Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 102690 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 29- Hammer Time! (Aug 30)
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
Congrats on finishing!  ;D

And, as all simmers should know, the best way to work on your handiness skill is to hammer away at the toilet.

Yep - hammer, porcelain, what could possibly go wrong?

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
Congratulations on finishing. I'll look at your HoF entry after you're done posting the story. Oh, and I loved the homework help.

The worst part is, that is a real answer. My sister and I found a book of the best incorrect exam answers and it is just hilarious. In the math section, there was a triangle with two angles marked and an "x" on the side that the student was supposed to calculate. The student circled the "x" and wrote "it's right here!" Priceless.

Congrats on finishing!  ;D

And, as all simmers should know, the best way to work on your handiness skill is to hammer away at the toilet.

Yep - hammer, porcelain, what could possibly go wrong?

Santos maxed the handiness skill, so, apparently it works just fine  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2015, 09:36:32 PM »
Aqua is a cutie! Congrats on finishing and getting into the Hall of Fame! I will probably never get in there because of my obsession with mods and cc.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
Aqua is a cutie! Congrats on finishing and getting into the Hall of Fame! I will probably never get in there because of my obsession with mods and cc.

Lol  ;D I just started a random town jump for fun and I get to use mods again. Story progression=fun.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »
Chapter 30- Lessons from Grandpa

It's that time again! It is time for the 30th installment of Third Time's the Charm. Yay! This update will be starting off with a bang, as it was time for Cobalt to celebrate his teen birthday.

I'm not sure what that reaction is on Cobalt's face...I'm hoping that it's a good one, but I'm not too sure.

It is slightly obscured by the light, but Cobalt's hair grew up also.

Ah. Much better.

As a teenager, it is far more obvious that Cobalt looks just like Olivine when it comes to face shape. Huzzah for another non-pudding face. For this birthday, he gained the Natural Cook trait.

So, since he was given a new love for cooking courtesy of this most recent birthday trait, Cobalt opted to cook himself breakfast instead of eating cake.

Cobalt: But I'd rather have cake, Watcher.
Malley: Yeah, well, you have 75 meals to cook for your skill challenges that aren't going to make themselves.

Because it was his birthday, Cobalt didn't have to attend school. Instead, he did study up on his recipes while relaxing on his parents' bed.

He was also very attentive to his little sister's needs. How sweet!

I think Cobalt may have just been trying to get out of another tutoring session with Santos, but Santos eventually hunted down found his grandson for yet some more wisdom.

Cobalt: I'm kind of afraid to ask but, Grandpa, how is oxygen loaded, transported and then unloaded through the bloodstream?
Santos: A forklift. Next question.
Cobalt: ...I have no response.
Malley: ...Me either...

Instead of torturing, I mean tutoring Cobalt, I sent Santos off to do something more productive.

Here is Aqua as a child.

I was still rolling traits for spares, so Aqua gained the Ambitious trait on this birthday. She also has the Loner and Perceptive traits. Not half bad.

For some reason, Aqua didn't seem to have that much of a headache working with Santos. Go figure.

Since Santos, Ivy and Clarissa hadn't kicked the bucket yet Because of a lack of space, Aqua and Cobalt would continue to share a room. No longer in need of baby things, the room got a makeover.

Speaking of Ivy, it was time for her elder birthday. Her lifetime wish was Renaissance Sim, so her impending elderhood didn't put on any extra pressure. Nah. Not at all *shifty eyes*

*Sigh of relief* One skill down.

Cobalt seemed thrilled at his grandmother's accomplishments...

Cobalt: Actually, it's time for prom!!

Yep. Cobalt was heading to prom. It was pretty uneventful, except that he was named prom king. No ladies there this time, but he's still got a bit of leeway in that department.

So, between gardening, nectar making and athletics, Ivy completed three skills and thus completed her lifetime wish. Thank goodness.

The skilling, apparently, was contagious because Aqua started working with the chemistry set.

That is all.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 30- Lessons from Grandpa (Sept 2)
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
Instead of torturing, I mean tutoring Cobalt

:D

...And a belated 'congratulations' on completing this.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »
Since Santos, Ivy and Clarissa hadn't kicked the bucket yet

;D. It must be really sad to be a mortal elder in a dynasty.

Aqua's looking lovely - and what great traits.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2015, 08:05:07 AM »
Definitely loving grandpa's great wisdom.  I'll echo the praise of Aqua.  She is a spare I could see stealing the spotlight.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
Instead of torturing, I mean tutoring Cobalt

:D

...And a belated 'congratulations' on completing this.

Thanks, hazelnut! It was great to finish this because it was an actual legit attempt. My first attempt was a trainwreck and my second attempt starting getting glitchy when gen. 1 was a teen, so to actually make it all the way through was quite an accomplishment in my books.

Since Santos, Ivy and Clarissa hadn't kicked the bucket yet

;D. It must be really sad to be a mortal elder in a dynasty.

