Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 242997 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
I like spending hours dividing up my museum space between my immortals, with colour schemes for each to be immortal. Between that and the hours I spend designing new clothes for them, its amazing I have time to play the game. :D

Anna33

« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
If you end up with an alien baby and want to keep it, save the game while the sim is pregnant Copy the file so you get to keep the alien and stay within Dynasty rules. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
I find that the #1 easiest way to make best friends is to have a rabbit-hole career, since you can just Meet Co-Workers and Hang Out with Co-Workers. Having rabbit-holes really helped me with the Best Friend requirement, so I didn't have to run around making Best Friends before Ambrosia.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »
Since the value of the museum is actually the entire point of the dynasty:
Is the "museum" only portraits/sculptures/photos, or do floors and other objects within the room count?

The museum is not the entire point of the dynasty - the point of the dynasty is to get to 8 elders that have eaten ambrosia.   No one should ever feel that the museum is the point because it's not.   We could easily get rid of that and keep the Hall of Fame.    As Trip said though, it's just the art that counts and the only thing mandatory is the paintings. 

If you end up with an alien baby and want to keep it, save the game while the sim is pregnant Copy the file so you get to keep the alien and stay within Dynasty rules. :)

Just remember that aliens don't transfer files through CAS or household.  They don't retain their alien abilities so there really is no point in keeping an alien baby in a copy of your dynasty file.  If you really want an alien baby - you can do it in another file and not be playing the same people over and over.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
The museum is not the entire point of the dynasty - the point of the dynasty is to get to 8 elders that have eaten ambrosia.   No one should ever feel that the museum is the point because it's not.   We could easily get rid of that and keep the Hall of Fame.    As Trip said though, it's just the art that counts and the only thing mandatory is the paintings. 

My wording was a little unclear--I just meant that was the way scoring was kept.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #260 on: December 26, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »
I have a tip, for the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine Challenge, you need 400 bunch of grapes to be turn into nectar. The trick to completing this is to plant the grapes yourself and harvest them yourself. Of course, during the course of the process, I advice that no one should travel, since it will reset the challenge.

So, I find Renoit Grapes to be the best choice for this, this is due to the fact that:
a) It has a short grow time, with life fruit as fertilizer its around 4 days.
b) Combine with 5 apples it makes an amazing nectar.

Since the challenge require use to have 400 bunch of grapes, so we need around 15-16 bushes of grapes. You can choose any grapes type, but personally I prefer Renoit Grapes. The Cherimola Blan and Avolarino variants are also fine for me though.
Start with making your Nectar maker plant 15-16 bushes of grapes, then fertilize the grapes with life fruits.
If you have gardening a supermaxed by previous immortal (like me), you can use the immortal to fertilize the grapes instead.
Instead of using "Tend Garden", use "Harvest" when collecting grapes. This will stop your nectar maker from getting anymore skill experience and overwriting the previous immortal's supermax. Have the gardener to weed the garden if necessary.

I hope this helps! Good Luck.

Offline WJMill

• Nooboo
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
A few things I found help with money right away in my other games as I have not started my Dynasty yet.. (I'm definitely a planner so I'm probably going to be spending a crazy amount of time meticulously planning and micromanaging EVERYTHING..)

-(With Seasons) Pick wildflowers: Especially Sweet William ($200/ea), Indian Blanket ($400/ea), and Cosmos ($600/ea) You may get the allergy debuff but it's not so bad that it will completely drain the mood meter. (Also, I only usually play with Summer on and I haven't run into allergies or illness.) They are most plentiful in the Festival lot, but I have seen them on my own lots before. I've also noticed that they respawn if you spend enough time down at the festival lot.

-(With WA/Supernatural) Tiberium! Especially with a Gem-U-Cut is an excellent way to get money as you can grow them from gem dust and make each piece worth anywhere between $35,000 and $42,000 in just a few days. I have not seen a Witch convert anything into Tiberium (yet), but I'm wondering if dogs can find them with a high enough hunting skill. Otherwise you can always use that dumb transfiguration thing from WA.. I've never actually tried it before!

Also a quick question: Has anyone made a ruling for the SwiftGro gardening station? I can't remember off the top of my head if it gives gardening skill..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
Dogs can find Tiberium, and they don't even need a high hunting skill to do it. Never even thought about the wildflowers before!

The Midas Touch Elixir is even more stupidly powerful. Wei found one during his nightly elixir shop run (before fishing the night away), and that pushed the funds up to 400k with one session. Also, I'm confessing that this is the first time I'm using invigorating elixirs for a sculptor. How naive I was...

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #263 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:30 PM »
Also a quick question: Has anyone made a ruling for the SwiftGro gardening station? I can't remember off the top of my head if it gives gardening skill..

In the dynasties it's allowed.  It does give a little gardening skill but combined with the sunflowers, it makes gardening a breeze & a half. 

About the invigorating elixirs, yes they are absolutely enjoyable.   If you don't have supernatural but you do have generations, the sleeping potion that comes from logic is highly recommended.   It reduces the amount of time needed to sleep fully and with a decent bed, it can be handled in no time.  Almost as good as motive mobile or moodlet manager but with an included buff!   I used it with the sleeper premium content and it was amazing.   I also found giving art slaves the inappropriate trait so they could wash in the sink a bonus. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
I'm currently withholding showers from my artists instead. ;D I like to ignore hygiene when I'm rushing to get museum pieces done, since they'll still work through filth.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: December 27, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
I'm currently withholding showers from my artists instead. ;D I like to ignore hygiene when I'm rushing to get museum pieces done, since they'll still work through filth.

I do it purely for moodlets.   Having a high mood will get them LTHP even when they don't want to be sculpting and are wishing for things like friends, socialization and leaving the house.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #266 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »
Oh yes I didn't think to mention it but I often use wildflowers as a source of income now. Make sure to sell them the same day before they depreciate in value. It's also handy because while out searching for Special seeds, I often run across wildflowers as they spawn in the same places (flowers and seeds, not just Special seeds.)

When I finally travel I'm planning to stock up on Showers in a Can so my Sims don't have to shower or even sponge bath anymore unless I want them to. I am planning for travel bugs later on so I only expect to go to each location once, and I plan to get as much as I possibly can while I'm there.

Speaking of travelling, what I usually want is new plants for my gardener Sim. Since I got Al Fresco Street Market, though, I have been discovering the wonders of the Fruit/Veg cart! No more need to run off to China in order to get Cherries! No more need to raise VISA in France and gather Ancient Coins to earn Meloire Grapes! No more hunting and hoping for a Special seed that will turn out to be Life fruit! I also found that the new Lemons and Purple Eggplants that came with the venue can be found on the cart. Everything you need is right there! (Eventually.) I plopped one down right on the home lot and check/buy it out periodically. I have not found that the produce I put up for sale is selling there though, I will have to do that on a community lot because I have seen it work there. It's even better than the Consignment Store in that you get the money as soon as a Sim wanders over and buys your stuff from the cart!

By samoht04

SimBlip

« Reply #267 on: December 27, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
I have a tip, for the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine Challenge, you need 400 bunch of grapes to be turn into nectar. The trick to completing this is to plant the grapes yourself and harvest them yourself. Of course, during the course of the process, I advice that no one should travel, since it will reset the challenge.

So, I find Renoit Grapes to be the best choice for this, this is due to the fact that:
a) It has a short grow time, with life fruit as fertilizer its around 4 days.
b) Combine with 5 apples it makes an amazing nectar.

If you want to complete this challenge quickly, try the following recipe:

8 x renoit + 2 x cherimola

This nectar is classified as 'great'.
The grapes are easy to grow and you can easily work out the number of vines needed.

I have more 'great' and 100% nectar vine recipes if anyone is interested. :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »
Just another lovely random museum question:
What is the best way to total up the value? Click each item and write down the value, or is there another easier way?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
Just another lovely random museum question:
What is the best way to total up the value? Click each item and write down the value, or is there another easier way?

I click each item and just key them into my calculator, then write them down for memo. That's what I did, and it was time consuming.  :)