Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428908 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #810 on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
Teapuff, you can use google maps. They have a street view of the houses. That way, you don't have to worry about driving unsafely or looking creepy :) I've used it before to help me design houses from my own neighbourhood, rather than relying on my memory.

Ahg! That is genius!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #811 on: August 15, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
If you're lacking a rear view of the house, you can also download Google Earth. The views are limited, but may help a little. We used Google Earth when we were choosing a house from the houses that were available to us when we moved. It helped to see in real terms the size of the backyard (real estate photos always make things seem much bigger than they are). With kids and a large dog, a decent sized yard is a must.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #812 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »
Oops, I didn't even realized you were talking about google maps  ::) I read Google Esrth instead. That's what I was talking about  ;). It's a great idea!

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #813 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:09 AM »
Teapuff, you can use google maps. They have a street view of the houses. That way, you don't have to worry about driving unsafely or looking creepy :) I've used it before to help me design houses from my own neighbourhood, rather than relying on my memory.

Oh Ive never thought of that before, much better idea than have my neighbours look at me strangely will be giving that a go ASAP :)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #814 on: August 17, 2012, 04:12:57 AM »
You know you've played too much sims when... You know heaps of the stereo songs that are in sim language! And the other day when I was feeling sick, I was like 'Oh no, I've got the nausea moodlet' haha. :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #815 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
You know you've played too much when your mom calls you a 'Sim Zombie', so you save and quit and scurry off to the forum. ;)
And, when all you can talk about is Sims ::)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #816 on: August 17, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
You know you have played too much Sims, when you start a town and instantly know exactly who to avoid and why... And end up a recluse in SV from the get-go. Because nobody there is good enough for YOUR Sim (and then he or she marries one of them anyway!)
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #817 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:46 AM »
Your evil sim just "happens" to pop up a wish to see Arlo Bunch's gost. And you know it's for the greater good if he goes bye-bye. (My pretty sims shall not be ruined by that nose! >:()
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline donatello

• Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #818 on: August 20, 2012, 10:55:26 AM »
I had a sim-nightmare last night... That's a sure sign of over-exposure!
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #819 on: August 20, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
I had a sim-nightmare last night... That's a sure sign of over-exposure!
:oWhat was it about?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline donatello

• Occult
« Reply #820 on: August 20, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »
There was a small weird house across a lot with  a huge mansion and yard, wit a party going on. There was this clueless idiot of a prince obsessing with his future recognition, while he missed the princess he's supposed to marry, hardly 10ft away! In the mean while i'm building an opera house inside the mansion and I simply can't get the ceiling raised... But I populated every seat in the place with cute pokemon-like tiger-teddies... And later the very upset princess makes the stupid female matchmaker (who had to link her and the idiotic prince up) lay paving stones in the attic in darkness with no mortar... It was scary... For real. It was intense in the end.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #821 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »
Tonight I dreamt that I was being created in CAS.  :) CAS was in a room with racks and racks of clothes, shelves of necklaces and bracelets. It was very fun but a mysterious voice was directing me like a puppet and making me wear things I really didn't like.  :D It was a lot of fun!!

Frey

« Reply #822 on: August 24, 2012, 06:52:32 AM »
You know you've played too much Sims when you read "Sim" instead of "sin" (spanish word for "without").  ;D

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #823 on: August 24, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
You know you've played too much Sims when you confuse their days and time with yours.  Today is Friday evening in real life (in Oz anyway) and I just quit the game to go to bed so I'd get an early night for work because I have a site meeting at 7:00 a.m. on Thursdays and it's Wednesday evening in Sunset Valley. 

Probably not all bad news because now I'm trawling through the forum instead.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

thesweetestpea

« Reply #824 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:03 AM »
You know you've played too much Sims when you read "Sim" instead of "sin" (spanish word for "without").  ;D

I do that all the time! I read all sorts of sim terms where they shouldn't be. It's a bad habit...

anything