Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 436901 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #900 on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:36 PM »
A famous mis-translation of English into Chinese is a Coke-a-Cola slogun. In English: Coke-a-Cola makes you feel alive! In Chinnese: Coke-a-Cola brings you ansesters back from the dead! And yes, there were lawsuits about that! :D

Wow. Isn't language crazy? And the things people believe!

You know you play too much Sims when you have a limited amount of time to sleep (so you can play Sims in the morning, of course) and you actually consider napping in the rocking chair because it raises Energy faster.

I am glad we got a rocking chair recently, because otherwise I would be just too jealous of my Sims!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Louise56

« Reply #901 on: October 20, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
When you wonder why the room are so dark lol! I was creating a family and lost totalllt track of time. :o
It was already 8pm and I started at 5pm in the afternoon. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #902 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
When the cop who pulls you over because your headlights are off spots a sims 3 game in a bag in your car and then proceeds to have a five minute long conversation about sims.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #903 on: October 20, 2012, 11:47:58 AM »
When you wonder why the room are so dark lol! I was creating a family and lost totalllt track of time. :o
It was already 8pm and I started at 5pm in the agternoon. ;D

Time has become notorious for sneaking up on people while simming... A sure sign that you have been caught, chewed to mince and swallowed with no remaining capacity to resist the tailspin you've been caught in. Yerrrrrr - waaait for it - GOOONE! Hahahaha...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #904 on: October 21, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »
When you dream of living in the house you were building the other day in sims...

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #905 on: October 25, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
When you see a woman walking towards you in the shopping centre and think She looks just like Agnes Crumplebottom. That actually happened to me today ... she had the hair in the style of Agnes, the black dress of Agnes and she looked pretty much like Agnes. I had to stop myself from asking her if her name was Agnes Crumplebottom in part because I was concerned she would say yes, and partly because I thought she'd think I was weird.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #906 on: October 26, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
When you wake up at 2 a.m. and write on your "to do list" to "Send Matthew to game on Saturday".  Well... I had to remember to make my Sim child go to the free game on Saturday because he'll age up on Sunday. 

When you're really, really hanging out for Steam to release Supernatural just so you can get the plants... in the meantime your own real life garden looks like it has succumbed to the drought.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #907 on: October 26, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »
When you're on the bus, you see someone's hairstyle and face, and you think; I could make a great evil-looking sim.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #908 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »
When you're really, really hanging out for Steam to release Supernatural just so you can get the plants... in the meantime your own real life garden looks like it has succumbed to the drought.
Ha, that really made me laugh.  :D

You know you’ve been playing too much Sims when you feel the need to buy Windows 7. Don’t get the connection? I have too many expansions for my XP system to handle but the hardware’s perfectly capable. I need a newer OS to play it safely anymore…
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #909 on: October 27, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »
...When your dad asks what you think of his outfit and you say he looks like he's Christopher Steel from The Sims. And he asks you if that's good or bad. And you say it depends.

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #910 on: October 27, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
...When your dad asks what you think of his outfit and you say he looks like he's Christopher Steel from The Sims. And he asks you if that's good or bad. And you say it depends.
Lol, I had a similar situation happen to me as well.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #911 on: October 28, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »
Ha, that really made me laugh.  :D

You know you’ve been playing too much Sims when you feel the need to buy Windows 7. Don’t get the connection? I have too many expansions for my XP system to handle but the hardware’s perfectly capable. I need a newer OS to play it safely anymore…

Need a new video card. Same reason. /pout
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #912 on: October 28, 2012, 01:34:12 AM »
When you seriously feel your Social bar filling up quite nicely the moment you start up the game... Who needs company? There are many willing Sims! Hahaha...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #913 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:17 AM »
Need a new video card. Same reason. /pout
I have a total of 8GB in RAM but only half of it’s in the computer. XP can only use ~3.1GB.   :(

…When you start falling asleep at the computer. *yawn* I should be in bed by now.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #914 on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:17 AM »
When you seriously feel your Social bar filling up quite nicely the moment you start up the game... Who needs company? There are many willing Sims! Hahaha...
And then you surround yourself with Evil and Mean Spirted Sims. ::)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest