Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979793 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9405 on: January 27, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
Checked with the boss, he is ok with the interactive loading screen for dynasties.  Just remember it's a "no" for tournament challenges, but perfectly fine for dynasties.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9406 on: January 28, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
Until late last night my time, (6 or so hours ago) the game wasn't allowing me to get the latest patch. I have since noticed that
* the sims seem to be moving much quicker,
* my Gen 2 heir absolutely flies through her homework (I selected her to do her homework with her future spouse, and before he could even sit down, she had completed her homework - previously she plodded along with her homework at the usual rate), (Others in my family seem to do their homework at the usual rate)
* she seems to have that super fast skilling bug that was common place a little while ago. Alchemy is her supermax, that is the skill she is learning, and like her father, she's a witch. (Others in my family seem to be raising skills at the usual rate) (When her father, Jon Lessen, learned alchemy, he also had the gatherer trait and didn't fly through the levels).

I'm mostly concerned about points 2 and 3 above.

Her traits are gatherer, loves the outdoors, loves the heat and friendly. The family has the motive mobile and a couple of moodlet managers, and one of her unique LTRs is the magical vacuum, which gave her an icon, but no actual vacuum in the family inventory (she got it as a child, which was the mistake on my part).

She seems to be the only one effected (her mother (Founder) is currently raising athletic skill and it is going at the usual rate. I have sent gen 2 to raise athletics, and it doesn't seem to be raising overly quickly.

Are there any legitimate ways for me to fix up the super fast skilling issue? If not, I'll deal with it and hope it doesn't go down through the generations.

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9407 on: January 28, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
The homework thing happens with teen witches, sometimes they get singed from it as well, it's an odd witch quirk and took me a while to realise how my kids were getting singed.

I can't say I've noticed any skill speed up as yet, although I had a vamp learn 5 levels of piano in a night but well he's a vamp, i've not played with them much but I know they skill fast and there was also an incense burner in the room, ironically he was Jon Lessen as well  ;D So virtuoso to boot, I shall keep an eye out for that though, I hope it isn't back again.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9408 on: January 28, 2014, 03:37:44 PM »
Thanks Turoskel

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9409 on: February 02, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »
Can PlantSim spares try for/plant kids?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9410 on: February 02, 2014, 06:34:56 PM »
I don't see why not, as long as you keep household space in mind.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9411 on: February 05, 2014, 03:04:03 AM »
Weird question ...

I throw a clone drone potion at a townie (paparazzi in this case) doubling up on the fun of having them around the place. If I manage to make best friends with both of them, can I count both drones as best friends when it comes to meeting immortality criteria, or do the 6 best friends have to have different names?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9412 on: February 05, 2014, 11:32:53 AM »
You're right, that is a weird question :P

A good one, though. My personal feeling is you should be able to count both, since they are two separate people who just happen to share the same name. Assuming that clone drone doesn't turn them into Siamese twins, that is. ;D

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9413 on: February 05, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
I agree with Shirin, though I would make a note in your thread that they are totally separate people. The game can occasionally give two separate sims the same names, especially when it comes to party dancers, because their names are picked from a very limited pool.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9414 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »
Weird question ...

I throw a clone drone potion at a townie (paparazzi in this case) doubling up on the fun of having them around the place. If I manage to make best friends with both of them, can I count both drones as best friends when it comes to meeting immortality criteria, or do the 6 best friends have to have different names?

Yes, sounds okay to me.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9415 on: February 08, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »
ok thanks all.

Another question

Can the opportunity you get from the Time Traveler to repair the portal count towards black ops for an immortal?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9416 on: February 08, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »
If it takes up one of the regular opportunity slots, then yes it does.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9417 on: February 11, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
Thanks Trip.

One further question for now.

I have purchased Prism Art Gallery, Roaring Heights and the Boardwalk.

I haven't played the Oids since purchasing them.

I'm fairly certain that I can place the Boardwalk in Riverview when I next go in to the game, but what about Prism Art Gallery and its contents, have any decisions been made as to whether or not that will be permitted for use within Immortal Dynasties and any parts of it which are banned?

Dek

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9418 on: February 11, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
No decisions have been made regarding the Prism Art Studio and its content, though I played with glassblowing in a for-fun file, and it didn't seem to do anything that would break the spirit of the Immortal Dynasty. No life extending interactions/objects, and even though it doesn't really matter, it's not a huge moneymaker either.

The Artisan skill that comes with glasslowing does not have any skill challenges and therefore isn't supermax-eligible.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9419 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:24 AM »
I've just discovered a bug with money trees and the gatherer trait. Someone asked about it a few days ago and another person said that it is a known problem (Obviously not to me until two days ago). Is there a solution, like getting permission to trait swap, or do I need to continue frantically finding special seeds.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.