Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 763702 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
I love you ChronicR!  (hugs fellow cheater lover)  Ok!  *hitches up britches......rubs hands together gleefully......grabs Starbucks.......goes back for croissant...........grabs second Starbucks............dons thinking cap.......and heads to BP*

Oh, btw.  I posted some screenies of my first premium waterfront house in the showboat thread and asked for help there!  lol

Hehe *hugs* :D Have fun with Bridgeport! Loading times are awful, though.

So that wonderful house was for Bridgeport 2.0?! I really should have checked this thread earlier than that one, lol. Thanks so much! I'm sure this will be a hit. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2011, 03:04:44 AM »
If you need any help, I'd be happy to if I can. I'm often refurbing the Parks and places there to modernise and make them look healthier.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2011, 03:19:32 AM »
If you need any help, I'd be happy to if I can. I'm often refurbing the Parks and places there to modernise and make them look healthier.

Was it meant for me or Joria? ;D Because I do like your SV Central Park rebuild, but there's none for Bridgeport's. And... I don't think there are any parks in BP? But, really, Bridgeport requires some serious attention to landscaping - it's too rocky. In my opinion, BP 2.0 will be so much more attractive than Bridgeport. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2011, 06:45:23 AM »
Was it meant for me or Joria? ;D Because I do like your SV Central Park rebuild, but there's none for Bridgeport's. And... I don't think there are any parks in BP? But, really, Bridgeport requires some serious attention to landscaping - it's too rocky. In my opinion, BP 2.0 will be so much more attractive than Bridgeport. :)

I agree!  Ok, Waterfront Deluxe is almost done and you have to be very wealthy to afford it.  Lol.  The Grind is well on it's way to looking like a place you'd want to go for some fun and so far I've managed to not use any store items.  *pats self on back*  You did say you have T-Mobile freebies didn't you?

As for parks, we now have TWO in BP.  I put Anushka's perfect garden park in an area that has more residences and close to the kind that are houses not high rises so it fits the area.  Kind of like urban gardens you get on empty lots.  I also put in the kids' playground that came from Generations, ( I LOVE the stuff from there!), near the school and more residences.  I moved the firestation but it's not in any worse of a spot than it was before.  Samoht if you want to tackle that big park with the weird round thing in the middle, (I guess it's supposed to be a band stand, but mostly it's just ugly), that would be one less item for me to fool with and would be greatly appreciated.  Oh, and I forgot my little park to be with the telescopes and picnic benches so that's 3.

I know BP is supposed to have some problems with some of the venues and opportunities not being able to be met.  Is that so?  I don't play that town so don't know much about it.  And I imagine we shouldn't remove any of the existing buildings since it would rather take away from the urban tone.  You can't edit rabbit holes in any way, so no way to upgrade them to look more like they fit in.  So if we were going to put in SV's grocery store, it simply wouldn't look right but maybe could be placed out of town.  Sort of around the edges so to speak.  What about the Bistro?  Is that needed for any particular opportunities or job stuff?  Let me know the buildings that need to be there and I'll try to find a way to fit them in.  It actually isn't that hard.  I'm thinking of removing the consignment shop that's there and using the one from Twinbrook.  That one looks more like it belongs in a city but the lot needed might be too big.  Same with the salon/tatoo parlor.  The one from TB is grungier looking.

Ok, it's 3 am already so, see ya tomorrow.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2011, 06:54:25 AM »
Nope, sorry, I said I have no T-Mobile freebies, I'm afraid. :-/ Sounds awesome so far! Lol, what are cheats for. ;D Actually, yeah, there are some problems with multi-functional buildings, but since it's just a legacy I don't really care. ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2011, 04:38:14 PM »
Check out the cemetary in the swap shop.  New for BP.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
Woo! Thank you Joria, I don't even manage to enjoy the Sunset Valley graveyard remodel as you post a Bridgeport one. ;D Cool!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2011, 05:32:35 PM »
I'm going for 4 days on Friday so won't be around, I'd be happy to help with that Park if you don't mind waiting for a few days, I understand if you don't.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
@ Samoht, I've plenty enough to keep me busy so enjoy your time away and work at it at your leisure.

Here are some of the views of what I've been doing so far.  Please keep in mind these are all works in progress, (except the apartment one which is done and which all I did was recolor).

This first is a view of the relocated Salon and Anushka's Garden.  There is a 30x20 lot next to the garden which may or may not be useable and a 15 x20 lot next to the Salon.  The relocated and landscaped diner is across the street to the left.  You can barely see The Grind behind Plumbob's.

This is the rear of the Diner looking out toward the ocean.  You can clearly see The Grind and the little houses going up.  I love our builders who post to the swap shop!  Thank you Phyre for this little gem of a house!

Uneven ground?  Use a foundation!  Fortunately rabbit holes are moveable!  As you can see, the locals still use the moved rabbit hole and maybe even will enjoy the extra dining area.  The landscaping needs something but I didn't want to get too flower garden-y with this one.

Rear view of the bayside houses and The Grind.  I need suggestions for the landscaping behind The Grind.  That area is town property and not lot property and it is very bleak and grey and ugly.  I put some picnic tables there, some rocks and some trees but I think the trees may be a bit overwhelming.  My intention was to get the windswept look trees on the coast have.  The smaller cypress trees were a bit too small but I may have overkilled with the big ones.  The swamp grass is my attempt to soften the grey stone of the houses and it's rather like what you see in the various sloughs off the Columbia River.  Suggestions welcome!

Front view of tiny lots/houses.  The trees seem to overwhelm this house but I'm thinking one of the lots next to the peach house could be "green space".  A few more larger trees, maybe a micro park or kiddie play ground.  Or maybe once I build another luxury home there it will be ok.  Suggestions please.  Oh, I'm also thinking of adding a fence around the cube house to set off that bright green so it is obviously a landscaped area.  Right now that green is just too bright and needs containing.

SOOOO much grey/green/grey areas in BP.  Portland is a city of hills and high rises but it is so very green and lush compared to BP!  So I thought, ok, put in a tourist attraction, Simhenge, add some trees lined up along that path and throw in a picnic bench or two and it looks like a slightly ignored green space.  I'd rather have used regular plain benches under the trees but since it wasn't a lot I couldn't access them.  The bright, orange tree seems to stick out like a sore thumb but it is right across from the stadium.  I added some of those trees in sidewalk areas along the stadium, not many just enough to make the lonely orange tree fit in.  You have to see the whole thing to understand, but it works.  Again, going from what I know in our area.

Another view of the same area so you can see the picnic benches.  Sure wish they weren't so white!  You think another line of trees?  Or maybe break up the small ornamental plum trees with those little purple leafed ones?
More large shrubbery bushes in that grey stone area?  The problem is, the more you do the longer it all takes to load.  You can also see the garden by the apartment that I remodeled.  Just made it a tad brighter with some flowers and added a couple of fountains and benches.

Closer view of that garden.  It looks like one of our Portland small park areas including the rose bushes.  The apartment itself is just a recolor of what was there already.

My favorite area.  This used to be where the diner was.  I mean.  Who travels all that way to go to a DINER?  However, to go on a picnic and do some whale watching, now you've got folks visiting.  It's not done so any suggestions are welcome.  Potty area?  More picnic benches?  Just plain seating?  A central fountain or something?  Don't want to put too much in here so we don't take away from the view or purpose of the area.

That's it for now.  I'll work on that luxury house today and post it to the swap shop after I hear your suggestions/changes.  I'll post more pix of the house in the showboating thread .

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Fantastic, Joria, it is incredible! Every Sim will enjoy each piece of it, it is super amazing.

You have done great job with the landscaping, I love Twinbrook's, and BP 2.0's looks similar, it's more than awesome for me. Especially liking how you managed to combine everything together - very convenient, yet not a pile. Perfect.

Thank you so much for all this wonderful hard work, Joria, you truly deserve a prize. I could never cope with this city! I bow to you.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #400 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »
Awww. (blushes) Thanks ChronicR.  It's definitely more fun than doing baby boomer.  lol

Ok, here's one that is a bit of a pile.  I look at it this way.  This is Olde Town.  The part of the city that hasn't quite yet met the 21st century.  There is a bit of Old World charm about it, somewhat mitigated by the abandoned factory across the street and the high rise apartment on the other side of the side street.  Not to mention the nearest neighbor is a dive!  Waylon's Haunt Dive Bar is this itty bitty bar on a ginormous lot with an additional derelict building on one side.  At first I thought to use that building but it wouldn't accomplish what is needed for doing opportunities that can only be done in specific buildings.  Still working on getting all those buildings placed somewhere without too much crowding and still looking big city.  This area however, this is where those folks who sit on their stoops and talk about "remember when" things.  I wasn't sure it would work.  I knew the buildings would fit, but would folks use them?  A resounding yes they will as witnessed by a townie outside the Bistro.  Waylon's, at the moment, is too light and clean.  So eventually I'll darken all the brick and stone work but I left it light so it would show up better.

This is still a wip.  I think Sharma Day Spa can fit behind Waylon's and the green area will just be a park like green space.  A nice quiet place to read and chat with the neighbors of a certain age.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2011, 02:05:19 AM »
Fantastic, Joria, again. I adore your ideas. This place is one my cooks and gardeners will love. Oh, and the certain neighbors as well. I believe you should rename the town "Incredibleton". No, really.

Oh, and please call me Chronic, lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2011, 05:25:00 AM »
Pink Flamingo, aka the Grind, is done and in the Swap Shop.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
Incredible Joria, I am fascinated! Oh, and great news... :)

Thomas, could you please, uhm, add it to my request that I also have Outdoor Living. Of course *cough* when it's up *cough*.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »
Incredible Joria, I am fascinated! Oh, and great news... :)

Thomas, could you please, uhm, add it to my request that I also have Outdoor Living. Of course *cough* when it's up *cough*.

Is this the BP request you are talking about?  lol  Waylon's Haunt complex is now done and active.  As a matter of fact, I've been noticing much more activity in BP since I put in new lots and changed some things around.  It's like it's coming alive.  I've put some lots in some rather strange spots.  Uneven ground being the biggest hazard, but they are actually quite buildable.  You just need to make sure you use a foundation and the terrain smoother to get things looking right. 

I've put some lots around one of the lakes and there is a luxury house, built by Danefaith, on the lot.  I had to change the landscaping around the house to make it fit in with the general landscaping and to accomodate the uneven terrain.  No magnolia tree, for instance.  I changed nothing else about his house as it was perfect to start with. 

I added a couple of benches and grills to the viewing area I built, not the one already there.  I did not want to do too much to it since it is a venue that people can buy and improve, thus getting more income from it.  I decided to NOT improve the existing view point and lodge or other park areas for the same reason.  The exception being the big city park which Samoht said he'd work on.

I had planned on putting in the Cleanesque laundromat but the new EP will have a better, buildable laundromat that might be more modern looking.  Cleanesque really doesn't fit in as far as I can see.

Aquarius has been slightly upgraded by adding more seating and improving the rest rooms.  Once I was done I realized I should have left it alone since it is a buyable venue.  With that in mind, except for adding lots, sprucing up greenspace, and maybe building some houses, there is really nothing further to do with BP without taking away from future income.

I built a starter home on one of those little lots on the breakwater strip.  I thought it was ugly but apparently the npc who bought it thought it was just right.  lol  I'm going to finish my 10x15 mini-mansion but then there is really nothing left to do.  Is there anything specific you want done in your new BP?

----------
My No Buy Story

anything