Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 198228 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »
Does the founder off an education bloodline also need to earn a distinguished degree? Can a sim be accepted into a distinguished degree if starting off as a young adult? Just curious as they will not have a high school GPA, scouts, or starting skill level that would get them accepted into a distinguished program.

If you use the Story mode in CAS, your Sim will get a couple of skill points. You'll have to use the Story mode for all 3 of your founders, though, which you might not want to do. Otherwise, you can play your founder long enough to pick up some skill points before applying to university.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #706 on: December 08, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
Woo, I was waiting on the spellcaster bloodline before starting!
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2020, 09:12:20 PM »
I encountered a terrible snag in the well-educated bloodline. I thought it would be helpful to have my sim start at the beginning of the week. However, she is not going to be able to complete her aspiration without difficulty. In the 2nd part of the aspiration she needs to complete a course with an A. The glitch is that she has an A+ average but as she finishes the class up when I switch back it does not fill that part of the aspiration for her to continue. The first time that occurred I thought she just needed me to have her aspiration set on academic when I switched back. However, this did not fix it.   Not sure it is a glitch for everyone, but I am assuming it probably is. Do I need to finish this degree and have her complete another one to complete her aspiration just not start class on the weekend? Or is there another way I can fix this and save my dynasty? Thank you as always!!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #708 on: January 10, 2020, 08:37:16 AM »
I encountered a terrible snag in the well-educated bloodline. I thought it would be helpful to have my sim start at the beginning of the week. However, she is not going to be able to complete her aspiration without difficulty. In the 2nd part of the aspiration she needs to complete a course with an A. The glitch is that she has an A+ average but as she finishes the class up when I switch back it does not fill that part of the aspiration for her to continue. The first time that occurred I thought she just needed me to have her aspiration set on academic when I switched back. However, this did not fix it.   Not sure it is a glitch for everyone, but I am assuming it probably is. Do I need to finish this degree and have her complete another one to complete her aspiration just not start class on the weekend? Or is there another way I can fix this and save my dynasty? Thank you as always!!!

I just saw your question. If she doesn't get her grades before the week is up, and she has an A or above, then you can use a cheat to manually complete that part of the aspiration. It's Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #709 on: January 22, 2020, 07:11:42 AM »
Added to the Rules:

Note: At 4 pm on the Saturday before you are due to play this household, you may switch to it long enough to enroll your heir in a term at University.

This is to avoid the situation that @Makenziegma describes:

In other words, you go to your Well-Educated household, sign your Sim up for classes, and then go back to the household you're currently playing. That way, your Well-Educated Sim will have M-F for classes and be able to get grades and eventually graduate. You may lose scholarships, however.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #710 on: January 22, 2020, 07:21:18 AM »
Added to the Rules:

For this challenge, the Tiny Lot Residential trait counts as a skill-boosting lot trait.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #711 on: March 05, 2020, 03:29:13 PM »
I'm dong the Pet Lover bloodline.  Does the founder and each of the heirs have to complete:

1. The Animal Lover aspiration
2. Take a vet clinic from 1 star to 5 stars
3. Max the Pet Training skill
4 Place pictures of each pet in the museum

or is it a group effort and only have to be done one time?  If the Founder and all the heirs have to complete the challenge. Do I make new vet clinics each time taking up one of the fifteen plots of land in Newcrest?

Thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #712 on: March 05, 2020, 03:33:02 PM »
@mariposa1127 Every generation has to complete all of the goals but no one said your clinics have to all be in the same town either. Granted I don't know which packs you're working with.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #713 on: March 16, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »
Thank you Marian for the clarification. When school resumed I needed to put my dynasty on hold. However, now I have the time to play again. Thanks for all your help!!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #714 on: March 17, 2020, 07:34:13 AM »
Thank you Marian for the clarification. When school resumed I needed to put my dynasty on hold. However, now I have the time to play again. Thanks for all your help!!!

Actually, I've been playing around with DU. For the Rival Dynasties challenge, I think the best thing might be to put your 3 dynasties on a Saturday-to-Saturday week. But I still haven't sent anyone to graduation, so I haven't put that in the rules yet.

Offline ChrissieC_Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
Hello! First I am new to this forum and I am love playing the challenges here. In my current save file I am playing the Rival Dynasty-well educated blood line. And I have found that on returning back to the household my Sim has failed. Even though I have jump at the end of the week (Saturday at 4pm) to ensure she is enrolled in courses. She is currently going to uni on her own lot.

Any ways I can fix this? Or a work around. I really like the fact I rival with the well educated sims against the other families.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #716 on: March 29, 2020, 09:44:22 AM »
Hello! First I am new to this forum and I am love playing the challenges here. In my current save file I am playing the Rival Dynasty-well educated blood line. And I have found that on returning back to the household my Sim has failed. Even though I have jump at the end of the week (Saturday at 4pm) to ensure she is enrolled in courses. She is currently going to uni on her own lot.

Any ways I can fix this? Or a work around. I really like the fact I rival with the well educated sims against the other families.

@ChrissieC_Sim I'm pretty sure your sim has to go to UNI from their own lot for this challenge, otherwise they have to give up their starting lot.  At least, that is my interpretation of the rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #717 on: March 29, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »

Welcome to the forum! I don't understand how your Sim has failed. The only thing I can think of is that you might not have "aging on, active household only" checked. Either that or you re-enrolled her before switching households. The idea is to make sure that her household is the active household for the Monday through Friday when she's taking classes.

Offline ChrissieC_Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #718 on: March 29, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
Hi @simfulicious! Thanks for responding back. hmmm...so the last time I was with her I sent her to uni from her own lot. Then I came back about 6 sims days later (Saturday) and she had failed out. I guess I thought, sims would go to uni and/or work when you are not playing them. Perhaps, I should turn aging on for played sims?

In the intermediate, I will just have them be  super tech nerd dynasty family...LOL

Offline ChrissieC_Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #719 on: March 29, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »

Welcome to the forum! I don't understand how your Sim has failed. The only thing I can think of is that you might not have "aging on, active household only" checked. Either that or you re-enrolled her before switching households. The idea is to make sure that her household is the active household for the Monday through Friday when she's taking classes.

@MarianT I do have the aging on , active household only. So I need to make sure I enroll her during the week I play her household so theoretically, when I come back she starts her next term (because she is not aging up) ...am I thinking about this right?

anything