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9442 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
Daycare is still considered as self employed, so yes you can use daycare as a unique career.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9443 on: February 19, 2014, 01:07:35 PM »
And the fact that Daycare caps at 5 is a limitation of the game, and not anything the players have control over. Pretty much for self employment, "reach the top of the career" is usually level 10, that is the only one that does not progress beyond level 5, so the Challenge Team can hardly hold it against you.

If they did, I'd beat them all with a box of bendy straws. ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9444 on: February 19, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »
Can you imagine if the daycare goes up to level 10?  That's going to be torture, taking care of like 20 kids?   :o

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9445 on: February 19, 2014, 06:44:48 PM »
Baby Boomer practice files! ;D

Offline MissMagicMoon

• Nooboo
« Reply #9446 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »
I've run into kind of an odd issue. My founder sim got married to a townie, but I can never get the 'move in' interaction with him. I'm able to ask him to be a roommate, but that's a slight problem as I need to be able to control him.

Has anyone heard of this or does anyone know how to fix it?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9447 on: February 19, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »
Shouldn't he be in your household already if you married him?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline AceFace

• Nooboo
« Reply #9448 on: February 20, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
I've run into kind of an odd issue. My founder sim got married to a townie, but I can never get the 'move in' interaction with him. I'm able to ask him to be a roommate, but that's a slight problem as I need to be able to control him.

Has anyone heard of this or does anyone know how to fix it?

I had a similar issue in one of my games recently. "Moving In" is different than being a roommate, and as far as I am concerned the UL Roommate ability is buggy. You cannot ask a roommate to move into your house permanently. You need to use your sim's phone, look for an option that has to do with housing and select 'disable roommate feature' and that will force all roommates to move out. If you simply ask your sim's husband to move out, another roommate will be generated because the game will assume that you want one. Once that sim is moved out, then you can go about fulfilling the meter on the upper left to where you get the 'x thinks y is being sociable', then you should get the 'move in' option. (At least, that was what worked for me! It didn't work even when they were at 'x thinks y is extremely irresistible'... for some reason it had to be the friend meter, not romantic.)

Hope that helps!  ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9449 on: February 20, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
When you marry the townie, didn't you get the popup option to move him in?