Aqua's looking lovely - and what great traits.

I know, right? I didn't mind Ivy because she was mostly off skilling. Santos liked Olivine and tried to do the flirtatious joke a time or two, which was annoying and kind of gross. Clarissa was mean spirited so I desperately wanted her to go. Badly.

Yes, Aqua has wonderful traits. I now have trait envy.

I really like how Aqua turned out. For traits, it was kind of a loose rolling. I didn't want to have the spares to all have the same traits, so I would roll again on occasion to get something different.

Definitely loving grandpa's great wisdom.  I'll echo the praise of Aqua.  She is a spare I could see stealing the spotlight.

The worst part was that it was based off of a real answer from an exam  :o Some of the answers that students came up with in that book were priceless.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »
 "Clarissa was mean spirited so I desperately wanted her to go. Badly."

Reminds me of Aliien. Just leave out a jelly bean plant and lock them in the same room while insane people are laughing at them,works all the time.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
"Clarissa was mean spirited so I desperately wanted her to go. Badly."

Reminds me of Aliien. Just leave out a jelly bean plant and lock them in the same room while insane people are laughing at them,works all the time.

I feel like Clarissa knew that I didn't like her because, as soon as Cobalt moved out to house #6, I got the notification that Clarissa died of old age. Just to spite me, she waited until after Cobalt left so I couldn't get any peace from dealing with her mean-spirited antics :o

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »
Chapter 31- How Not to Parent

I have decided that Olivine will be earning the "parent of the year award" in today's episode. Why is she going to be given such a prestigious honor? Well, it had all started over a meal one day.

Olivine, apparently, couldn't handle her ceviche and subsequently shot flames from her mouth and ears. I like spicy food, but this is ridiculous. Anyhoo, poor little Aqua, who was sitting across from her mother, was flambéd.

Ivy proceeded to put out the dining room table flames while Aqua ran to the nearest shower.

Crisis averted. *Collective sigh of relief* And that has been a lesson in "how not to parent."

Olivine was kind of shaken up after the whole incident. She suddenly felt that she had so many worry lines and wrinkles and promptly headed to the nearest mirror to check them out. Apparently, Olivine is having a very, very off day.

Aqua celebrated her teen birthday the next day, though I'm kind of surprised that she even made it to that point based on what happened a short time ago...

Aqua: Hey, Watcher? Must I have candles on my birthday cake?
Malley: I read the ending. It's totally fine.

This face that she's making I'm sure is more for the fact that she was not set ablaze by the birthday cake, as opposed to celebrating her birthday.

Here is teenage Aquamarine.

She gained the Fear of Fire Nurturing trait.

Aqua decided that she would do something relatively safe and take up painting like her parents.

Ivy, however, had other plans for her granddaughter.

Ivy: Get back up there, girl! Is that the best you can do?!
Aqua: Sorry, Granny, I'm trying my best.
Ivy: You want me to break out the blowtorch??!
Aqua: *Runs like a champ*
Malley:  :o

Back inside, Santos decided to take the easy way out of avoiding Ivy's boot camp by taking a one way trip to Grim's World.

I'm not entirely sure what Grim is doing to Santos in this picture, but it doesn't look too good.

The family eventually moved on and I turned my attention to Cobalt's impending adulthood. There were a few girls in school with him, but they were either homeless or a babysitter. Spouse material? Not so much. However, when Cobalt was out one day, he came across a lovely young lady. I stalked followed her home and discovered, well, that she had a home. Future spouse? Absolutely.

Since Cobalt was a teen, things remained platonic for the moment. However, birthday=romance. Until then, Cobalt would be cooking and schooling. Essentially, nothing exciting. Zak, on the other hand, was doing something very exciting. He was completing his lifetime wish!

Hooray! There were even more celebrations when it came time for Cobalt's young adult birthday.

And, once again, birthday means bad hair day.

Taking a cue from his father, Cobalt completed his lifetime wish too. His lifetime wish was Culinary Librarian, which he promptly completed upon aging up. On a side note, what on earth are Olivine and Clarissa doing?

Anyway, here is young adult Cobalt.

His teen look really seemed to suit him, so I just updated it for his young adult age.

Like Aqua, Cobalt's aging up trait was Nurturing.

Stay tuned to meet Cobalt's mystery lady  ;)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 31- How Not to Parent (Sept 7)
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2015, 04:55:57 PM »
Olivine, apparently, couldn't handle her ceviche and subsequently shot flames from her mouth and ears. I like spicy food, but this is ridiculous. Anyhoo, poor little Aqua, who was sitting across from her mother, was flambéd.

That can happen?! :o Poor Aqua! Looks like the rest of the family did well not to get toasted as well.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 31- How Not to Parent (Sept 7)
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »
Well at least her mother taught her an important life lesson, don't eat spicy food.