Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 434201 times)

kaylajane

Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #480 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:12 AM »
The people in your dreams are sims. Or you've killed the grim reaper. Either way, I've played too much sims.
J.k. you can't play too much sims! It's impossible.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #481 on: November 19, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »
..When you're laptop's fan has been busted, you're waiting on a new one and during this time you get Extreme Sim Withdrawals. Such as - Planning all storylines for all generations of my thirty gen legacy. All storylines. And traits, and names and careers of every sim. This is how bad my withdrawal is. xD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #482 on: November 19, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
..you're not playing the Sims, and you accidentally press one button, which actually makes the game behave more like Sims! (I found a key combination in another game that removes all limitations on scrolling. ALL of them.)
..you're on holiday, can only take one game, decide to take the one that's in your PC, halfway there you realise it's not the Sims, and start pressing buttons like the Sims, even though you only played this game a few hours before. ::)

Sportsfan

« Reply #483 on: November 19, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »
Haha I was on Facebook chatting with someone with the game loading in the background and then it must have loaded all the way and I hit P when I was typing and the game started running! Luckily I realized right away.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »
..When you're laptop's fan has been busted, you're waiting on a new one and during this time you get Extreme Sim Withdrawals. Such as - Planning all storylines for all generations of my thirty gen legacy. All storylines. And traits, and names and careers of every sim. This is how bad my withdrawal is. xD

I'm currently going through this right now! I have to stop playing Sims 3 for a while, because my game kept crashing, and my pets are deformed (that's not the main reason, it's the part where my computer's been crashing, so I've had to give up on dynasties/stories/etc), so I'm using my "reduced Sims 3 time" to plan out a story about Hetty Lionheart. However, Sims 2 is currently keeping me at ease with my specs problems, but pets just aren't the same.  :-\ It's a good thing I love both games equally.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »
I spent most of Language Arts class today imagining what a singing skill would be like in Sims.

A bit off topic, but there is a rumour that the next EP will be called Showtime and a skill of singing will come! I hope these rumours are true. :D

I'm currently going through this right now! I have to stop playing Sims 3 for a while, because my game kept crashing, and my pets are deformed (that's not the main reason, it's the part where my computer's been crashing, so I've had to give up on dynasties/stories/etc), so I'm using my "reduced Sims 3 time" to plan out a story about Hetty Lionheart. However, Sims 2 is currently keeping me at ease with my specs problems, but pets just aren't the same.  :-\ It's a good thing I love both games equally.

I think sometimes it can be a good thing though, cos it's during this time that I get really good plot ideas. :D

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2011, 09:26:46 PM »
I was playing cards with my sister the other day and I randomly started humming one of the pop songs. She asked me what song it was and I said " Oh if you have a stereo in your house then it will be playing on the pop station." She looked really confused for a second and then said " Oh sims, I should've known.
Another time I was shopping with a friend and she was debating whether or not to buy a shirt since she liked the style but not the color. I almost told her not to worry since we could fix that in Create-A-Style, but I stopped myself just in time.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »
I dreamt that my life had a glitch where I couldn't control my brother.  :)
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #488 on: November 22, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »
I was loading the Sims yesterday, and went upstairs to go and see what was on TV during the loading screens. I had my volume set to a kinda loud volume. I saw the TV and it was ads. I thought "Jeez, I didn't turn the volume up THAT loud", and then, it hit me. The TV ad had music from the Sims on it. :o I was pleasantly surprised - I'd probably buy the thing just for that. (Incidentally, I pressed my ear against the TV speaker to be sure I wasn't mad!)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »
So today in my RS class we were discussing "Do people ever change?" and my first thought was, "Sure, if you edit their traits, but it uses up their LTHP!"
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline AnnaGlaid

• Nooboo
« Reply #490 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
1. You start humming 3 different sim songs, each overlapping each other, and your dad tells you to stop humming.
2. Most dreams include: an action bar, control panel, and your sims.
3. The 1 or 2 kids who sim go to you to get advise/help ;).

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2011, 06:47:56 AM »
When you wake up at 4 in the morning because of the rain and you have to be at work at 7 but instead of going back to sleep you decide to play a couple of hours of Sims before getting ready. Only to become so immersed that before you realize it its 6:50. I am so grateful that I work right down the street from my house.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2011, 07:28:02 AM »
I was watching an old tv series this evening, and you know what I thought as the credits rolled? The black on the middle section (it was filmed before widescreen) is the black on the colour palette. The black on the sides, that's the black when you drag the slider all the way across. And I know you don't even need to ask 'which palette?' ;)

Leto85

« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »
... When you're fingers are so used to the shorcuts in the Sims, you use the same in different programs.
Like pressing C to take a picture has a slightly different effect in Microsoft Word... so I've heard somewhere.

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
... When you're fingers are so used to the shorcuts in the Sims, you use the same in different programs.
Like pressing C to take a picture has a slightly different effect in Microsoft Word... so I've heard somewhere.

HAHA! I do the same thing but it's the Tab key for me. I try to pause my dvd's that i'm watching and ofcorse it never works.