Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942124 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
Can all Non-Immortals max painting?

There are no restrictions on the skills practiced/mastered by Non-Immortals like spouses or later-born children.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:21 PM »
If a skill like Painting were considered "free" to all immortals, wouldn't it be possible to unintentionally Supermax it? We'll need to be careful that no immortal like any "free" skill too much?

That's an excellent point. It's up to everyone to make sure that certain skills are NOT SuperMaxed if one wants to have multiple immortals max those same skills. I think for the most part it's not too hard. Typically, with challenges you have to do something out of the ordinary and special — the Strength challenge, the Tutoring and Telescope ones, the Jokes one for Charisma, the Meditation one in Martial Arts. But, then there's something like painting. Painting could be SuperMaxed VERY easily no matter what you did.

------

EDIT: Oops! Thanks, Schipperke.  :D I thought samo was asking me if all immortals could max painting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
But, then there's something like painting. Painting could be SuperMaxed VERY easily no matter what you did.

My thought exactly.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
I have finally got this (maxed skill and when they become off limists,etc) figured out.  Man, I think my brain was about to explode!  This is a very hard challenge.  I started one and I will never make it through generation 1 at this rate.  I am nowhere close.  I think I need to rethink this whole thing.  Maybe I need Agnes.  LOL  I decided to stop playing it and try to figure out a way to get through that first generation.  We are so poor - I have no clue how I would ever buy any business.  THEN there is the issue of the ambrosia.  

I have never not gotten a girl with the watermelon.  Now if they sneak in any apples such as by sticking them in the pancakes you are sunk and it seems to be a toss up.  I make sure to take them out of their backpack and out of the fridge.  You have to watch them like  hawk.  I tend to do the three watermelon but sometimes if I really want a girl I will buy five just to make sure.  LOL

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
I have never not gotten a girl with the watermelon.  Now if they sneak in any apples such as by sticking them in the pancakes you are sunk and it seems to be a toss up.  I make sure to take them out of their backpack and out of the fridge.  You have to watch them like  hawk.  I tend to do the three watermelon but sometimes if I really want a girl I will buy five just to make sure.  LOL

You're probably not eating enough watermelon.  Three doesn't cut it.  Have her eat non-stop watermelon from the time of conception.  Don't let her eat anything else.  You will most definitely get a girl that way.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »
That's an excellent point. It's up to everyone to make sure that certain skills are NOT SuperMaxed if one wants to have multiple immortals max those same skills. I think for the most part it's not too hard. Typically, with challenges you have to do something out of the ordinary and special — the Strength challenge, the Tutoring and Telescope ones, the Jokes one for Charisma, the Meditation one in Martial Arts. But, then there's something like painting. Painting could be SuperMaxed VERY easily no matter what you did.

------

EDIT: Oops! Thanks, Schipperke.  :D I thought samo was asking me if all immortals could max painting.

Wait, why can't any one supermax a free skill? If painting is not any of my immortals unique skill why can't it be supermaxed?

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:37 PM »
Pam I guess I said it wrong.  I always get my Sims to have girls with the three watermelon.  ALways.  A few times they ate apples on the sly and that messed it up but when I watch them and they don't eat the apples the 3 have always worked.  I tend to like the girl babies.  LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
My sim must be the oddball then.  I had her eat watermelon, because I was tired of boys.  She ate it until I thought she would pop.  Every time I thought it about it I made her eat it.  She had a boy anyway.  It is getting frustrating, because I want a little girl, but I guess my sim wants it her way, lol.  This has happened a couple of times.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »

Wait, why can't any one supermax a free skill? If painting is not any of my immortals unique skill why can't it be supermaxed?

Painting could not be SuperMaxed IF any other immortal had already maxed it. If the highest painting skill level from immortals was 9, then yes, one of your immortals could max it and follow up with the skill challenges for SuperMaxing. But, in that case you'd really have to keep a watchful eye on other immortals to make sure they'd never even approach the easel.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: August 26, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »
Painting could not be SuperMaxed IF any other immortal had already maxed it. If the highest painting skill level from immortals was 9, then yes, one of your immortals could max it and follow up with the skill challenges for SuperMaxing. But, in that case you'd really have to keep a watchful eye on other immortals to make sure they'd never even approach the easel.

But they couldn't do that if they'd already supermaxed something (right?). That would be likely, because the early immortals have been around so long, they'll have skilled up a lot.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »
But they couldn't do that if they'd already supermaxed something (right?). That would be likely, because the early immortals have been around so long, they'll have skilled up a lot.

Yeah, it's going to be a real challenge finding ways to keep those wrinklies busy.  It's hard to visualize just now, early on when everyone is scrambling to get things done, but I think keeping the elders occupied and away from other sims' SuperMax skills is going to be hard.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:25 PM »
Yeah, it's going to be a real challenge finding ways to keep those wrinklies busy.  It's hard to visualize just now, early on when everyone is scrambling to get things done, but I think keeping the elders occupied and away from other sims' SuperMax skills is going to be hard.

I plan on having mine veg in front of the TV, or playing in the sprinklers  :D

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:23 AM »
If that's the case, I'll lose interest long before I reach Gen 8. Don't forget you can skill up by watching TV.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2010, 03:01:37 AM »
OK so you are saying that if painting is not one of my immortals unique supermaxed skill I can't supermax it at all? Because that is not in the rules, it just says that the immortal needs to max one unique skill and do all skill challenges.
Example
gen.1 supermax gardening and painting
2 supermax fishing and painting
3 supermax photography and painting
4 supermax cooking and painting
and so on.
Please clarify.

Noobertuber

« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2010, 03:07:14 AM »
One question about a requirement

•4. Each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property purchased by one generation must be fully upgraded before Ambrosia can be eaten.

This requires ambitions is the problem here. What if one doesn't have ambitions (Who cares if I am the only one)? Nonambitions players can only buy partnerships/owner's deeds to 11 places, all of which are rabit holes.

Also, salty, did you eat before the pregnency moodlet came about? Or after?

anything