Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971624 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9465 on: February 26, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »
Also, I'm wondering how much time elapsed from game start to the spouse moving in? It's been my experience that skilling up in painting to level 7 doesn't take that long after all.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9466 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
Hey thank you all! You mean I don't have to marry him at the beginning, but eventually. It took me long to get my sim marrying the guy because she was busy with her skilling and career!

At first I thought my founder's skill+career+lifetime wish would be cooking, but now I'm not so sure, as cooking is something a child can learn. I was thinking about making the founder a firefighter so she could have a place to live in at the beginning!
ĄPura vida!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9467 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »
You don't need to be a firefighter to use their facilities. And yes, you really can take your sweet time actually marrying your intended. Some people just prefer to marry their founder as soon as possible.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9468 on: February 27, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »
That is correct. My personal preference is to take the first day or two of scouting out the intended, increasing the relationship, then striking in the dark, when the intended least expects it, and carries the sweetheart back to the field o' emptiness lovely dazzling castle. Chateau du Immortal

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9469 on: February 27, 2014, 03:17:12 AM »
Ah, yes, the beautiful vista. Someone really knows how to live in an empty field.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9470 on: February 27, 2014, 09:12:57 AM »
Lol! The beautiful vista is great, but my poor Sim got a bad sunburn the first day from napping in the open! After that, she went to the elixir shop to nap! Or I can always find her a wealthy Sim to marry, in spite of his traits, for those I can change eventually... I wanted to find her s husband that would give her the "attractive something moodlet". Hmm...I just have to stop comparing Sims with real life!
ĄPura vida!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9471 on: February 27, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »
In DV, Siobahn Murphy has the artistic trait and is around level 3 in painting when the game starts if you want someone with experience and the trait (she also has a pretty high ranked job). I know that the homeless townies tend to have high skills in gardening, logic, fishing, and/or cooking as well as having excellent traits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9472 on: February 27, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
The empty field, the sunburn etc is why I go for 'loves the outdoor' and 'loves the heat' as two of my founder's traits. :) Of course, them being the angler helps as well.

Since moving the Remington Ghosts (the ones from Aiden and Hannah Jones' house, not the one buried in the Riverview Cemetery) to my lot, they've all been out of their graves for at least one night, using everything I have laid out for the use of ghosts and paparazzi. One thing I've noticed is that none of them will use the tents, which is probably a good thing. Presently Cody and Eileen are out and about.

If you are a male, you can actually wait until you have become immortal before giving birth to your heir if you so desire. And the mother of your heir could be the child of two original townies born within your house or, if you really want to wait, the grandchild of four original townies born within your house. Although that latter one would probably do even my head in LOL

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #9473 on: February 27, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »
If you are a male, you can actually wait until you have become immortal before giving birth to your heir if you so desire. And the mother of your heir could be the child of two original townies born within your house or, if you really want to wait, the grandchild of four original townies born within your house. Although that latter one would probably do even my head in LOL

Gosh darn it, now I want to go and try that as a 'practise' for my ID coming up soon. Even though my founder's gonna be female in that one. Just want to see, y'know?

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9474 on: February 27, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »
At first I made my founder a girl, but then I think there are more advantages with a man.

I could make him a witch with a cat and use alchemy as max skill, carreer and LTW, right? The only restriction with alchemy, as far as I'm concerned, is that you can't throw life changing elixirs to townies as they prolong their life.

As in moving sims in, it doesn't have to be the future spouse then...
ĄPura vida!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9475 on: February 27, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
At first I made my founder a girl, but then I think there are more advantages with a man.

I could make him a witch with a cat and use alchemy as max skill, carreer and LTW, right? The only restriction with alchemy, as far as I'm concerned, is that you can't throw life changing elixirs to townies as they prolong their life.

As in moving sims in, it doesn't have to be the future spouse then...

You can't make the cat in CAS, you would have to adopt one.

Also, Alchemy as career and skill provide no OPs. Keep that it mind.
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9476 on: February 27, 2014, 06:47:52 PM »
You absolutely can create a pet with your founder, actually. And alchemy does have one op (the Alchemic Mastery chain, which will fire only if you have the Vault of Antiquity and the Arboretum rabbitholes in town).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9477 on: February 27, 2014, 06:55:31 PM »
You absolutely can create a pet with your founder, actually. And alchemy does have one op (the Alchemic Mastery chain, which will fire only if you have the Vault of Antiquity and the Arboretum rabbitholes in town).

My bad, I thought the rules said you could only create the founder.
- Jessica

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9478 on: February 27, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
When Pets was released, there was a ruling that pets can be CAS, since the amount you get with them is pretty small, considering it's used to buy their stuff.

One thing on my own I saw in the rules was about ITF Genetically Engineering. I know that, obviously, heirs cannot be engineered. Does that ruling also apply to spares and helper offspring (and what about the baby one can get from the Grim Manor set)? My Googlefu fails me.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9479 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
Well, it might be better to adopt a pet when my Sim actually has a house, with the Sim living in the firestation the poor cat got so lonely, even after going to neighbors to "scratch on doors", that it was taken away... I'm starting over again, just because I can't stand that sad moodlet of a crying teddy bear!

His maxed skill will be gardening, then...as I'm not sure how to get the "Vault of antiquity" in Dragon Valley. For career what do you think is better: science or self-employed gardener?

Oh, and he asked Morida to move in with him, but then he had the wish to kiss Siobahn! What was the rule for the moving-in thing, that I can't find it? Tha only rule I find is that noone can be moved out. Can I move in more than one sim, but not move them out again?

And Deklitch, great idea giving them the "loves the heat" trait, thanks!  It gives him a good moodlet to be in the sun!
ĄPura vida!

anything