Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764042 times)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »
I'm going to bookmark this thread in an attempt to improve my building skills.

When we're done building, do we reply here with the lot or do we PM the Client?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »
Up to you really. Although if the Client is happy with it I'd like to know so I can take down the Request.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:44 PM »

Pretty please with a cherry on top, could someone build me a CAW map that:
  • I can further edit in CAW
  • Has pre-routed roads (and pavements!)
  • Has lots of flat land to build on.
  • Has a beach or two
  • Has the landscaping and whatnot done for me, including trees, water effects, air balloons and what not.
  • Has no lots! I want this world to be a canvas for my lots, that includes rabbit holes! Also, please let me do the collectable/fish spawners myself!
  • Simply looks nice! :)
  • Is lush and a mainland.

I have no store stuff but all EPs and SPs.
I know it may seem like a lot, but I'm worth it! :P All payments will be made in virtual hugs. :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
Joria, sounds awe-so-me so far! Loving your ideas, I'm sure my legacy family will too. That sounds like a huge amount of work - are you sure you don't want a cup of coffee? ;D I'll download anything from the store that's free, but unfortunately my Simpoint count stays at an eternal zero. ::) I think you should ask Naga about that last bit. He knows better. ;D

AHA!  For a legacy!  The missing piece of the puzzle and now it all comes clear.  Unlike the eternal murk of BP.  So what you really want is something that can also be a bit more kid friendly, since you need stuff for legacy kids, and a place where you can build your large legacy house or do you want me to build it for you?  If you want me to build it do you want legacy huge or expandable?  Is this legacy for the HOF or just for fun?  (I can use some minor cheats like adding spawn points or harvestable gardens if not for HOF.)

I had thought of putting in an area of tents where homeless folks would gather.  We actually have such a place in Portland.  Then it became premium waterfront property instead!  lol

Welcome to the forum Execution and Lord-of who hates tacos.  lol   Execution although you don't have to post your build here, it's nice for us to see it as well, and you can also post things you built in the swap shop so we can all share.  That goes for you too, Carlito!  I think Anushka is working on something like you requested.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »
Hehe. :D Actually they do have a house, so less work for you. ;D But, of course, if you want to you can build another one, lol. Yep, that's what I want, but assuming Late Night's content is mainly YA and up, while Gen is Teen and down... Both! Bars and clubs (improved with new facilities, settings etc. like the Pink Flamingo) to go along with kid-friendly parks. Well, uhm, HoF is for Dynasties and DecaDynasties only, and I am a die-hard cheater. Cheat away! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
Pretty please with a cherry on top, could someone build me a CAW map that:
  • Has lots of flat land to build on
  • Has a beach or two
  • Has the landscaping done for me, including trees
  • Has no lots
  • Looks nice!

I've noted that Carlos, I'm working on a new Table for Requests soon. I'd also like for you to include some more details, such as Terrain, Lush or Desert? Rabbit Holes, Theme etc. Island? Main Land? All those would be useful for anyone thinking about your Request. If you could edit your Original Post or combine everything in one so I can link to just that one then that would be much appreciated.  :)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #381 on: June 20, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »
If anyone has the time, I'd really be thankful for a Florida-shaped peninsula (and some mainland). I fail epicly at CAW, so it would need roads and the like. I'll be building my own everything, so no lots (or rabbitholes, for that matter), no landscaping. The outer reaches of the peninsula should be sandy, the mainland part hilly (but not mountainous) and lush, and the inner part of the peninsula should have a small mountain with rocky terrain around it. If possible, the mountain should have a winding road with room for a lot at the top, though this is optional. Thanks, and if there's anything else I need to add, just tell me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #382 on: June 20, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »
Okay, I've tried to make my original post more obvious. Do not worry about lots or themes, if you reread it, you'll see that I have requested that you build no lots. That means you shouldn't worry about a theme either! Unless of course you pick up one for the landscape such as forest, swamp or whatever seems right. This is really just about getting the things I just can't manage done, so I can do what I like best and build, build, build!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »
Sort of like what Execution wants. 'Cause we noobs be failin'. ;)

Natsuko

« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2011, 04:23:11 PM »
I have a HUGE request. If someone even tries, I'll be thankful.

My request, is for a world, that is modeled after St. Petersburg. Since there are no deserts in Russia (at least that's what I know), the terrain will be lush, also the map should be large. I would like some lots to be modeled off of Russian architecture other lots can be in your own style (if you have one). Please leave part of the world with some small empty lots that are close together, I'm planning on building the little slum area where me and my family lived. I have Generations and Outdoor Living Stuff Pack, please don't use any store content. If anyone could try to tackle at this challenge, I would be grateful! :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
Hehe. :D Actually they do have a house, so less work for you. ;D But, of course, if you want to you can build another one, lol. Yep, that's what I want, but assuming Late Night's content is mainly YA and up, while Gen is Teen and down... Both! Bars and clubs (improved with new facilities, settings etc. like the Pink Flamingo) to go along with kid-friendly parks. Well, uhm, HoF is for Dynasties and DecaDynasties only, and I am a die-hard cheater. Cheat away! ;D

I love you ChronicR!  (hugs fellow cheater lover)  Ok!  *hitches up britches......rubs hands together gleefully......grabs Starbucks.......goes back for croissant...........grabs second Starbucks............dons thinking cap.......and heads to BP*

Oh, btw.  I posted some screenies of my first premium waterfront house in the showboat thread and asked for help there!  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #386 on: June 20, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »
Thanks Carlos! Although you did shoot yourself in the foot a bit, I know what you meant but I had to read it twice, Lol. I think you meant "Has No Buildings"?

• Has lots of flat land to build on.
  • Has a beach or two
  • Has the landscaping and whatnot done for me, including trees, water effects, air balloons and what not.
  • Has no lots! I want this world to be a canvas for my lots, that includes rabbit holes! Also, please let me do the collectable/fish spawners myself!
  • Simply looks nice! :)
  • Is lush and mainland.

Lol allt he Requests come when you want to redesign the Request List.  :D (I'll add you to my Notes, Execution and Natsuko!)

Natsuko

« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
Lol, I just noticed that too :D!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »
Haha sorry, the word l"ots" is ingrained in my brain from years of simming. ::)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2011, 12:06:04 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, 'Lot' is a real word. Honestly, I only learned this a year after I started playing TS2. I was a wee kid back then.