Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129373 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #375 on: February 25, 2015, 10:40:44 AM »
Sounds like a plan!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:55 AM »
I don't think any of us were expecting any sort of new update to TS3, but there is going to be an Origin patch that releases the Expansion and Stuff Pack Manager.

From what I can gather, this program more-or-less has the same functionality as the Sims Selector 3.0. However, without any knowledge of how well it works, and knowing that it's a PC-only release at the moment, I ask that dynasty players hold off on using it until I can get a look at how it functions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »
(Late) Final Thoughts on the New "Patch"

- It does not affect actual gameplay aside from being able to pick and choose EPs, so players don't need to patch up if they don't want to/can't.

- However, I recommend that players use the new official way of picking EPs if they can. But don't fret if the old third-party game selector is the only one that works. Stuff happens.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #378 on: May 23, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
Is 'The Collection' shared between the king and queen, or do they each have to have their own collection?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:14 PM »
For each reproduction day, the king and queen have to provide a collection of 5 objects.

For example on reproduction day 1, you could choose caught fish. King can catch 4 fish, queen can catch 1 fish, that's the collection of five objects.

reproduction day 2 could be paintings. Queen can paint 3, King can paint 2.

It is one collection of five objects of a specific type between the two of them for each reproduction day, with each of them providing at least one object to the collection ie Queen can't provide all 5 plants nor can king write all 5 masterpieces.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2019, 06:44:11 PM »
Thank you

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2020, 03:58:17 PM »
So I recently started playing Sims 3 again and decided to give this another go, last try was back in 2014 according to my old saves.

So I'm quite a way into it and just had a disaster, caking up six kids and the last kid to blow out the candles started a birthday cake fire  ::)

So five kids are already waiting to twirl into teens and now two are also on fire, parents can't seem to put them out so first kid to age I gave brave and they started fighting the fires, one kid in flames twirled and her brother put her out, the other kid ran out of time and now is a pile of ash on the floor  :'(

I read the entire thread before I started and I know if a parent dies it's game over but what about the clones, I'm guessing I can carry on without her but can I bring her back?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »
@Turoskel: the rules don't mention death at all (not even for your monarchs but yeah, you need the both of them alive, it's a foregone conclusion) and this has never been brought up before. Unfortunately the only ruling that feels fair is to carry on without her. What a way to return to the game though, huh!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2020, 04:30:01 PM »
Thanks Trip, Oh well her ghost can lurk about I suppose.

I had a cake fire on my second batch of kids too, mother caught alight while holding a baby and couldn't put her out either but she just singed thankfully.

This is actually attempt 5 or 6 since I decided to try again, my memory was rusty and I kept restarting as things came back to me, this time was going quite well until now, the current kids would have put me at 25 clones before the fire.

Next time I batch cake them I'll have separate tables spaced way apart just to be safe, and perhaps fireproof homestead for the next LTR I get.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #384 on: March 28, 2020, 06:43:48 AM »
Bugger, just realised I did something wrong and I'm on my last lot of kids too  :'(

I was reading Nutella's dynasty and noticed best friend by the drones names, so I checked the rules again and realised I totally missed the edit town best friend requirement, which means I failed around the time I had the cake fire, 18 kids ago  ::)

Going to finish it anyway, it's just not going to be a hall of fame one, maybe I'll try again later.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: March 28, 2020, 07:07:15 AM »
@Turoskel: sorry to hear that, thanks for being honest, and who knew a cake fire was not the worst yet to come? :'(

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2020, 08:24:36 AM »
I'd only be cheating myself if I wasn't honest, I like the fact I can get to the end despite all the things that drive me bonkers, I took the beds away for this last group as the constant pillow fighting was driving me mad, in a non dynasty game I'd have a mod to stop that. Advantage of aliens is they don't need beds once they hit teen.

I'm already thinking of things I'd do differently, I did learn some things while doing this and I now have the entire thing mapped out just need to change the things that didn't work well.

I do have one question I hope somebody can help with, I had a drone set to do the band career, his siblings also learnt instruments so he could form one but the option never showed up on any of them, I googled it and realised I had no venue in town so switched him over to lifeguard (it works sort of on Lunar Lakes but only by doing athletic to get a promotion).

Long after that group of drones had moved out I had my founder visit one of my earlier drones, and the 'ask to form band' option was there, but he was a criminal who had done cooking as his max skill, he might have learnt an instrument on the multitab when he was home of course, but can you not form a band within your household? does it have to be non-household members?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2020, 09:27:59 AM »
@Turoskel: I've definitely gotten the band option between household members though I've never tried the career and honestly questioned if it even existed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
@Turoskel  The only time I've had a problem with Form Band was if one of them was still a teen. Seems only adults qualify.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »
I could of sworn they were YA's but maybe not, can't really remember now, but I will bear that in mind next time, thank you.

Also just got my last six ready to leave only to realise there's still seven houses, curse that child who died  :P

Going to restart now anyway.