Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415328 times)

Offline Stellastatistic

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #390 on: November 25, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
Not sure if this has been asked or not, but does a phone know how to locate a missing IF? My sim's got taken while she was doing time in jail and I haven't seen it since. Although she does pop up as a stationary sim every once and a while. (I'm using Twallen's Master Controller and Overwatch.) anyone know how to find her?

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »
My sim just got the wish "Become an Imaginary Friend". I can't seem to find anything about this. Does anyone know how this is done?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »
My sim just got the wish "Become an Imaginary Friend". I can't seem to find anything about this. Does anyone know how this is done?

There might be a potion from the Alchemy skill that can turn your Sim into an IF.  :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »
If there is, the game is hiding it really well.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »
If there is, the game is hiding it really well.

Yeah... I lied... ignore me.

sorry about that (they had it for everything else and I thought they had it for IF's as well...oops.)

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
I checked the guide and there isn't a potion for it - not an alchemy one anyway. It seems you can turn IFs into sims but not the other way around. The other thing I can think of requires cheats, if you edit in CAS then the IF option should be there under the supernatural type box.
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
That's why I'm so confused. How do you get a wish for it if you can't actually do it in the game without cheats?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2012, 01:10:01 AM »
That's why I'm so confused. How do you get a wish for it if you can't actually do it in the game without cheats?

does the sim have any chance of having IF genetics (father/mother/grandfather/grandmother for example) the IF trait can be passed down and maybe the child can turn into one thanks to genetics.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2012, 01:38:07 AM »
So... I was playing my sims the other night on an old file, and there's a light blue haired child sim that has an IF on there. I aged up the two babies in the file and I noticed a random darker skinned, blonde male child wandering around. When I moused over him, it said it was Kahlina's (the child sim) IF! The doll was still in Kahlina's inventory and everything. Once I caked Kahlina up to teen, I forced the IF to age up too, so that I could have Kahlina work on the potion on the chemistry set. That way, they'd be the same age once I turned him real. Anywais, when I did turn him real, he looked nothing like the blonde child/teen he showed as earlier.

Offline Agnes

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »
does the sim have any chance of having IF genetics (father/mother/grandfather/grandmother for example) the IF trait can be passed down and maybe the child can turn into one thanks to genetics.

Nope. She's only the second generation of completely normal parents I created. Maybe it's a weird glitch. The description says "Your Sim wants to become supernatural." She is a Supernatural Fan, so maybe that wish will just pop up with every Supernatural she meets, even if she can't actually turn in into that Supernatural.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
That seems the most likely thing, there are glitches; I've had a vampire get a wish to become a vampire before...
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »
I've had an issue with an imaginary friend. I had a child sim who had an IF. It was Winter and I was worried about snow days impacting on his school work and so I sent him to boarding school. About 3 days into boarding school (it should have been shorter) another family member got married and moved his wife in. The child sim returned home and got the message about placing the Imaginary Friend on the ground. The child sim doesn't have the IF doll in his inventor. Is there some way of getting the Imaginary Friend back, or turning off the message about letting the Imaginary Friend out to play?

Many thanks,

Dek

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
« Reply #402 on: February 06, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »
I have twins who each got an IF doll.  I'm worried I may have switched them at some point.  If a child plays with the wrong doll will it never grow up to be an IF?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 06, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
I have twins who each got an IF doll.  I'm worried I may have switched them at some point.  If a child plays with the wrong doll will it never grow up to be an IF?

I am not really sure about if it makes a difference, if they are switched or not, maybe just keep switching them and have the kids play with them and maybe you will get the message about putting them on the ground.

I know I had a IF that aged with my youth, somehow, he dissappeared and was still in friends list.  I eventually found the IF and put him back in the household.  Only thing, he was human, walked like an IF and had the little ball on his head and there was no option for them to drink the potion.  So strange things are happening with IF now.  I also have one that the toddler/turned youth, will not get the message to put the IF on the ground.  The youth has played with that silly doll constantly since toddler.  The father made the potion and just waiting for the IF to immerge.  Funny little dolls, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #404 on: February 06, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
I think there's something you can do - put it on the ground and have someone else do a command on it? hover the cursor over it in your inventory? - to identify them as "(name's) Toy." I wish I remembered what that was...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms