Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 432935 times)

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #930 on: November 22, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
Hubby and I like to discuss what main five sim traits real life people we know would have. We do it for TV characters too. Like we were watching Big Bang Theory and discussed how i would love to make a Sheldon: Snob, Genius, Neurotic, Neat and Inappropriate.

Also if we have a fight he'll say our relationship bar has gone into the negative, an anology I find very annoying :p

Offline ScarletCape

• Nooboo
« Reply #931 on: November 22, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
To funny Swan!

I know when I've played too much Sims when I imagine that have needs bars above my head and see them decreasing or increasing according to what is happening in my life.

The other day I was at the grocery store and I noticed this odd horrible smell. It was not long and I realized it was another person in the store. I literally could see the green fumes coming off the person and I had to fight not waving my arms and holding my nose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #932 on: November 22, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
I know when I'm playing Sims too much when I'm sitting in History and the words "Heir" and "Dynasty" come up and I just start thinking about my Dynasty.
 And I often start burbling to my friends about Sims and the Forum and they don't have a clue about anything I'm saying!) apart from one friend called Kate who used to play Sims 2 and a bit of Sims 3 and when I start talking about how hard my Dynasties are, she just says "Why don't you just use cheats?" and then I go a little bit crazy  :D

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #933 on: November 22, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »
I know when I'm playing Sims too much when I'm sitting in History and the words "Heir" and "Dynasty" come up and I just start thinking about my Dynasty.
 And I often start burbling to my friends about Sims and the Forum and they don't have a clue about anything I'm saying!) apart from one friend called Kate who used to play Sims 2 and a bit of Sims 3 and when I start talking about how hard my Dynasties are, she just says "Why don't you just use cheats?" and then I go a little bit crazy  :D
Hahahaha, I'd love to meet you Snuffles! You are too cute for words :P
You know you have played sims way too much when you are constantly building houses in your head while you should be drawing a business card on your blank PC screen.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #934 on: November 25, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
On Black Friday, we had someone last name "Steele" and "Singleton" picking up merchendise from Sears.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #935 on: November 25, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »
hehehe and we've all played 'too much' (no such thing) cause we know exactly who they are, or should at least look like :D

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #936 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
you know you play Sims too much when you visit your new nephew and realize everything you know about babies come from the Sims!!!

(edited to add - suggesting to new mom just "throw him in the air and twirl and the diaper should change" is not appropriate.   ;D)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #937 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:52 AM »
When you have a dream that is you stabbing zombies that are playing Sims 3 with a pencil. And the zombies are having placment isssues. :P
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #938 on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »
When you haven't played for over a month and you still have no clear line in your head that separates Sunset Valley from the real world...
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Anna33

« Reply #939 on: December 02, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »
I got a sims head band for my birthday, It has a plumbob on the top of it. One day I mistakenly wore It to school instead of my normal no sims one. Then I called my friends new baby brother a nooboo, she just looked at me like What?

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #940 on: December 02, 2012, 08:05:30 AM »
When you hear thunder and think "I'd better bring the washing in from the line" and get outside to find bright sunshine.  The thunder was in the game!  In my defense, I play with the window blind closed so I don't get glare on the monitor and my door closed because I tend to talk to the Sims on the screen (they are always trying to get in the pool and often neglect eating and sleeping) and my family think that's nuts...
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Louise56

« Reply #941 on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »
I talk to my sims all the time! My family have give up to try and understand my addiction. :P

Anna33

« Reply #942 on: December 02, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
You know when you've played way too much when you have to spend hours updating your Dynasty.
And when you have to look at this thread just to make sure your not the only sim crazy person.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #943 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »
When you hear thunder and think "I'd better bring the washing in from the line" and get outside to find bright sunshine.  The thunder was in the game!  In my defense, I play with the window blind closed so I don't get glare on the monitor and my door closed because I tend to talk to the Sims on the screen (they are always trying to get in the pool and often neglect eating and sleeping) and my family think that's nuts...

That made me laugh Magz. I like the rain and thunder sounds - they are very relaxing (but not when you have washing on the line :D)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #944 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »
I too often literally confuse the game with real life, as far as the sound goes :P

You know you talk too much about the Sims when you tell your mother, "I won exactly what I wanted in the raffle!" and she looks at you blankly and says, "...on the Sims?"

Even worse, she knew I was going to a big event yesterday and her mind still went straight to the Sims. My dad followed that by immediately asking how many views I have on my story. I guess I really do talk about my Sims all the time.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything