Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130361 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
I'm also a mean, slave driving watcher. I'd like to think I'm super-nice in real life, but most of my employees are scared of me. I think it's because I'm awesomely intimidating.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »
Right then, a question.

Meteor strike happened after King and Queen tried for baby for second time, but before Queen gave birth. The strike resulted in 1 enormous and 4 large space rocks. If I send King and Queen to analyse them in some order following the Queen giving birth, can they count as the third RD collection? Or does the timing of the meteor strike prevent this from happening?

If it prevents it from happening, no skin off my nose, as I'll just analyse and sell them instead :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #362 on: February 01, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
Analysing them after her birth is fine by me.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »
Thanks ... after the values of the first two RD collections (151 and 5000 respectively) that one will really pump up the value :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
The RD collection value isn't scored. What's scored is your Domination time.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #365 on: February 05, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
The RD collection value isn't scored. What's scored is your Domination time.

I know Lisa :) I was just making a comment.

And just as another comment ... ironic to see ghosts in the ghost hunter career :)

King: Great Great Great Grand Daddy John ... Great to See Ya

John: Of course it is my ...

*Sucking noise as John gets pulled into King's Banshee Banisher*

Queen: Cousin Ioda, sorry you can't make the family reunion this year

Ioda: Why?

Queen: Because I have to remove you from these premises.

*Sucking noise as Ioda gets pulled into Queen's Banshee Banisher*

A question/comment though. Does anyone else find with the challenge 'Teacher Extraordinaire' to be incredibly powerful? King (working towards it) and oldest son (YA as well, not level 2 of magician career yet, but has completed that challenge) began tutoring second round of ghost kids at the same time. In the time that King gets one of his second batch of ghostlings almost to an A (10 hours), his eldest son has the next one of his much younger siblings at an A and is almost there with the last of them.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #366 on: February 05, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »
• The King and Queen must assemble one collection of 5 objects. Both King and Queen must each contribute at least one item to the collection, and they must keep these collections for the duration of the game. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to the King and Queen as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 5 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each Reproductive Day’s collection must be a unique item type. Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc; career rewards must be earned before the Reproduction Day they're counting towards), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, fancy festival eggs, samples from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, Nanites, Love Gifts, Potions (from logic skill), Moneybags (from money tree), Star dust, Dark matter, Upgraded items from handiness skill, Cooked dishes from cooking skill, Sketches from drafting table, Prism Art Studio items, Whiteboard drawings, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Quick question: Would sketches from the drafting table count as something seperate than sketches from the University sketchpads?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: February 05, 2015, 07:57:24 PM »
A sketch is a sketch, in my opinion, no matter where you're getting it from.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »
There have been two new collection types added to the list of qualifying collections for each Reproduction Day, after input from users:

The King and Queen must assemble one collection of 5 objects. Both King and Queen must each contribute at least one item to the collection, and they must keep these collections for the duration of the game. These items must be a) created, b) found, or c) given to the King and Queen as freebies/perks as part of a career or being a Celebrity. None of the 5 items can be purchased or made on the Display Table. Each Reproductive Day’s collection must be a unique item type. Qualified Item List — Criminal career objects taken home, Career reward objects (culinary career fridge, law enforcement squad car, Fox statue, etc; career rewards must be earned before the Reproduction Day they're counting towards), celebrity freebies in family inventory, wedding presents, Stolen Items by a Sim (not rabbit hole steals), time travel items, paintings, photos, elixirs, sculptures, beetles, butterflies, turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes, fireflies, gems, metals, spacerocks, fish, relics, inventions, nectar, wildflowers, books, spirits, Gnomes, Lifetime Happiness Reward objects (i.e. teleporter, collection helper), skill certificates, plants, fancy festival eggs, samples from the science skill, street art, seashells, messages in a bottle, Nanites, Love Gifts, Potions (from logic skill), Moneybags (from money tree), Star dust, Dark matter, Upgraded items from handiness skill, Cooked dishes from cooking skill, Sketches from drafting table, Prism Art Studio items, Whiteboard drawings, gifts given by parents to sims in the Daycare career, preserves/jam made by sims via the Canning Station, and any harvestables from Omni Plants.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #369 on: February 21, 2015, 03:54:47 PM »
Do you need to have an equal amount of residential and community lots? Or can you have more residential and miss out on your last few drones having no building/property to buy and upgrade?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #370 on: February 21, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
No, you don't. If you have more homes than properties, then your drones are exempt from needing to buy one in order to move out.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #371 on: February 22, 2015, 03:35:17 AM »
Thanks, Trip.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: February 25, 2015, 06:20:59 AM »
As there are no Ops required for the challenge I wanted to have ITF installed. If my couple pursue the bot making career and the skill challenges that go with it, am I able to upgrade Simbots before kicking them out or would that be illegal?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: February 25, 2015, 07:23:53 AM »
No ops, so ITF is safer to have installed for this dynasty.

With ITF also being the one EP I don't have, I can't make the best judgment on what you can and can't do, but I can issue the blanket statement of "if it will add another being into your household, don't do it."

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »
Ok, I can complete 2/3 challenges and gain money from selling trait chips and nanites to the bot store.

anything