Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941546 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
How many times can we do this challenge??

Let's say I finishes this before Christmas this year can I do it again for next year??

Absolutely. To keep the Dynasty Hall of Fame nice and uncluttered I suppose when that time comes I'll replace a player's first effort with their next effort—assuming the museum score is higher, of course.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
Metro, do the Consignment Store and Collecting skills qualify as an actual supermax skill eventhough there are no skill levels for it but rather challenges to be completed instead ?

No, they do not qualify given you're not maxing anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »
I also had wanted to slow down the beginning, and had come to the conclusion that it would be best to start with a male founder who can generate an heir at a later age. Also, male careers are not interrupted by pregnancy leave.

The serial marriage idea is brilliant. I get a particular kick out of observing Metro find the loopholes in his own outstanding rules. I think Metro's efforts could unintentionally become a template for many other players' dynasties. But our eyes are on all of you brave pioneers who work out some of the issues floating around in all our minds. I can't decide which is more fascinating: watching these beginnings unfold, or participating in it.

As for me, I want to get a successful Legacy under my belt first. :)
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
I started a dynasty and my second generation is in the cradle.  My sim is halfway up the logic ladder.  My question is, can sims learn skills and just not max them?  For instance, my founder has logic locked up, it will be his supermax skill.  Does that mean the next generations can't learn logic at all?  Or just not take them to level 10?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »
I started a dynasty and my second generation is in the cradle.  My sim is halfway up the logic ladder.  My question is, can sims learn skills and just not max them?  For instance, my founder has logic locked up, it will be his supermax skill.  Does that mean the next generations can't learn logic at all?  Or just not take them to level 10?

If your Founder is going to SuperMax Logic, then it means Logic can't be a SuperMax skill for any other immortal, AND Logic cannot be maxed by any other immortal in order to keep your Founder's SuperMax unique and all to himself.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »
If your Founder is going to SuperMax Logic, then it means Logic can't be a SuperMax skill for any other immortal, AND Logic cannot be maxed by any other immortal in order to keep your Founder's SuperMax unique and all to himself.

But the other immortals can learn logic up to any point below level 10, right?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »
That's correct.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
Phew! I was really worried that they couldn't even touch the specialized skills of other immortals.

Could I for example make all my immortals have steel bladder, dirt defiant, hardly hungry and sleep trance as long as they all have 3 others that aren't in common with one another?
And can all my immortals have charisma maxed or logic maxed as long as they have another SuperMax skill each that the others don't have maxed?
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »
Pie, it is my understanding that a maxed skill by any immortal is totally off limits to any other immortal regardless of whether it's maxed or supermaxed, ie. if immortal 1 merely maxed (not supermaxed) the logic skill then that skill is totally off limits to immortals 2 to 8.

You're quite incorrect. I have never said this.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
So does that mean it's the opposite then Metro ? Do you mean then that immortal 1 can max logic, but as long as it's not supermaxed then immortal 2 can also max it themselves or maybe even have it as their supermaxed skill ?

I thought that all immortals are only allowed to touch a duplicate skill providing they don't take it all the way up to level 10 ?

*Is confused now* Please clarify, thanks.

I'm running out of ways to try and say what I've been saying all along in a new way.  ;) But, I'll try.

First of all, no skill is totally off limits whether an immortal maxes or supermaxes a skill — in other words, an untouchable. That does not exist. Everyone clear on that? Something as big as that would be in the rules. It's not.

Second, an immortal's SuperMaxed skill creates two restrictions on other immortals — let's say an immortal SuperMaxed Logic. Okay, that means that any other immortals cannot SuperMax that skill and that for the immortal who maxed Logic to keep his Supermax skill unique, then no other immortal can max Logic. But, they can invest points up to 9 with no issue. Those two restrictions are kind of the same thing—you obviously would not be able to SuperMax a skill without maxing it too but I want to distinguish between the terms so players understand.

What might work best if anyone is still confused is to give me concrete examples of what you want to do. Several of you have done and it's the best situation because I can specifically say, "yes that works," or "No, that won't fly because of..."

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
For Pielord's specific question he could have all immortals max Logic and Charisma provided those two skills were not chosen as a SuperMax choice by anyone. The SuperMax skill cannot be maxed by another immortal.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
Ok I think my brain is broken now, but in an effort to understand all this, I'm going to try and grasp this one more time before my brain totally goes into failure mode.

So it all boils down to the skill being designated a unique identifying skill for that immortal. If immortal 1 supermaxes logic (as you're right, you can't supermax a skill without maxing it) because that's their designated unique skill, then this locks it out for immortals 2 to 8, they can only ever go up to level 9 in the logic skill. However, if the logic skill is not a designated unique skill for any immortal (ie. none of them are planned to supermax it) then I can actually have all immortals running around with level 10 logic skill if I wanted to.

Have I got that right now Metro ? Please say yes, as I fear my brain is going to burst out of my skull otherwise.

Well.....

YES!!!  :D  ;D  ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:50 PM »
Does the first skill they max have to be the Supermax? Probably a No but I like to be certain on these things...  :) Can all Non-Immortals max painting? Or can only one do that? Also if you get paintings of your Spouses can that award points?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Does the first skill they max have to be the Supermax? Probably a No but I like to be certain on these things...  :)

You're right. The qualifying SuperMax skill does not need to be the first immortal skill maxed.

Can all Non-Immortals max painting? Or can only one do that?

My answer is the same as with PieLord's Logic question. All immortals would be able to max painting if painting was never a SuperMax choice.

Also if you get paintings of your Spouses can that award points?

I don't understand. Points for what?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »
If a skill like Painting were considered "free" to all immortals, wouldn't it be possible to unintentionally Supermax it? We'll need to be careful that no immortal like any "free" skill too much?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

anything