Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236326 times)

Offline Justwright

• Townie
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4950 on: June 20, 2015, 02:35:38 AM »
Welcome back, Wild Child and Kylen. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4951 on: June 20, 2015, 09:13:01 AM »
Glad to have you back, Wild Child!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #4952 on: June 21, 2015, 04:39:25 AM »
Hi everyone.  I am Christina.  I am a 32 year old stay at home mom for a fabulous 9 year old son and a beautiful 7 year old girl.  I have been a member for awhile, and I have always felt kind of unwelcome.  When I found this site, I was so thoroughly impressed on the content and challenges, I was immediately a fan.  So, I was devastated when the first contact I had with moderators was immediately correcting me on accidently calling a dynasty a legacy.  I am sure it was polite correcting, but it is really hard to distinguish tone or meaning in text.  It was really bothersome to me, because I wasn't even aware of there being a difference.  Anyway, I am not sure if it is just me being paranoid, or something else, but I thought maybe one of the reasons for feeling unwelcome is because I never formally introduced myself.  So, I love the sims, and I love strategy.  I am very aware that I am not the best strategist, and I don't think I stand a chance to win a tournament.  I still have fun doing the challenges when I am in to playing the sims, and always trying my best to put the best score up that I can.  So, thanks for the site, I really love it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4953 on: June 21, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »
Welcome, Christina!

I'm sorry you've felt unwelcome. If it's any consolation, most of us have been scolded at least once while posting here. And you're more likely to hear from moderators when you make a mistake -- we're kind of like traffic cops. But we also try to be helpful.

I'm glad you're enjoying the challenges. I've been doing them for several years now, and I've never made it into the top 5 on one. But it's the kind of competition where winning really doesn't matter.

Keep posting! Marian

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4954 on: June 21, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
Hi!

I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I've been playing the Sims for about a year and a half and have found this forum to be unbelievably helpful when I faced a problem and really fun once I got into reading stories.

I'm a stay-at-home Mom to two darling tiny girls, and mostly play Sims during their naps.

I really enjoy playing Dynasties and reading Dynasty stories. I had eight (!) failed Sims 3 immortal dynasty attempts under my belt when Sims 4 came out for Mac. I really enjoy Sims 4 and once I started playing it I never looked back. I'm hoping to start a new dynasty at some point, but for now I'm just reading the stories of other and gaining insight from all of your experiences.

I decided to come out of the woodwork because I do have a non-dynasty story that I'd like to share, and I think this would be the best place to do it. I've loved getting to know all of you through your posts, and look forward to taking a more participatory role in the forum.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4955 on: June 21, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
Welcome, Francesca! I'll look forward to reading your story. By the way, I've failed at 4 Immortal Dynasty attempts so you're not alone.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4956 on: June 22, 2015, 03:14:01 AM »
@christinal3106 I too am sorry you've felt unwelcome.  Welcome to the forum, Christina!

You're right about tones not being obvious from messages written online.  People can write a message with the best intentions, and the receiver can still be unsure of how to interpret the tone.  I've been on both ends of this.  On the giving end, hoping that the person receiving the message won't be offended, but still wanting to get the message across, and on the receiving end, which can be embarrassing.  I don't think that the moderator that was on the giving end here was upset, or meant anything personal with the message.  I also notice that you've done very well in challenges, even winning one and earning second place in another.  I'm glad that you can still have fun with the challenges even when you don't win.  I enjoy the challenges too.  Even if I don't win, afterwards I like learning about strategies that other players used.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vladimirgothik

• Nooboo
« Reply #4957 on: June 22, 2015, 10:05:12 AM »
Hello every one ! I 'm Mona, a french girl from Lyon, south of France and beautiful city !! I'm in love with the Sims 3 and 4, so if you want to discuss with me about it, let's go ! see u guys

Offline Lostgirl73

• Nooboo
« Reply #4958 on: June 22, 2015, 10:27:31 AM »
Hi,

I am new to the forum as of today!  I have been using Carla guide for a few weeks and I decided I want to get more out of the game than just playing solo!

SO... HI EVERYONE!!!!

XXX

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4959 on: June 22, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Vladimirgothik and Lostgirl73.

I'm going to merge this topic with the "introduce yourself" thread.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #4960 on: June 22, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
Thanks for the kind words @ClayMask and @MarianT .  Also, welcome to the new members.

Offline CodeRed

• Nooboo
« Reply #4961 on: June 23, 2015, 07:43:43 AM »
Hello everyone!
I first found this place a couple months back and started reading some stories and legacies here. This forum seems like a fun place so I decided to join!
I suppose I should say a little about myself as well...
My name is Marissa, I'm 27 and live in Estonia (teeny country in Europe). I love cats, but I can never have pets in Sims because I can't handle them dying of old age. (Am I the only one, by the way?)
Also I have been playing since the days of Sims 2, when I first got a good enough computer. I think Sims 3 is my favorite out of all of the games, I just love the open worlds.
I have been meaning to do a proper legacy in Sims 4 though since it first came out, but I can never manage to get past the first couple generations, I would love to start one and post it here to actually have motivation to complete all 10 generations.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long post and for any grammar errors, English is not my first language.
I'm glad to be here! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4962 on: June 23, 2015, 08:17:29 AM »
Welcome, Marissa! We're glad to have you. I look forward to reading your legacy.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4963 on: June 23, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
Hi @CodeRed , I too can't cope with pets dying of old age and after once, have never played with pets and had aging on again in TS3. With TS4 I've forced myself to play with aging on and have recently been attempting dynasties and legacies, but if pets ever make an appearance in TS4 aging will go straight back to being off!  Welcome to the forum.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CodeRed

• Nooboo
« Reply #4964 on: June 24, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
Thank you MarianT and Playalot!
I love the families I have in both Sims 3 and 4, I play with aging set to long unless it's for a challenge, I do love seeing the families grow and evolve, but even having my sims pass makes me a bit sad to be honest.