Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979606 times)

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9255 on: December 23, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
If you buy the Duke Of Bows Ren Fair from the sims 3 store, you also get a violin and the new violin skill. Can that count as a supermax?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9256 on: December 23, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
If you buy the Duke Of Bows Ren Fair from the sims 3 store, you also get a violin and the new violin skill. Can that count as a supermax?

Are there skill challenges for the violin?  I may be mistaken, but it seems to me there are no skill challenges for the violin, and if that's the case, it wouldn't be possible to supermax it (since supermax means to maximize the skill and complete all skill challenges).

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9257 on: December 23, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »
The Violin skill doesn't count, because it doesn't have any skill challenges attached. This was officially ruled some time ago.

And while Schip beat me to the punch, I did find the official ruling:

The Violin Skill is not eligible as a possible Supermax due to it's lack of challenges.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9258 on: December 27, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
Okay so a female sim can get pregnant up to the day before their elder birthday, then her birthday is postponed until the baby is born.

Would that count as life extension and therefore is banned?

If so how late in adulthood can a female sim get pregnant without delaying their elder birthday?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9259 on: December 27, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »
I asked about it before, and it isn't banned.

Females can get pregnant on the day before their elder birthday, but not the day of it.

Offline mysteriousways143

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9260 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
I asked about it before, and it isn't banned.

Females can get pregnant on the day before their elder birthday, but not the day of it.

Thanks Trip that really helps

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
« Reply #9261 on: December 27, 2013, 04:57:50 PM »
I have a quick question my kids and I share the Sims game at home on the same computer .

I'm beginning a dynasty but my kids like to use the cheats and change the options. Is there a way for me to keep the options for my game always the same? I don't want to have to keep changing the options each time I go to play my dynasty.
Missy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9262 on: December 27, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »
I have a quick question my kids and I share the Sims game at home on the same computer .

I'm beginning a dynasty but my kids like to use the cheats and change the options. Is there a way for me to keep the options for my game always the same? I don't want to have to keep changing the options each time I go to play my dynasty.

There are several ways. The safest way is to do a Factory Reset, which will create for you a folder to play your Dynasty. As long as you rename the folder before you play, you essentially have one folder for the kids to play and one for you. The kids folder, they can do anything -- Mods, cheats, options, whatever. None of it will affect your game.

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
« Reply #9263 on: December 27, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
There are several ways. The safest way is to do a Factory Reset, which will create for you a folder to play your Dynasty. As long as you rename the folder before you play, you essentially have one folder for the kids to play and one for you. The kids folder, they can do anything -- Mods, cheats, options, whatever. None of it will affect your game.
Edited: Thanks for your help Seabody. I searched the forum posts and found how to do the factory reset.
Edited: I figured it out! Thanks again.
Missy

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #9264 on: December 29, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
I have  a question about plumbots. Can they not be created at all or can you create them and then kick them out like SimBots?
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9265 on: December 29, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
I have  a question about plumbots. Can they not be created at all or can you create them and then kick them out like SimBots?
Into The Future Updates:

- Traveling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes Young Adult. Travel includes going to University to get a degree or Time Travel (Into the Future).
- The Quantum Power Chamber (Hibernation Chamber) is banned.
- Plumbots are banned.

I'd take this as they can't be created at all and since they become household members, I doubt you'd be allowed to create them and kick them out. A team member might want to correct this but that is what Nutella implied.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9266 on: December 29, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
It is total ban on plumbots.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9267 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
Does that mean the bot making skill is off limits?

Also, do street art commissions count as opps?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9268 on: December 29, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
I think there's a way to supermax Bot Building without building plumbbots, though it's trickier.

Street art commissions count, but the op is always titled "Commissioned Street Art," so it can count only once.

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #9269 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »
It is total ban on plumbots.

Rachel
I'd take this as they can't be created at all and since they become household members, I doubt you'd be allowed to create them and kick them out. A team member might want to correct this but that is what Nutella implied.

Thanks! I may just have to change my plans... it will be hard to use it as a SuperMax. I'll look into how to do it without making a plumbot.
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!