Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415323 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Imaginary Friends
« on: June 01, 2011, 01:26:10 AM »
I got my first imaginary friend doll! I named it BunBun. Share your imaginary friend experiences here!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »
My first experience with this thing isn't great. Only because I haven't had one. My kid's been active probably 30-40 Sim days, so it looks like I'm not getting one. So, they don't all get them, especially those made in Create a Sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
My first experience with this thing isn't great. Only because I haven't had one. My kid's been active probably 30-40 Sim days, so it looks like I'm not getting one. So, they don't all get them, especially those made in Create a Sim.

Yeah I looked in buy mode and in the buydebug cheat and they are not there, at least that I seen. Mine was in the inventory of the newborn baby. So that is just unfair. Looks like your going to have to go "try for baby". :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:28 AM »
That's awful Carl. I made a couple with 2 toddlers and when they moved into their lot, both the kids had one in their inventory! The thing I find weird is it says it grows with the kid. Well, I got the pop-up that they had a birthday coming up, so I went ahead and aged them both with a cake. That was a whole day ago and the dolls are still in doll form. I even had them play and sing to it from the minute they were made! I got a pop-up saying they would be good friends blah blah, but it still hasn't grown!!

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:18:25 AM »
That's awful Carl. I made a couple with 2 toddlers and when they moved into their lot, both the kids had one in their inventory! The thing I find weird is it says it grows with the kid. Well, I got the pop-up that they had a birthday coming up, so I went ahead and aged them both with a cake. That was a whole day ago and the dolls are still in doll form. I even had them play and sing to it from the minute they were made! I got a pop-up saying they would be good friends blah blah, but it still hasn't grown!!

That is not cool! Maybe there is like a certain amount of time needed to be spent with them? I still have a baby so I have yet to even start the bonding process. I will be up most of the night so I will fill you in. Maybe you aged them up too soon? Were they children when you aged them up?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:19:18 AM »
Thanks Esther, that gives me hope. I'll load up right now and try again for the doll. I very much want that page published :P

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:24:14 AM »
You're welcome Carl! I made them in CAS and they spent every second playing and singing to it, besides the time taken to teach them their skills. So they spent at least 5 days straight singing and playing with it. Then I got the pop-up saying it was going to be their birthdays soon, so I bought 2 cakes and used them. They are now children, but the dolls are still just dolls.  :( I have the kids playing in the sandbox right now, hoping their dolls will turn soon. Wait, maybe if I take them out of the inventory? I'll be back!

EDIT: After less than 3 minutes on the ground, they turned!!  ;D So I guess it doesn't work in inventory!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:27:27 AM »
Good news. If you absolutely want one, you don't have to keep re-creating the family or anything. It's decided whether they get the doll when they move in. Little Cindy has a doll on try #3. I imagine it's 50/50, with two options. So that's going in the article :P

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 02:59:38 AM »
Here are some pictures of my toddler Zoey with her doll. You can see in the next picture the plus relationship signs.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 03:12:33 AM »
Haha my kids just went to school, and the imaginary friends turned back into dolls on the ground! That's awesome! Those are cute pics Barbie! I wanted to share a pic! This is Easter talking to her IF in the princess and pauper tree house!

I'm editing this to add a pic. The kids got out of school and as soon as they got home, the dolls disappeared. Funny stuff! Plus, here is a close up of an imaginary friend! Her name is Alice!

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:13:22 AM »
My newborn baby got one in the mail the morning after she was born. The mom went to pick up the mail and the toy appeared in the baby's inventory. There was a pop-up saying it was a gift from grandma's second cousin Bertha or something similar.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 03:26:19 AM »
That is so amazing! So do you think my Violet (who is already a child) will get that? :-\ One more question regarding Imaginary Friends: do they speak in normal voice?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 03:40:24 AM »
Chronic, I'm not sure if Violet will get one. As for them talking, I took a video of Easter and her IF Buddy having a conversation. I think they sound normal. At least it's not all metallic! I know I said on the tree house pic it was Esther, but I mistyped. I'll go edit it. The mom is Esther, this is Easter!  ;D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=10150200859893511

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 03:43:51 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Esther! Maybe it's only me, but I think their voice is a bit "dollish". Don't know how to describe otherwise, sorry. Do they have any special interactions?
As you said the other day - Easter, Ester, Esther - it's all the same! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »
You're welcome! I guess so but I've never heard dolls talk before!  :P When you click on them, you get the normal interactions, then you also have "get me a snack" "clean up for me" and "leave me alone". And yeah it's all the same lol. Oh and there is an offer to make real! But you must have that potion in their inventory. Another funny thing is Easter was trying to do her homework, and Buddy kept interrupting, so I teleported away from him into a locked room, and he teleported as well! Hilarious!!

anything